ADVERTISEMENT

Bolden transferring from Duke.

Watch... they'll pull some magic and get Bamba now.

Duke will always have the refs so they'll be fine no matter what , but if we dont get Bamba.....its gonna be lonnnnng season because Richards is a lot like WCS... just not that ready as a freshman.

Reactions: new era cat
Fudge, guess that will be two yrs we lose a big time big to dUKe. Or maybe serves as a cautionary tale of Bigs at dUKe. Obi is transferring as well.

I don't like this at all, as that tells me they have Bamba in the bag.

i don't think that's true. I think Marques were planning to transfer during the season, because he went to the end of bench. I think there were some strong feeling that Bolden was planning to transferring then.

But this does give Bamba more play time without worry... Which i don't like.

But, i think we'll see some transfer from UK side as well.

Did he say something negative about Cal or UK when he commited to Duke?

Surely Bamba can see how badly K used Bolden and Giles. Giles was the consensus number 1 pick, before K got him. Now when is he going? Bolden was a sure one and done. Now he is going to be at least 3 years out of HS before going into the draft. Why in the world would Bamba go to Duke?

Tweet that to Bamba. I'm dead serious.

If Bamba paid ANY attention at all to Boldens recruitment and tenure at Duke he'll laugh in Capel and K's faces.

"Hey come play for us. We have room because a guy that was a projected lottery pick when he got to campus last year transferred due to lack of playing time", isn't the best recruiting pitch.

This doesn't have anything to do with Bamba.It's been obvious for awhile he would transfer.And Bamba doesn't have worries about playing time because he starts anywhere.And he's happy we have Richards because Bamba wants to play the 4.

I fear Duke is trying to show Bamba that the deck is clear and he will be the mam. Hope he is smarter than that.

Bolden, Obi (who doesn't play anyway), Jeter, Giles, Jefferson are all gone. They are brining in Carter who is a 4. They have no 5 man.

I guess they have a 7 footer Vrankovic and a kid who is 6'10 Javin DeLaurier. So the cupboard isn't exactly bare.

Nope. And bolden himself isn't the bad guy here. Him and his mother got hoodwinked by Capel and K.
That dude was an absolute attention whore for about 3 months while he KNEW where he wanted to go and gave the coaches the impression he was favoring us specifically so that we wouldn't get another big guy. We could have had a realistic shot at Jarrett Allen but we kept showing him the love.

Then he sucks it up, rides the pine all year, and wants out? Edgar Allen Poe wished he could write a poetic tragedy this beautiful.

Last edited:
Bolden, Obi (who doesn't play anyway), Jeter, Giles, Jefferson are all gone. They are brining in Carter who is a 4. They have no 5 man.

I guess they have a 7 footer Vrankovic and a kid who is 6'10 Javin DeLaurier. So the cupboard isn't exactly bare.

:joy: Yeah Carter is a 4.

That is the exact BS that got Bolden to Duke in the first place. Carter is a college 5, and an NBA 5 at this point in time. And he's especially a 5 at Duke where if you idiots ever paid any attention, K ALWAYS plays a wing at the 4.

Jesus Christ, I preached all last year Tatum would be a 4 and Bolden would never see the court.

I've heard rumors of TCU.
Yep, I've been hearing rumors to that effect since midway through the season from a few friends that live in DeSote. Mama is absolutely not happy with Coach K and rumor is that TCU is the favored location.

:joy: Yeah Carter is a 4.

That is the exact BS that got Bolden to Duke in the first place. Carter is a college 5, and an NBA 5 at this point in time. And he's especially a 5 at Duke where if you idiots ever paid any attention, K ALWAYS plays a wing at the 4.

Jesus Christ, I preached all last year Tatum would be a 4 and Bolden would never see the court.
I'll eat my weight in moldy spam if Carter starts a single game at the 4 spot this coming year.

Reactions: wcc31
i don't think that's true. I think Marques were planning to transfer during the season, because he went to the end of bench. I think there were some strong feeling that Bolden was planning to transferring then.

But this does give Bamba more play time without worry... Which i don't like.

But, i think we'll see some transfer from UK side as well.
Rumors about his transfer started floating around midway through the season.

Reactions: WildMoon
He thought he'd be a one and goner preseason. Big guy Jarret Allen was ranked behind him and went to lowly U Tx and he will go in first round of draft more than likely. He's pissed dook let him down. jmo

Nope. And bolden himself isn't the bad guy here. Him and his mother got hoodwinked by Capel and K.
We probably dodged a bullet by not signing Bolden. From what I've heard his Mother is a clone of Alex Legion's Mom.

ADVERTISEMENT