ADVERTISEMENT

Blue/White game, what do we expect to see

docholiday51

All-American
Oct 19, 2001
We are what 2,3 days from the blue/white game? there has barely been a peep about the game,or any news leaking out of practice.This is the quietest I have ever seen it this close to the the blue/white game and exhibition games.Surely somebody knows something.Maybe the players are making side bets on the game,offering pizza to a particular player who commits to the white team over the blue or some other deal that is in keeping with the current state of college basketball.

Last edited:
We are what 2,3 days from the blue/white game? there has barley been a peep about the game,or any news leaking out of practice.This is the quietest I have ever seen it this close to the the blue/white game and exhibition games.Surely somebody knows something.Maybe the players are making side bets on the game,offering pizza to a particular player who commits to the white team over the blue or some other deal that is in keeping with the current state of college basketball.

I drink barley tea.... I don't want the job and that's final.

Is it on SEC Network? It doesn't show it as being on there on my DirecTV guide, but it may not be loaded on there yet.

Reactions: gocatsdotuk
I think Cal sticks with the same groupings he has since August:

Blue

G Quickley
G Green
F Johnson
F Washington
F Richards

White

G Hagans
G Baker
G Herro
F Travis
F Montgomery

Should be pretty evenly matched.

If it is like the BBM scrimmage, it won't be very informative. The Bahama's was fantastic to give us a preview of this team and until they start the Exhibition games, unfortunately nothing will be as decent a preview.

Blue

G Quickley
G Green
F Johnson
F Washington
F Richards

White

G Hagans
G Baker
G Herro
F Travis
F Montgomery

I'll take the white team and the points.

If it is like the BBM scrimmage, it won't be very informative. The Bahama's was fantastic to give us a preview of this team and until they start the Exhibition games, unfortunately nothing will be as decent a preview.
It won't be anything like BBM. We'll see some really good 5 on 5 action and I'm looking forward to it.

Full court press and everyone going at the others throat on Defense. Blue /White game is a glorified shoot around typically. Lost its appeal to me years ago. I will still watch cause love the CATS but just not super stoked about the game. I'd rather see an exhibition team personally. I'm sure the team is tired of going after each other. I would rather see a full practice.

What makes you think it will be like the BBM scrimmage? It never has been, has it?

Reactions: STL_Cat
I think the Bahamas trip has dampened the excitement a little. Usually, the BW game is the first chance we get to see the team play competitively (BBM is a joke as others have mentioned), but we've already seen the team play four games this summer.

For me, I'm the most interested in getting a look at Baker and Montgomery on Sun.

40 minutes of ball pounding, heart stopping, high flying, sharp shooting, pulse racing, nail biting, hard rebounding, take-no- prisoners defending, widow making, name taking, heart breaking, fast pasting, mother #$%@&$ of a team.

The ball pounding... That sounded weird, didn't it? Okay... Ball bounc....no....dribble driving? Yeah. Go with that.

Ps. Ass whopping.

I think the Bahamas trip has dampened the excitement a little. Usually, the BW game is the first chance we get to see the team play competitively (BBM is a joke as others have mentioned), but we've already seen the team play four games this summer.

For me, I'm the most interested in getting a look at Baker and Montgomery on Sun.
Agree on the Baker and Montgomery thoughts.It just seems odd to me that the start of the season is nearly at hand but we haven't heard any practice reports and there doesn't seem to be the general excitement that usually surround the start of basketball season.

Reactions: CatOfDaVille
Agree on the Baker and Montgomery thoughts.It just seems odd to me that the start of the season is nearly at hand but we haven't heard any practice reports and there doesn't seem to be the general excitement that usually surround the start of basketball season.

I agree. It is strange...especially for a team that should be ranked #1 to start the season and probably gives us the best chance at a title since 2015. Maybe it's the Bahamas trip, maybe it's the football excitement, maybe it's something else. I'm not sure...

I agree. It is strange...especially for a team that should be ranked #1 to start the season and probably gives us the best chance at a title since 2015. Maybe it's the Bahamas trip, maybe it's the football excitement, maybe it's something else. I'm not sure...
Probably a combination of all those things,but it is still UK and it is still basketball and Cal is still the coach.

I think the college basketball corruption trial has had an effect as well.

Probably a combination of all those things,but it is still UK and it is still basketball and Cal is still the coach.

I think the college basketball corruption trial has had an effect as well.

Again, I think the Bahama's trip gave us the opportunity to watch us play against real opponents. So, no complaints at all about that but then it took away from the mystery that typically exists early with these first few exhibition games. But there were good points made about Mongomery and Baker.

Reactions: docholiday51
We're a football school. Haven't you heard??:sunglasses:

Reactions: docholiday51
I expect to see checkerboards in some form or fashion in two different colors. Just a hunch.

Tell-her-how-you-feel.jpg

Reactions: awf
If they really compete hard, it could be one of the more entertaining blue/white games we've

Blue

G Quickley
G Green
F Johnson
F Washington
F Richards

White

G Hagans
G Baker
G Herro
F Travis
F Montgomery

Only one other year you could have that kind of talent competing 5 on 5 in an intersquad scrimmage.

Pick either 5 & you're better than the 2011-12 squad.

Remember when Ashton said they get put in timeout during practice because things get too heated? I think we're going to see a LOT of defense. I also expect to see some press and zone. Cal has been saying that this group is ahead of the curve, that they've moved beyond the "need to have fun" phase and are able to play real basketball, so I bet we will see what they've been learning. Funny thing is, I think both a press and a zone will be completely useless against this team. This game could be a real glimpse of how hard we're going to be to defend.

Reactions: Smashcat
I expect to see PP (Practice Pain)

7D6L.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Team against team work...
ezgif-com-add-text.gif

All the other jealous fans of other teams trolling but that's okay...
tumblr_mhcrq2eLzD1rlyqrdo1_500.gif

Repetition that breeds expertise...
giphy.gif

And the UK fan base telling every other fan base, team, and person in the world....
2.gif

And...

Eccentric-Pull-Up.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT