ADVERTISEMENT

Boogie Watson

If nothing else he needs to be in on 3rd down pass rushes with Paschal. Those two could provide a good rush.

Boogie is a guy that would start on a lot of past UK teams, but we have an abundance of talent in front of him at the edge positions that are going to keep his snaps a bit limited. He'll start in 2019 and will be a huge player for us IMO.

The 'problem' is he's the backup to Allen. The good thing is he's the backup to Allen. IOW, Allen can get some more rest during games and stay fresh and we shouldn't really miss a beat.

The 'problem' is he's the backup to Allen. The good thing is he's the backup to Allen. IOW, Allen can get some more rest during games and stay fresh and we shouldn't really miss a beat.
Yea it is very difficult when the dude in front of you could be a first rounder. I think Boogie a guy who will have a 7 8 sack year before his time is up.

White and Stoops really like Boogie. I think he will be getting minutes. I also think his development is like Kash’s. When he takes over, there will be very little drop, if any. We are seeing good players replaced by ready players and not just by potential.

We are seeing good players replaced by ready players and not just by potential.

Following up on this, rather than start a new thread, I see Davis, King, Griffin, Robinson, Watson, and a few others as players that would be starting too soon on past UK squads. Giving Square and Oates redshirt years will continue this process of development that does not require inexperienced potential to hit the field when a starter leaves. It’s good to see there is a plan to recruiting. The desire is to continue to recruit players with higher ceilings than those currently on the field, but in the past we have seen players thrown into competition before experiencing and learning enough to maximize their gifts. I see the staff attempting to build this type of continuity on offense, as well, with slightly less success.

Following up on this, rather than start a new thread, I see Davis, King, Griffin, Robinson, Watson, and a few others as players that would be starting too soon on past UK squads. Giving Square and Oates redshirt years will continue this process of development that does not require inexperienced potential to hit the field when a starter leaves. It’s good to see there is a plan to recruiting. The desire is to continue to recruit players with higher ceilings than those currently on the field, but in the past we have seen players thrown into competition before experiencing and learning enough to maximize their gifts. I see the staff attempting to build this type of continuity on offense, as well, with slightly less success.
I agree and will add the offense is pretty deep at every spot but wr.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Griffin and Robinson need to get stronger, but have chances to become elite safeties because of their length and speed. I like Griffin’s game a lot. Davis, King, Watson have very good length and all can run sideline to sideline in pursuit well. You can also put Wright in that same category. They aren't even starting. KD McDaniel is another. Our depth at linebacker is the best I can ever remember. Oats and Square both need redshirts. I saw Oats play high school ball in Cincinnati, so I am familiar with his game. Give Chris 2 years and he will be a rising star. I watched Square get pushed around Friday night, and there isn’t any doubt that he will be a much better player at 230-235 a couple of years from now. Another future standout.

Yea it is very difficult when the dude in front of you could be a first rounder. I think Boogie a guy who will have a 7 8 sack year before his time is up.

You know, I feel differently about that situation, I think Allen pushes Boogie so hard that Boogie is just getting better. This is one thing that Stoops has lacked and that is great talent following great talent, these depth guys now have experienced leadership that they can learn from. It really needs to spread to the rest of the positions for us to really reach the level that some SEC teams play at.

The 'problem' is he's the backup to Allen. The good thing is he's the backup to Allen.

I should make this a thread of it's own, to insure that I get bashed, but by damn, long term, I foresee Boogie's ceiling as high or higher than Allen's. He has the body, the motor and the vision . . . .

Go back and look at last season. Opposing offenses were running some "pretty" plays, but Boogie Watson would spoil the shot, and the play by being in the right place at the right time.

I should make this a thread of it's own, to insure that I get bashed, but by damn, long term, I foresee Boogie's ceiling as high or higher than Allen's. He has the body, the motor and the vision . . . .

Go back and look at last season. Opposing offenses were running some "pretty" plays, but Boogie Watson would spoil the shot, and the play by being in the right place at the right time.

Could be right. But, some have projected Allen as a 1st Rd draft prospect.

ADVERTISEMENT