ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Walton.

Loved big Bill today. He constantly brought up the hosing that Texas was undertaking from the refs and took a couple of shots at old Roy and how the Holes always get preferential treatment anytime they play in the state of NC.

More Waltonisms yesterday:

AMIN: And he loves badminton. Do you ever play?

WALTON: No, I don’t hit that little birdie thing. In fact I don’t hit any birds. I love birds, have I mentioned that?

AMIN: No.

WALTON: Did you know there are 91 different species of birds in the United States?

AMIN: There are?

WALTON: At least.

One thing I do like about him is he'll give it to the refs when the they deserve it. He ain't skeered to do that!

Only if the call goes against his PAC-12 boy-toys or a non-premier program.

Which in his defense, just happened to be what mostly happened this week anyways.

- Anyhow -

You wouldn’t know Walton knew anything whatsoever about the game of basketball by his “analysis”.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
I enjoy Barstool Radio on XM. But I wouldn’t want it on when watching a game and wanting to know who this player is or that one. He ramblings make play by play impossible.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Does anyone else get tired of his continued babbling? Just call the basketball game please!!!!

no. He is a weird dude but he has passion for what is does. I met himfive years ago at a meeting. He was very kind and fun to talk to. Very intelligent. Fun guy.

Exactly, I don't need a guy that can tell me what I'm watching, I can see that shit. Bill has a master's degree in basketball, when he comments on the game it means something.

I think he's a genius and incredibly entertaining to listen to.

Entertaining yes but let’s calm down on genius when he’s smoked an ounce before every telecast

Reactions: natchezrule
Only if the call goes against his PAC-12 boy-toys or a non-premier program.

Which in his defense, just happened to be what mostly happened this week anyways.

- Anyhow -

You wouldn’t know Walton knew anything whatsoever about the game of basketball by his “analysis”.
Probably the best center that college basketball has ever seen. I am sure he knows a lot more about the game than anyone on this board, including you sir.

There's a difference between entertainment and mindless babbling. I actually feel like I'm growing less intelligent while listening to him. If you like him, to each their own. I think he's just a burnt-out babbling buffoon.

Then don’t watch it or turn the sound off. It’s pretty simple but so hard for some.

How dare someone make a comment about a topic on a message board .. if you dont like dissent this is the wrong place for you . maybe you should never log on here ? So hard for some.

big-bong-zpsskiptqzw.jpg

Last nite UA/ASU:

Walton: “One of the top strength coaches in basketball, he’s worked wonders at ASU. Did you realize ASU spelled backwards is USA?

Co-host: I did not.

Walton: “You can look it up.”

Walton is a living treasure but people here and elsewhere are too concerned he's not perfect as a basketball mind and also a thespian in the booth.

He Was saying on live TV recently that player should not go to Kentucky. They should go and play out west for UCLA. Dogging our program.

Exactly, I don't need a guy that can tell me what I'm watching, I can see that shit. Bill has a master's degree in basketball, when he comments on the game it means something.

I think he's a genius and incredibly entertaining to listen to.
And doesn't care what we think. He doesn't need to.:)

He is a washed up pot head vegetarian who fits right in on the west coast, yea he is funny but borderline idiot. I thought he was one of the best big men to ever play the game with his passing and footwork and nobody could handle him when he played. He's to much California for me to even listen to now.

Reactions: Blueworld_3.0
Walton's act (if it even is one) became tiresome and old about 6-7 years ago. He literally makes any game he calls unwatchable. The mute button is the only way.
If I want to listen to a burned out old hippie tree-hugger babble incessently, I'll turn on CNN.

ADVERTISEMENT