ADVERTISEMENT

Boogie

I have a story of Boogie that is NSFW when it was August his freshman year at UK and the team came to a party at my house off Southpoint drive.

Reactions: HLW1010
I think it's best for him and them if he goes elsewhere.

It's fun to have them playing together and the stats are gaudy, but I don't think it's conducive to winning in 2018.

Boogie's max deal spent elsewhere (a wing) could make that a really good team.

It's fun to have them playing together and the stats are gaudy, but I don't think it's conducive to winning in 2018.

Who gonna stay in the middle and stop the pick in roll that killed them against GS?

This.

Boogie is a great player, but his future is not in NOLA. He's gonna want a bigger paycheck, he isn't getting it coming off a ruptured achilles. Davis has proven that he can be an absolutely unguardable center, and Mirotic spaces the floor in a huge way. He plays great next to Davis.

If NOLA cuts Boogie loose, they have about ~30 million to play with (the owner will dip into the luxury tax for elite players). That's money that could get a player like LeBron in town.

A lot of great small forwards in the free agent pool this off-season. LeBron James, Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, Kevin Durant (pencil him in for Golden State though, barring something bizarre). Carmelo Anthony (I see him going to the Rockets, unless LeBron were to go there or something).

If they can get one of those small forwards to play next to Davis and Holiday, NOLA can go toe-to-toe with anybody. If they really want to contend for an NBA title though, they either need to sell out for LeBron at about 30 million, or they need to get one of George, Leonard, or Carmelo at 22 million and get a very solid 3 and D guy to come off the bench for about 8 million or so.

I'm not at work. Details?
So we had a fairly nice house I lived in off Southpoint Dr. that hosted fraternity parties. One of my fraternity brothers was a manager for the basketball team (he’s now a college assistant somewhere) and he invited the new players out. Everyone was excited cause we were done with the BCG era and had Cal. Boogie takes his shirt off by the beer pong table and has a wife beater on. Some girl asks him why he has so many tattoos for. He said “cause I like to fight.” She asked “why do you lien to fight?” His response “cause I’m a thug”. Shortly after he’s sitting in our recliner in the living room (fairly small living room). Same girl asks him if he wants a drink. You know college parties. And his response “naw a n**** tryin to get his d*** sucked”. There you go

So we had a fairly nice house I lived in off Southpoint Dr. that hosted fraternity parties. One of my fraternity brothers was a manager for the basketball team (he’s now a college assistant somewhere) and he invited the new players out. Everyone was excited cause we were done with the BCG era and had Cal. Boogie takes his shirt off by the beer pong table and has a wife beater on. Some girl asks him why he has so many tattoos for. He said “cause I like to fight.” She asked “why do you lien to fight?” His response “cause I’m a thug”. Shortly after he’s sitting in our recliner in the living room (fairly small living room). Same girl asks him if he wants a drink. You know college parties. And his response “naw a n**** tryin to get his d*** sucked”. There you go

So..... did he get it sucked or not?

lol, okay

Reactions: BBUK
This.

Boogie is a great player, but his future is not in NOLA. He's gonna want a bigger paycheck, he isn't getting it coming off a ruptured achilles. Davis has proven that he can be an absolutely unguardable center, and Mirotic spaces the floor in a huge way. He plays great next to Davis.

If NOLA cuts Boogie loose, they have about ~30 million to play with (the owner will dip into the luxury tax for elite players). That's money that could get a player like LeBron in town.

A lot of great small forwards in the free agent pool this off-season. LeBron James, Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, Kevin Durant (pencil him in for Golden State though, barring something bizarre). Carmelo Anthony (I see him going to the Rockets, unless LeBron were to go there or something).

If they can get one of those small forwards to play next to Davis and Holiday, NOLA can go toe-to-toe with anybody. If they really want to contend for an NBA title though, they either need to sell out for LeBron at about 30 million, or they need to get one of George, Leonard, or Carmelo at 22 million and get a very solid 3 and D guy to come off the bench for about 8 million or so.

