ADVERTISEMENT

Blue Smith

Then why not give his ticket to a kid that wants to be a Wildcat? If you ain't with us, you're against us!!:mad:
Hell, if a visit for a huge game gives us a 0.0001% chance to flip him, I'd be willing to pay for the ticket. Not over till the fax machine hums on signing day.

Hell, if a visit for a huge game gives us a 0.0001% chance to flip him, I'd be willing to pay for the ticket. Not over till the fax machine hums on signing day.

Even for a kid that says he's "110% committed to the Buckeyes"?

I'd say he's probably just coming because of the big game but what does it hurt? Nothing. If he is gonna visit for one game, then I'd rather it be this game.

Could hurt if he's in our recruits' ears about other schools.

I trust the coaches, though.

If he's 110% OSU...I'd rather his 'visit' be in a couple years with the rest of his OSU buds...as in the visiting team.

Here's the difference in perspective. If jarren Williams visits somebody everyone freaks out and says, how can he be 100% committed if he's visiting somewhere else. Yet now we have a highly rated guy that might visit here and people say "what's the point of he's 110% committed to Ohio state"? Well, I say embrace it. Maybe he'll change his mind. Maybe not, but it's worth a shot.

You always want kids like him to visit if he wants to. What if he has a falling out with OSU?

I think it is silly to lock him out for any reason. Now, let him in and discover he's talking up another program as thanks for our hospitality, and you have to send him and his party packing.

who knows, after penn st. gets done with urban lier, he may have medical needs to take some time off again. Things change all the time.

If Blue tries to make it to the UK/Florida game like he tried in his game on ESPN, he won't make it down.

I love what Eddie Gran is doing, but I have no idea how you sell a guy like Smith on playing in this offense.

Anyway, isn't Urban Meyer's famous policy "if you're looking, I'm looking"? The kid could be taking a risk here.

Absolutely, it's football recruiting. Nothing is worth jack and or shite until NSD. Pretty sure I remember a QB recruit walking around in a safety vest and a hard hat and talking about how much he loved UK...where did he end up? You don't give up until the LOI is signed and received.

ADVERTISEMENT