ADVERTISEMENT

Blue-White Scrimmage

This is the best a CaL team as looked in the b/w game in some years and we are missing 2 of our big time players. I am excited.

I have been in the stands for the last three B/W scrimmages. To me, this is the least impressed I have been at this point. Last year, the speed and athleticism on display in the game was amazing. We were scoring in 3 to 4 seconds time and time again. Our guards last year looked like they were going to be special...and they were.

This year, the guards did not look poor, but they certainly didn't remind me of Fox and Monk! The frontcourt looked much better than the guards in my opinion. Good touch from Knox and PJ especially.

In summary, last year's B/W game showed me a team well worthy of national championship contender status. This one seems to have a bit more work to be done.

I have been in the stands for the last three B/W scrimmages. To me, this is the least impressed I have been at this point. Last year, the speed and athleticism on display in the game was amazing. We were scoring in 3 to 4 seconds time and time again. Our guards last year looked like they were going to be special...and they were.

This year, the guards did not look poor, but they certainly didn't remind me of Fox and Monk! The frontcourt looked much better than the guards in my opinion. Good touch from Knox and PJ especially.

In summary, last year's B/W game showed me a team well worthy of national championship contender status. This one seems to have a bit more work to be done.
Ditto.

What would qualify as an overreaction?
The team doesn't look like a contender, at this point or this team is FF bound.

We haven’t played a game yet.

And what does it matter at this point even if we aren’t a contender? With the exception of a few teams Cal has had, do we ever look like a contender beginning of the year?

We’ll be fine when it counts. In March. There’s a reason Vegas has us the 3rd best odds to win a title. Clearly they think we are a contender. Being 4th in the polls clearly they think we are contenders too.

Enjoy the ride. We’ll be good

Playing what was essentially four walk ons killed the usual free flowing style of the game that inflates the point totals.

I think all you can really take from tonight are individual skill sets and maybe some habits.

Looked like Washington is our best (most complete) player while Knox and Hami are more talented.

Richards has tons of promise. Gabriel seems to have found himself again. Our guards are steady and both make good decisions and shoot it well but aren't supremely gifted physically like some of our past studs.

Basically, tonight told us what we already thought we knew. It'll be a fun year of watching these guys grow and seeing where it leads.

If we take some losses but learn some lessons, that'll do this group more good than winning on size and athleticism. I think the tough SEC schedule will benefit us in the long run. Lots of teams built to play us exactly the way we need to in order to grow.

Still think we're a notch below the real contenders, but someone from that group often finds themselves in the thick of it in March. Let's enjoy the ride.

I love Richards potential! As his confidence grows look out. Rebounds out of his area. Fast agile. Quick and aggressive. Looks coachable. Wants to be good.

I love Richards potential! As his confidence grows look out. Rebounds out of his area. Fast agile. Quick and aggressive. Looks coachable. Wants to be good.
If that boy gets comfortable handling the ball..... watch out. Almost a WCS kinda guy but more potential. Great reflexes

So the lineups will probably look like this:

Blue- Green, Diallo, Knox, Washington, Richards
White- Shai, Brad, David, Gabriel, Sacha

Really hope Baker gets cleared to play today.
Sorry, probably on the site somewhere but what is his injury and what caused it? Tia

He's moved his game up a lot in the last year. Can be a very nice frosh and super soph.

6. Use a hairbrush for hair, not assault
7. Keep hoes out of Minardi
8. Beat UK at all costs
9. Remember, the “random” drug screen is on the 15th every other month
10. Don’t judge coach Pitino for his poor taste in skanks;his bilateral exopthalmus makes seeing hard
Late, tired, no more ideas. Original 5 “values” were good

We haven’t played a game yet.

And what does it matter at this point even if we aren’t a contender? With the exception of a few teams Cal has had, do we ever look like a contender beginning of the year?

We’ll be fine when it counts. In March. There’s a reason Vegas has us the 3rd best odds to win a title. Clearly they think we are a contender. Being 4th in the polls clearly they think we are contenders too.

Enjoy the ride. We’ll be good
That was what I was trying to subtly imply...
Almost any reaction NOW is an overreaction.
But you know, the crazies and the overthetopinsanereactions are just a short few weeks away.
This board is going to have a long season...

My takeaways after watching the game.

1. Shai should start at point-kids a stud
2. Brad is our best shooter
3. Jones looks much more polished
4. Knox and his shooting will be a big factor on what we do this year
5. If he returns this year we will need Vanderbilt big time
6. Green looks good but clearly atleast a 2 yr player
7. Richards is raw
8. Washington looks really good
9. We will need baker to be the shooter he can be
10. Gabriel looks much improved
11. It's nice to see jimmys jet flying high again

Overall this team could mirror 2014. It will takes some hits and lose some games they shouldn't, but it's a process. I'm thinking a 5 seed in the tournament.

All that said it's along season and this isn't all subject to change. Plus, it's the blue/white game. If anyone can get these guys together it's cal and I have complete faith he will right the ship.

I thought Knox looked great,Gabriel is much improved,feel good about Green/Shai sharing the point,PJ is promising,Richards looks very raw and I'm very worried about the 5,we really need Vanderbilt back.

Watching it on my dvr now and I know it's not a prime time game or the bright lights aren't shining but the shooting looks good and Baker isn't playing arguably our best shooter. Def like what I'm seeing from Knox. I agree we are gonna take some L's but this team is gonna be a blast to watch by mid-late season esp if JV is back by conference play.

ADVERTISEMENT