There is a 0% chance that Carmelo ops out of his contract. He is owed 28 million next season by the Thunder. He won't get anything CLOSE to that if he opts out. So he'll lose between 15-20 MILLION dollars if he opts out of his contract. Aint happening.

PG-13 is also going to opt back in for one more year in OKC.

Kawhi Leonard isn't a free agent until 2020, so if he moves, it'll be through trade. The Spurs won't take Boogie as he doesn't fit their culture, and NOLA has no other pieces that SA would want. So that rules Kawhi out.

KD is obviously going to stay in GSW and there is less than a 0% chance that LeBron even looks at NOLA without laughing.

There is no (significant) help on the way for AD in the immediate future IMO. But I agree that Boogie won't be in NOLA for much longer.

He is very good player. But he is head case.

I'd like to have a few of his issues. (Not talking about the money though that would be nice.) The guy gives to kids and the under-privileged until it hurts. He doesn't document it but it is well documented.

Some of his actions are not well thought out ahead of time but I do not regard him a head case. You cannot do the good he does and also be a head case. Call him out of control or whatever but he is not a head case.

There is a 0% chance that Carmelo ops out of his contract. He is owed 28 million next season by the Thunder. He won't get anything CLOSE to that if he opts out. So he'll lose between 15-20 MILLION dollars if he opts out of his contract. Aint happening.

Kawhi Leonard isn't a free agent until 2020, so if he moves, it'll be through trade. The Spurs won't take Boogie as he doesn't fit their culture, and NOLA has no other pieces that SA would want. So that rules Kawhi out.

KD is obviously going to stay in GSW and there is less than a 0% chance that LeBron even looks at NOLA without laughing.

There is no (significant) help on the way for AD in the immediate future IMO. But I agree that Boogie won't be in NOLA for much longer.

Agree with all this except I think PG opts out to get a bigger deal.

Reactions: Aike
The only issue is, NOLA will struggle to get any legit player worth a true "max" deal. I would say, Klay Thompson would be the PERFECT fit as GS will likely have to give up one player and he would be the most likely. A killer wing/SG like him that plays elite Defense and maybe he would be willing to go to a team like NOLA since he had won titles already. PG13, Lenorad and others all want to be in LA or somewhere like that, NO WAY do they even sniff NOLA.

This is why NOLA may still think about pursuing Boogie since they can offer him the most and unlikely that such a dominate player would come so willingly to NOLA, even despite his baggage.

Was about to post a lot of this, but I think Paul George ends up in LA.

This.

Besides other things people have mentioned, NO won’t have $30 million to spend if Cousins walks. They will be up against the cap and need to use exceptions to sign players.

Well said, curious though...where do you think Lebron may go after this year? He doesn't seem to really be slowing down and looks to have a good 3 years or so (maybe longer?) left in the tank. Pairing him with Rondo and Davis could be interesting? But maybe not good enough for rings?

He is pretty much carrying Cleveland on his own right now so Im intrigued to see where he goes.

Well said, curious though...where do you think Lebron may go after this year? He doesn't seem to really be slowing down and looks to have a good 3 years or so (maybe longer?) left in the tank. Pairing him with Rondo and Davis could be interesting? But maybe not good enough for rings?

He is pretty much carrying Cleveland on his own right now so Im intrigued to see where he goes.

Vegas still thinks he’ll be in Cleveland. Next three choices are Houston, Lakers, and Philly, in no particular order.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Attitude wise there isn’t a difference between Boogie and Draymond . Draymond just happens to be on a great team

If able to find out about Draymond's philanthropy possibly. Cuz does not give out cheap shots no matter what anyone states. What he gives out, he means to give out. (Him not hiding it may lead to his image. Green however may be considered a cheap shot artist from the few times I have seen him play...)

I find it interesting that the OP said DMC "supposedly" he stopped following something on Instagram and instantly "fans" come out with pitchforks. NIce work haters.

Reactions: BBUK
This.

You kidding that an NBA team would give Anthony 22 mil a year ? You do mean Carmelo ? I'm not missing an Anthony am I ?

Do you think Cleveland will bring a max level star to go alongside Lebron?

