ADVERTISEMENT

Bill $elf

Maybe De Sousa never directly took money. Neither did Brian Bowen, and you see how that defense helped him. It DOES NOT matter who took the money, the FBI could care less, it is that fact money was paid is the key.

It also doesn't matter to the NCAA. They changed the rule after Cam Newton that if the family of a recruit takes money, it makes the recruit ineligible even if they don't personally take money themselves. I assume a guardian is classified as family.

Additionally, nothing needs to be proven. The NCAA has a rule that testimony in court counts as sufficient proof.

KU is screwed.

Are you really this stupid or are you acting? Or maybe denial? I hope so.

It DOESNT MATTER of you can prove or can’t prove if he DIRECTLY took the cash. It’s not done in the open, rules are in place as to not allow the defense of ignorance. Of course Self knew, he’s your head basketball coach. They know EVERYTHING.

I have no doubts Kansas is going to fight this but let me fill you in on something.

Unc and Duke have made a mockery of the ncaa and broken countless rules only to be allowed free. That’s not good for you, or Louisville. Someone will take the fall so the ncaa can show some strength. Self is a friend of the establishment, but not to the level of K and Roy. You are a perfect program to set an example.

Just get ready. Because you are about to forfeit a final four and 20 wins minimum. Self’s resume just got worse.

And they might as well not show up for the Kentucky game. No Sousa, Coach and program in trouble.

Might be Kentucky's easiest win of the season..

It also doesn't matter to the NCAA. They changed the rule after Cam Newton that if the family of a recruit takes money, it makes the recruit ineligible even if they don't personally take money themselves. I assume a guardian is classified as family.

Additionally, nothing needs to be proven. The NCAA has a rule that testimony in court counts as sufficient proof.

KU is screwed.

Lol no.

Actually read the testimony. Nothing will happen to Kansas. Keep dreaming.

Lol no.

Actually read the testimony. Nothing will happen to Kansas. Keep dreaming.
Really you’ve played an ineligible player you’ll at least lose games from last year and couple banners and you won’t have him this year either.

Man...Soap Opera day when I am busy as heck at work!

Don't have time to argue back and forth...I will cut an paste this tweet from Dan Wetzel
Dan Wetzel

✔@DanWetzel

Gassnola was adamant no one on Kansas coaching staff knew about payments although he regular talk recruits with Bill Self and staff

11:50 AM - Oct 11, 2018

dan wetzel doesnt believe it obviously.... because that tweet was sarcasm 101.

Gassnola is a witness for the prosecution that in order to prosecute gatto and others... needs to show they defrauded the schools ...... so he's been coached to meet those ends.

It will be the defense and its witnesses that have already insinuated the schools know whats going on.... and its those people on the stand that something will come out that can hurt the schools because for the defense to win, it needs to show that school's are willing participants.

Gassnola is a witness for the prosecution that in order to prosecute gatto and others... needs to show they defrauded the schools ...... so he's been coached to meet those ends.

It will be the defense and its witnesses that have already insinuated the schools know whats going on.... and its those people on the stand that something will come out that can hurt the schools because for the defense to win, it needs to show that school's are willing participants.
If this is the best the prosecution has then they are in trouble usually prosecutors open with a strong witness and try to close with one and hide all the other stuff somewhere in the middle(hoping the jury remembers what they heard first and last.

KU,Miami ,Arizona,UL and probably one or two others would seem to be clear targets for the defense and are likely to be hammered on pretty good. It could well be in that order but I'm not sure where UL would fit in

They could go after money amounts or numbers of players involved or something else all together. I believe the defense has plenty of ammo to spend.

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL

So...The bag man is given immunity...Opens wide up and Tells all about to call out Creighton/Ok State/NC State/Arizona+ Dayton/Louisville/etc....

But he decides to lie about Self/Townsend??????

The guy is a street rat that has been given a golden ticket....I dont care how he is coached, Why the heck would he lie under oath?

So...The bag man is given immunity...Opens wide up and Tells all about to call out Creighton/Ok State/NC State/Arizona+ Dayton/Louisville/etc....

