ADVERTISEMENT

Black Stone Cherry

Beavis-Butt-head.jpg

Awesome band and awesome dudes! Local boys from Edmonton-Glasgow, KY area. New album will be released April 20, but already got my hands on a copy at an early release promo in Glasgow this past weekend. One of the best live acts I've ever seen! John Fred Young (drummer) is worth the price of admission!

Reactions: 420grover
Heard them when they played with Lynard Skynard in Corbin. Great band.

All the guys are extremely talented musicians! Literally watched them go from being a small town band playing at all the local dives to playing at sold out Wembley StadIium a few years later! They are HUGE in England and this is the year they are supposed to play their biannual benefit concert at the Plaza Theater in their hometown of Glasgow, KY... I'll be there front-and-center if so!

Reactions: 420grover
Awesome band and awesome dudes! Local boys from Edmonton-Glasgow, KY area. New album will be released April 20, but already got my hands on a copy at an early release promo in Glasgow this past weekend. One of the best live acts I've ever seen! John Fred Young (drummer) is worth the price of admission!
Me too.

I bought the self titled debut when it came out in 06, but they kinda went the radio rock route with the album with White Trash Millionaire on it, and it's not really my thing. They are really good musicians and put on a fun show. I may not be the biggest fan, but am happy some Kentucky boys found national success.

(Full disclosure, I'm a metal guy, so take my opinion with a grain of salt because most people aren't into the shit I like. )

ADVERTISEMENT