ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Walton.

I love listening to Walton. He has more fun doing a game than any other announcer. I assure you he knows 1000 times more about the game than any of you that are bitching about him.

Exactly, I don't need a guy that can tell me what I'm watching, I can see that shit. Bill has a master's degree in basketball, when he comments on the game it means something.

I think he's a genius and incredibly entertaining to listen to.

Yea, let's hear "Toppin" has a older brother " 500 times, or
Jay Bias slobber over Duke all game, or
Thats a good no call on a obvious charge, or
Did you know he played volleyball in high school

Some people must be miserable 24. 7

He's kind of like Vitale, as I can only take so much of him... I think he has fried his brain, on something... But he does know a lot about the game, and like Vitale seems to love the game. I know when he called a UK game a year or so ago, I was surprised by not only how much he knew about UK, but Lexington and Central KY....

I find most "color guys" get on your nerves after a while.... I usually just mute the volume in the 2nd half. Wish I could listen to the radio and watch TV, but hard to get things in sync these days...

I don't care what any announcer says. Anyone that is married should know how to tune a person out but still catch the important stuff. If you're nit married and plan to someday then you should start learning the craft now.
I’m pretty good at that in my opinion. The problem is that we don’t always agree about what the important stuff is. 😎

Every year there is this same post theme how "I don't like Vitale, Dykes, Bilas., Macy, Walton, blah blah blah." then at least one response will be how the person turns off the sound.

As long as they are calling and focused on the game I am fine no matter which one of those announcers is doing it. I get frustrated when they are talking about totally unrelated things and the camera is on them while the action is going on. Walton, Vitale can be funny, great, insightful, etc. It is fine to have filler as well. Many here don't like Dakich but he really for me does a great job of analysis of the on court action and even being open enough to share player mistakes. You rarely see Vitale point out that Zion Williamson could make a mistake or bonehead play. Bilas at least will do that on occasion, so I would put him right behind Dakich for game analysis.

Love Walton. The other day with Amin:

Walton: You ever been to Austria or Serbia?

Amin: no. Do you ask that of everyone?

Walton: just you. Why haven’t you been?

Amin: well travel is a bit hard under Covid.

Walton: are you 10 months old?

How can you not love that exchange?

Reactions: 420grover
He used to be entertaining and funny. But now there isn't even any analysis, it's all nonsense.

The other day he said something about a player from Texas playing the best that he had ever seen him play. It was 2 1/2 minutes into the kids first ever game.

He's a clown and his schtick is annoying now.

Love Walton. Hes a great change of pace.

If someone doesnt like Walton from time to time they take life way to seriously;).

Enjoy it. Laugh at it.. He just wants to have fun.

He used to be entertaining and funny. But now there isn't even any analysis, it's all nonsense.

The other day he said something about a player from Texas playing the best that he had ever seen him play. It was 2 1/2 minutes into the kids first ever game.

He's a clown and his schtick is annoying now.

Walton watches a ton of AAU hoops in the summer. He also watches some HS games during the season. He mentions that all the time. So I’m sure he’s seen that kid play several times.

Walton is great. You never know WTF he is going to say because it isn’t a schtick. It’s 100% genuine. Give me Walton over Dicky V or Bilas or Sykes any day.

Love him. I do think you need to pair him with someone who knows the game well and is very professional.

Like pairing Ian Eagle with Gus Johnson, needs to be balanced.

Love him. I do think you need to pair him with someone who knows the game well and is very professional.

Like pairing Ian Eagle with Gus Johnson, needs to be balanced.

Gus is #1. I don’t know if his style fits with laid back Bill tho. I like the guys ESPN pairs with Bill, the serious types.

Gus is #1. I don’t know if his style fits with laid back Bill tho. I like the guys ESPN pairs with Bill, the serious types.

You can't pair Gus and Bill, though. You need someone to ground them. Not that Gus isn't grounded, but he's your "voice". Same as Dickie V. Gus and Bill together.. it would just be Wu-Tang references and Gus yelling. There'd be no legit game coverage lol.

You have to pair a personality with an actual "anchor" type. IMO.

Reactions: Kaizer Sosay
You can't pair Gus and Bill, though. You need someone to ground them. Not that Gus isn't grounded, but he's your "voice". Same as Dickie V. Gus and Bill together.. it would just be Wu-Tang references and Gus yelling. There'd be no legit game coverage lol.

You have to pair a personality with an actual "anchor" type. IMO.

My bad. I completely misread your first post.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
ADVERTISEMENT