ADVERTISEMENT

Billy Preston's mom: "I don't care what they say to you.. YOU DON'T KNOW"

giphy.gif

Bill Self ain't in Kansas anymore. Outlook: negative.

It's a parallel universe....... We live on the outside parallel....... Duke, UNC, and KU live on the line that goes straight to NCAA HQ Indianapolis....

Reactions: sefleming
Kansas is going to get punished. I don’t think they skate.
I used to think that until I watched Lance Thomas receive 100 grand in jewelry and UNCheat give Julius Peppers fake grades. The rules and penalties change with the wind at NCAA headquarters, and it's always down wind for favored programs. I will believe it when I see it. Until then, I trust in the power of money and corruption.

From the link: :popcorn:

"On Nov. 13, 2017, Preston texted his mother and told her, "The NCAA dude just came to my floor. ... He said something about my car and how it's bought in [Florida] and all that."

She replied: "Tell him you don't know where it was bought. ... Your mom and nana handled that."

"You don't know," she continued. "[I don't care] what they say to you ... YOU DON'T KNOW."

After Preston replied, "GOT YOU," she wrote: "If they ask you about a person say, "I don't know ... I would have to see their face."

Preston did not play in a game for the Jayhawks this past season and turned pro because of eligibility concerns."

A whole different story than the one she was telling the media while the NCAA was investigating her son after he was in a car accident.

During the trial I believe it came out that BP's mom had a "partner", but lied about having an intimate relationship with one of the Adidas men involved in the trial in order to collect money. Wasn't it also discovered that the Charger that Billy Preston was driving was registered to his deceased grandmother from Florida?

BP played in exhibition games, and sat on the bench for more than half the season supposedly waiting to be deemed eligible. KU and BP's mom KNEW Lil' Billy was dirty when the NCAA started asking questions. Lying and evading the NCAA during an investigation is a GIANT "NO NO!"

I think if the NCAA decided to add just a dash of DeSousa into all that mix, then I think KU is toast. :popcorn:

Reactions: Ugoff
Self will skate, the NCAA castrated itself with UNC. Slap on the wrist and new harshly worded warning and rules going forward.
I think you hit on something here. I can see the NCAA issue a statement "there were mistakes made, we are going to address the mistakes, correct the mistakes and try do better in the future".

Play ball.

LMAO unbelievable. Deny, deny deny. Lie, lie, lie. The KU way.

"On Nov. 13, 2017, Preston texted his mother and told her, "The NCAA dude just came to my floor. ... He said something about my car and how it's bought in [Florida] and all that."

She replied: "Tell him you don't know where it was bought. ... Your mom and nana handled that."

"You don't know," she continued. "[I don't care] what they say to you ... YOU DON'T KNOW."

After Preston replied, "GOT YOU," she wrote: "If they ask you about a person say, "I don't know ... I would have to see their face."

Reactions: gocatsdotuk
The trouble here is that it's MUCH tougher to connect the dots to Self and his staff. It's all too easy to claim that rogue boosters or Adidas reps did all this without the school knowing. The NCAA has microscopic balls and no teeth. Everyone should cheat and deny deny deny.

I think Kansas will follow the lead that UNC set and lie and fight the NCAA. I agree with the posters that believe that Kansas will skate on this. They have gotten by in the past with players that had huge question marks on them. We live in a world today that reward those who do wrong.

Self will skate, the NCAA castrated itself with UNC. Slap on the wrist and new harshly worded warning and rules going forward.
If there was actually one act of defenestration (word!), it was the Penn State mess. Really, it's not just one thing that caused the NCAA to lose clout and standing, it's just a combination of i) the culture is moving away from -- even ridiculing the idea of -- concepts of amateurism and ii) the NCAA itself has proved to be feckless and corrupt.

Having said that, I think because of the place it finds itself, the NCAA will want to make a statement - will want to take some act when all these trials are done to show everyone that it still matters and still has some power. I don't think they hit everyone that is mentioned in the course of these trials, but a handful are going to get smacked, and hard. Louisville and KU are the two main candidates, seems to me. And for all the handwringing about "they'll get off, and if it was us we'd get the death penalty!" -- one, KU has more major violations than anyone, IIRC, so the NCAA hasn't exactly gone out of its way to protect that program historically, and two, it's funny, but many programs think we, as a blue blood, are protected that way!

This doesn’t just apply to basketball, look at the corruption that has occurred in Columbus with “The” Ohio State. Urban has been dirty for years and there is proof and they never get more than a slap on the wrist. They are media darlings and way too much money changing hands for the NCAA to do squat. Urban could take a dump on the NCAA doorstep, claim ignorance and come out looking like the victim. Same applies for Self, K, Ol Roy, and others.