I’m sure they would like to. They are way over the cap though. Would have to trade someone like Kevin Love and draft picks.

If I were Lebron, I would probably go to Houston, assuming they could make it work. People talk about staying in the weak East, and I get it, but look what Boston is doing right now without two stars.

If I’m Lebron, I try to get the best roster around me possible right now to try to get another ring or two before my legs give out. Houston looks like the best opportunity to me.

I'm guessing LeBron would love to play in Mike D'antoni's system. He will average 35 a game. And I think he would like the challenge of going up against Durant in the playoffs.

Philly has $30 million in cap space. They hope to get LeBron but they won't. Imagine Boogie in the East.

Reactions: Aike
Was about to post a lot of this, but I think Paul George ends up in LA.

A lot of people seem to think that, but given George's comments about how much he loves Westbrook, and how much he loves living in OKC and the fans, I think he gives it one more run.

The fact of the matter is that the Lakers don't have cap space for 2 max contract guys if they want to keep a good cast of the role players together (Julius Randle, etc.).

And even so, a team with 2 max guys (even if one is LeBron), isn't nearly enough to top GSW out west.

Now, a team with Paul George, Russell Westbrook, Carmelo Anthony, Steven Adams (who is an absolute STUD and one of the most underrated big men in the league), and a healthy Andre Roberson, all with an extra year of gelling together as a team...

Now THAT team could make a run at GSW, especially if given the opportunity to sign one or 2 more good role players who can make an impact (need a great shooter off the bench and another backup big).

I'm guessing LeBron would love to play in Mike D'antoni's system. He will average 35 a game. And I think he would like the challenge of going up against Durant in the playoffs.

Philly has $30 million in cap space. They hope to get LeBron but they won't. Imagine Boogie in the East.

How about Boogie to Boston for Hayward and one of Rozier, Baynes, or Marcus Smart maybe? Kyrie Tatum Morris Horford and Boogie in that offense would be unreal.

A lot of people seem to think that, but given George's comments about how much he loves Westbrook, and how much he loves living in OKC and the fans, I think he gives it one more run.

The fact of the matter is that the Lakers don't have cap space for 2 max contract guys if they want to keep a good cast of the role players together (Julius Randle, etc.).

And even so, a team with 2 max guys (even if one is LeBron), isn't nearly enough to top GSW out west.

Now, a team with Paul George, Russell Westbrook, Carmelo Anthony, Steven Adams (who is an absolute STUD and one of the most underrated big men in the league), and a healthy Andre Roberson, all with an extra year of gelling together as a team...

Now THAT team could make a run at GSW, especially if given the opportunity to sign one or 2 more good role players who can make an impact (need a great shooter off the bench and another backup big).

The Lakers could bring in 2 max guys and keep Randle if they move Deng. Might cost them picks, but they can do it.

But I’m not positive they have to bring in 2 max guys. They could sign PG, resign Randle, then try to pick up someone else next summer. They have a lot of flexibility.

That team wouldn’t compete with GS, but they would fight for a playoff spot and be in position to grow into a championship contender when GS starts to decline.

And I’m not a believer in OKC. PG is saying the right things, but we will see in a few weeks whether or not he’s a believer. Vegas is heavily favoring LAL, for the record.

Reactions: UKUGA
Agree with all this except I think PG opts out to get a bigger deal.

PG is set to make $20,703,384 next year for OKC. The OKC experiment mostly failed, and I know that he can't enjoy playing with Westbrook and Carmelo. NOLA could cut Boogie loose and easily offer PG $23m to 25m, and that's a deal that would appeal greatly to him. He won't find a better roster situation for him to step into with that kind of salary.

PG is set to make $20,703,384 next year for OKC. The OKC experiment mostly failed, and I know that he can't enjoy playing with Westbrook and Carmelo. NOLA could cut Boogie loose and easily offer PG $23m to 25m, and that's a deal that would appeal greatly to him. He won't find a better roster situation for him to step into with that kind of salary.

NO can’t do that though. They don’t have the cap room. They can offer Cousins a stack of money because they have his rights.

ADVERTISEMENT