ADVERTISEMENT

Bob Beatty retires from Trinity

Trinity has been in existence since the 1950s, Beatty is the best coach Trinity has had. He was a winner in Missouri before coming to Kentucky. He is the real deal.

I’m more surprised Beatty never tried to move up to the college coaching ranks. Surely he would have had success at the next level.

I’m more surprised Beatty never tried to move up to the college coaching ranks. Surely he would have had success at the next level.
I was told that his wife did not want to live the nomadic life of a college coach working up the ranks.

The man can really coach. I have been to a few of their practices. It is very impressive. They are run like college practices. Constant motion. No standing around or wasted time. All practice are filmed. Each player has access to that film each evening for game plan/review. Now they have many advantages as well. Best facilities. Best equipment. College size coaching staff. College style training staff. High level coaching assistants. It all takes talent to make it work, which they have. It is a machine. The next coach definitely has their work cut out for them. I do not expect them to drop off any time soon though. They will do a national search and hire appropriately.

He is a short term (4-5 years at most) hire from what I understand. He certainly put together a great defense this past season. Beatty will be a hard act to follow just as Coach Lampley was.

Not much of a national search

Beatty brought him back to Kentucky from Texas and it was a good move for Trinity. It will be interesting to see who he gets for OC and DC. Because he may only be HC for a handful of years, those hires may tell you a bit about who the next HC will be.

Do really good players pay the tuition fee that a normal student does??

It's all based on your family's income. You turn in income docs to show school. Private school then determines what your family pays. They used to have work programs as well. So you may stay after school and paint locker room or clean, etc. Not sure they do that any longer.
Rumor was years ago, HIGHLY recruited basketball player went to X and thought it was going to be free. Was told they would have to pay 50% tuition, they said no, and went back to Indiana.

ADVERTISEMENT