The ncaa is sealing it'a own fate by not enforcing the rules in a fair and transparent manner.
Super conferences are getting closer to reality because the ncaa could not do it's job fairly and with transparency.

Agreed the ncaa is waiting for a school they don’t shelter to commit a moderate violation to show how they’re tough on cheating. If UK barely stepped out of bounds they would go full enforcement, they’d go over enforcement. Given what we know now I would be ashamed if UK didn’t lawyer up and make it a bloodbath.

We wouldn’t because the president and A.D. would think that showing off integrity is the correct approach. I would literally completely stop following college sports at that moment.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito

You do know that the NCAA slapped the crap out of UofLOL and took away their championship and an entire season of wins, AFTER they let UNC skate, don't you? They threw a Hall of Fame coach under the bus for less than what Kansas appears to have done here over several years. I don't know why people think KU is just gonna skate. This is apples : oranges with what UNC did. Much closer to what UofLOL did, and actually worse as they now have Bill Self dead to rights being personally aware of Adidas paying recruits large sums of money. I see seasons and Final Fours vacated, and a possible Show Cause order on Bill Self at the end of this.

This isn't just about pro agents paying recruits under the table to get them signed later on when they turn pro either. It's about paying recruits to sign with a specific Adidas-sponsored university, and the coach of that university knowing all about it and willingly taking those recruits with full knowledge that they received illegal benefits.

At first i didn’t think anything would come of this but I’m starting to think Kansas will go down. There’s a TON of concrete evidence here and as corrupt as UNC was, fake classes that were technically open to other students is very ambiguous as far as the ncaa rules are concerned. However cash & cars are as straightforward cheating as it comes.

The only problems with all of this are...
1) Preston was not cited for his wreck
2) KU investigated internally then self-reported
3) Preston never played a game
4) All the witnesses testified under oath that KU coaches knew nothing (in spite of their whole defense that some coaches were complicit)
5) So why would Self knowingly play DeSousa if he actually knew there were payments... at the same time holding Preston out, investigating, and self-reporting a matter that would have never gotten out otherwise? The only answer is that Self didn't know.
6) The alleged $2,500 payment to DeSousa's guardian can be paid back and forgotten, as the NCAA has allowed many times in the past.
7) Unfortunately, the texts are too vague and could easily be explained away.
8) Unless there is something else that comes to light... Kansas skates. Kansas has certainly had more than their share of off the court issues since Self took over, and they have gotten unfair breaks from the NCAA already... they may be crooked, but objectively looking at the facts made public so far... there isn't anything the NCAA can do.

4) All the witnesses testified under oath that KU coaches knew nothing (in spite of their whole defense that some coaches were complicit)
5) So why would Self knowingly play DeSousa if he actually knew there were payments... at the same time holding Preston out, investigating, and self-reporting a matter that would have never gotten out otherwise? The only answer is that Self didn't know.
6) The alleged $2,500 payment to DeSousa's guardian can be paid back and forgotten, as the NCAA has allowed many times in the past.
8) Unless there is something else that comes to light... Kansas skates. Kansas has certainly had more than their share of off the court issues since Self took over, and they have gotten unfair breaks from the NCAA already... they may be crooked, but objectively looking at the facts made public so far... there isn't anything the NCAA can do.
The NCAA could do plenty but they probably won't.The UNC scandal proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt

If it was UK instead of KU in this situation you would see what the NCAA"could" do,of that you can be sure.

You do know that the NCAA slapped the crap out of UofLOL and took away their championship and an entire season of wins, AFTER they let UNC skate, don't you? They threw a Hall of Fame coach under the bus for less than what Kansas appears to have done here over several years. I don't know why people think KU is just gonna skate. This is apples : oranges with what UNC did. Much closer to what UofLOL did, and actually worse as they now have Bill Self dead to rights being personally aware of Adidas paying recruits large sums of money. I see seasons and Final Fours vacated, and a possible Show Cause order on Bill Self at the end of this.

This isn't just about pro agents paying recruits under the table to get them signed later on when they turn pro either. It's about paying recruits to sign with a specific Adidas-sponsored university, and the coach of that university knowing all about it and willingly taking those recruits with full knowledge that they received illegal benefits.

You folks should really listen to this woman. She knows what she's talking about. And Youkay, you should check out KSR [the original one, not Jones' site]. Lots of folks from the old days over there.

Reactions: Cindog28

I wont get into it dont have the time. This isn't correct. And Bill Self knowing or not knowing doesn't matter. Ineligible is ineligible. Claiming ignorance is not an excuse the NCAA has made that clear to everyone except Duke.

ADVERTISEMENT