The guy is a street rat that has been given a golden ticket....I dont care how he is coached, Why the heck would he lie under oath?

in case you didnt realize... this man has said that none of the coaches knew and is throwing only players under the bus... He said UL coaches didnt know.. he never claimed Arizona coaches knew... etc... he's doing what the prosecution wants.... painting a picture that the schools and coaches are innocent and that guys like Gatto need to be prosecuted and behind bars for victimizing others.

One more time for the KU fans here. Gatto and other defendants are going to have to show that KU, UL, and others knew what's been going on .... because even though thats one of the 2 ways of winning the case... their other hope is that the judge rules that the FBI is misreading the law and dismisses the case.... so in the meantime the defendants will throw coaches and schools under the bus.

3b5d7dd6cfe5eebfc6b332df21bb9c4ea450344f529eddca647c05eb8cc6a771.jpg

"What money?" - Bill Self

in case you didnt realize... this man has said that none of the coaches knew and is throwing only players under the bus... He said UL coaches didnt know.. he never claimed Arizona coaches knew... etc... he's doing what the prosecution wants.... painting a picture that the schools and coaches are innocent and that guys like Gatto need to be prosecuted and behind bars for victimizing others.

So I'm imagining the following:

Prosecution: "We're going to give you immunity...tell everything in exchange for immunity and no poke me in the arse jail time for you"

Gassnola: "You got it man...anything to stay out of poke me in the arse"

Prosecution: "Oh but one thing...We want you to lie about Bill Self and or Any other coach...be adamant about it...lie through your teeth and say they did not have any knowledge...okay?"

NFW dude....

I actually believe Gassnola. The fbi wants to prove that the the schools didn’t know. The prosecution isn’t going to put someone on the stand that thinks the coaches knew.

It’ll be up to the defense to prove the schools did know.

also saw several derogatory comments that Bill self was talking to Gassnola....when he was an AAU coach....just like several other coaches talked to Gassnola.
gassnolajpg-a51d61ab9988bcca.jpg

Did Gassnola while in the AAU ever tell Cal that he'd help us get a recruit? nope.

Also....... What's your pic supposed to show? that Cal talks with other coaches?
We wouldn't know answer to that question unless Nike gets in the cross hairs....

Gassnola is in the pic with Cal.

I’d like to know how Gassnola tells Self he can help with recruiting and Self doesn’t say how or what do you mean help? As a college head coach Self had to be keenly aware of recruiting violations and somebody tells you they are there to help but you don’t aske them to elaborate? That’s awesomely absurd to believe Self remained ignorant, if he did it was intentional which means he knew to purposely not know details.

Plausible deniability doesn’t mean anything in this instance, we all know Self knew. Of course him and Gassnola put on appearances and had what they thought were safeties in place to shield Self. No way Self wouldn’t protect his program and just smile, say thanks and walk away when Gassnola made the comment. Only a touching moron would think that honestly happened and that Self was taken advantage of.

I’d like to know how Gassnola tells Self he can help with recruiting and Self doesn’t say how or what do you mean help? As a college head coach Self had to be keenly aware of recruiting violations and somebody tells you they are there to help but you don’t aske them to elaborate? That’s awesome absurd to believe Self remained ignorant, if he did it was intentional which means he knew to purposely not know details.

Plausible deniability doesn’t mean anything in this instance, we all know Self knew. Of course him and Gassnola put on appearances and had what they thought were safeties in place to shield Self. No way Self wouldn’t protect his program and just smile, say thanks and walk away when Gassnola made the comment. Only a touching moron would think that honestly happened and that Self was taken advantage of.

Hey bud I'd like to help with your wife. You gonna ask how or just let things happen? of course Self knew what help meant ... common sense after someone saying they'd help... you ask why and how

Except Self didn't know. The NCAA didn't know. They cleared De Sousa. Should the NCAA penalize itself?
You are dreaming.
Except Self didn't know. The NCAA didn't know. They cleared De Sousa. Should the NCAA penalize itself?[/Q

De Sousa's guardian accepted money. Kansas will have to forfeit games he played in and he will not play this year. Accept it.

More reality, when they found out, they sat him out
Purchasing players is a violation, he was bought and went to the school he was paid to attend. Play or not you can’t buy players no matter how sneaky you try to hide it, shame on Kansas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT