ADVERTISEMENT

Bol Bol U19 Rejections

Crazy to think at age 8 he was watching Cal coach Kentucky.

This is why he called draft night 2010 the biggest night in the history of the program. It wasn't for us. It was to those 8 year old kids who only were just beginning to learn about Kentucky basketball. He implanted a rhetoric so strong in their heads that Kentucky is just synonymous with elite talent.

You just never know how things are having an effect on younger kids as they play out. Who knew right? Apparently Cal felt like it might.

Officially measured at the USA camp at 7'3 in shoes with a 7'8 wingspan, 9'7 standing reach and 220 pounds. I'm glad to see his weight hasn't been fudged and he's really like 205. 220 at his age and rapid growth isn't that bad. He could be 245 or so by the start of his NCAA season easily with a whole year plus some collegiate weight training to go. Gets more intriguing as a prospect every day.

Reactions: TopCatCal
This kid is on a rocketship. If the next 12 months of his development and stock go like the last 12, he's going to challenge Bagley's top spot in the rankings and the draft.

There's just so much intrigue and potential there, and when you watch him slide his feet on defense, or turn over each shoulder on the block, or knock down a three trailing in transition after he blocked a shot, gathered it and threw the outlet pass, it's incredible to think that he's still a baby and growing into that ridiculous frame.

The news about UK being his dream school is major. I think all the hesitation from coaches and scouts is gone with this kid. It went from a lot of "not sure, but let's keep tabs on him" to "priority number one" in about four months.

Reactions: TopCatCal
A 9' 7" standing reach! That's flatfooted. So that means he could probably stand on his tip toes and goal tend a shot. I dig it.

Reactions: bluebornwildcat
This is why he called draft night 2010 the biggest night in the history of the program. It wasn't for us. It was to those 8 year old kids who only were just beginning to learn about Kentucky basketball. He implanted a rhetoric so strong in their heads that Kentucky is just synonymous with elite talent.
I was never confused why he said what he said. He's was marketing our brand. I just don't agree it was our biggest moment.

My reply wasn't really targeted to you, just a general thought born from your post. You'd be shocked at how many don't understand it was an exercise in brand marketing!
What he said that day has certainly helped our recruiting effort. I do think he said that more for marketing rather than intent if that makes sense.

ADVERTISEMENT