ADVERTISEMENT

Blue Smith

seccats04

All-American
Dec 6, 2004
tumblr_inline_nqacrlgq3R1qmoior_500.gif.261ec53813a30812a589146b22176fb6.gif

We have to get this kid to UK. He's rated even higher than Bowden! Plus you have to love his nickname, BLUE [cheers]

Just watched his hudl.... deer lowered! He looks a little like bowden but more physical. Absolutely kills people on blocks down field. He'd play both ways but he could be long time pro at safety. Hard to call though cause he looks good doing everything.

Reactions: wyldecat
Just watched his hudl.... deer lowered! He looks a little like bowden but more physical. Absolutely kills people on blocks down field. He'd play both ways but he could be long time pro at safety. Hard to call though cause he looks good doing everything.
He's 6"5 not much comparison to Bowden. I see Mike Evans. Kid could be a hell of a tight end. Part of the staffs pitch is we will play him at wr.

He's 6"5 not much comparison to Bowden. I see Mike Evans. Kid could be a hell of a tight end. Part of the staffs pitch is we will play him at wr.
He doesn't look fast but out runs people and he could play several spots both sides of the ball. Shouldn't have said looked like... he's the kind of guy you just get on campus and find a way to get him on the field.

I agree, it's hard to decide which side of the ball he should play. You always want the best athletes to have the ball in their hands.. even though they're good at reciever, they could be a shutdown DB on defense.

As a FR he could start at about 4 different positions on the field for 90% of the teams in the country. He is that good, IMO.

Would be CMS best recruit, I think. Sorry Landon Young. I still think you're a beast!

OSU site Eleven Warriors has taken note of UK 2 sport offer and initiated the Bucks' propaganda campaign... "very difficult to play both sports" blah, blah, blah.

Nothing wrong with new shiny pennies. Would take all I could carry.
I definitely agree with that. LOL! But the strength of our program has been developing all the pennies as they get into their junior and senior seasons. Sometimes we place way too many expectations on new signings, instead of recognizing everything that goes into player development over the course of a career. The most exciting thing going on in Stoops' program now is development and maturations of players signed in 2014-15.

Reactions: Taiza and FHCat81
I definitely agree with that. LOL! But the strength of our program has been developing all the pennies as they get into their junior and senior seasons. Sometimes we place way too many expectations on new signings, instead of recognizing everything that goes into player development over the course of a career. The most exciting thing going on in Stoops' program now is development and maturations of players signed in 2014-15.
Regardless, new & shiny is always exciting and nothing to sneer at. I say let people enjoy their pleasures.

If he comes here, what would our crowd say or chant to celebrate a big play???

Maybe, "Go Blue," or "Go Big Blue," or simply "Bluuuuuuuuee." That wouldn't be too tough for a Kentucky crowd. Bet that wouldn't happen at OSU.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about you all stop your whining? "You were mean to me first." "Nuh uhh, you were a meanie first." Knock it off and grow some thicker skin.

This thread is supposed to be about L'Christian Smith, get back on track. I hope we get this stud.

Reading the comments brings it home once again. No fan base in all of college football is more ignorant and arrogant than Buckeye Nation. There is a reason I root like hell for anyone playing them.

You know they feel threatened when this stuff starts.

How about you all stop your whining? "You were mean to me first." "Nuh uhh, you were a meanie first." Knock it off and grow some thicker skin.

This thread is supposed to be about L'Christian Smith, get back on track. I hope we get this stud.

I deleted the posts you are referring to..... but agree with this. ;-)

This kind of athlete all the elite teams have - DAMN he is a beast - be huge to get him - come on BBN lets do our part on twitter - Love this kid- Lets keep it rolling - OHIO and Florida we are gonna get some studs - I love it

Kids long as hell hopefully we can have some success with Ross and Holtzclaw to sale him.

Per KSR, we are getting a huge commit within 45 minutes. Is it Blue??

If he comes here, what would our crowd say or chant to celebrate a big play???

Maybe, "Go Blue," or "Go Big Blue," or simply "Bluuuuuuuuee." That wouldn't be too tough for a Kentucky crowd. Bet that wouldn't happen at OSU.
We cold all yell, "BLUE YOUR MY BOY"!!!

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
Hmmmm.

Just went back and watched the hudl films. The QB, No. 1, who was tossing the ball really well to Blue Smith (when Blue was a Soph) was Messiah deWeaver, a QB we were after for the '16 class, but who ended up at Michigan State, committing in April of '15 for the February of '16 class.

Funny how things work out.

Michigan State fell off the table in '16, and ended up, what, 4-8??

Anyhow, I watched some Blue Smith basketball videos on youtube, and he looks like a star, there, too. Reminded me a lot of a tough Keith Bogans style driver to the basket.

Love to have him in a two sport capacity!!

If Ohio State commentators and fans think it is tough to compete in two major sports, they have a pretty short drive to Lexington to watch Blue Smith do it. Hell, they can catch a Keeneland racetrack bound bus for basketball in March, and one for several football games in the Fall.

I mean, seriously, did you all ever notice the number of Buckeyes that ride those big arse buses to Keeneland. I checked the plates once on like 20 buses, and they were from all over Ohio.

If Ohio State commentators and fans think it is tough to compete in two major sports, they have a pretty short drive to Lexington to watch Blue Smith do it. Hell, they can catch a Keeneland racetrack bound bus for basketball in March,
I'd like to see how many races they'd catch in March. On big screen I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT