ADVERTISEMENT

Bill $elf

rock_choke_payoff.jpg

What was in front of my face? I posted the proper interpretation of your quote based on English grammar rules and sentence structure. While no guardian is in any quotes I've read, the initial allegation was the guardian took money to steer De Sousa to Maryland and then KU. That is where my inference is coming from, since De Sousa himself, has never been mentioned by the FBI as having directly taken money. Just as Self and KU have never been mentioned by the FBI as having any involvement in the alleged investigation.

De Sousa is toast and Kansass forfeits games he played in, including the FF. And your all time favorite B12 championship. Write it down and welcome to UNcheat level.

The rug doctor sure knows how to spin:

Self said: “No I don’t have any response. I can’t talk about that. I’m not meaning to be opaque about this at all. I just feel like … our stance is still the same. We’ll comment when the time is appropriate. The appropriate time is when this is done and that’ll certainly be the case. I’m not going to make comments day to day on what has been said because we’ll know obviously in the next couple weeks what actually this is all about

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article219816885.html

An attorney for a former Adidas executive on Tuesday admitted that her client paid $20,000 to get Silvio De Sousa to attend the University of Kansas to play basketball.

Casey Donnelly, an attorney for former Adidas executive Jim Gatto, made the admission Tuesday during a trial in New York City aiming to tackle corruption in college basketball, according to a report from Yahoo Sports.

Gatto, Adidas consultant Merl Code and aspiring basketball agent Christian Dawkins are facing conspiracy and fraud charges.

Last time I checked, 20K is twice as much as 10K. Now why would Adidas just double what they were giving him? Because they wanted to?

@Nooneputsbabyinacorner

Here it is. Double. Explain why he gets a higher amount to go to KU without KU knowing. Self knew Preston wouldn’t be cleared and needed a big man right away. In comes KU’s offer and this kid commits.

Same reason they pay about four times more than KU market worth just to sponsor them

What was in front of my face? I posted the proper interpretation of your quote based on English grammar rules and sentence structure. While no guardian is in any quotes I've read, the initial allegation was the guardian took money to steer De Sousa to Maryland and then KU. That is where my inference is coming from, since De Sousa himself, has never been mentioned by the FBI as having directly taken money. Just as Self and KU have never been mentioned by the FBI as having any involvement in the alleged investigation.
How ya been, Zipp?

Well if cornercuck is right, then every person who was ruled ineligible after the fact is clear I guess.

That’s just about everyone program in history that’s been hit with penalties including every Louisville recruit who was cleared and later ruled ineligible.

Cornercuck can’t be that stupid to throw that out there.

Wow. I’m just realizing. Kansas fans really have no clue how dirty their program is. That’s amazing.

Are you really this stupid or are you acting? Or maybe denial? I hope so.

It DOESNT MATTER of you can prove or can’t prove if he DIRECTLY took the cash. It’s not done in the open, rules are in place as to not allow the defense of ignorance. Of course Self knew, he’s your head basketball coach. They know EVERYTHING.

I have no doubts Kansas is going to fight this but let me fill you in on something.

Unc and Duke have made a mockery of the ncaa and broken countless rules only to be allowed free. That’s not good for you, or Louisville. Someone will take the fall so the ncaa can show some strength. Self is a friend of the establishment, but not to the level of K and Roy. You are a perfect program to set an example.

Just get ready. Because you are about to forfeit a final four and 20 wins minimum. Self’s resume just got worse.

Are you really this stupid or are you acting? Or maybe denial? I hope so.

It DOESNT MATTER of you can prove or can’t prove if he DIRECTLY took the cash. It’s not done in the open, rules are in place as to not allow the defense of ignorance. Of course Self knew, he’s your head basketball coach. They know EVERYTHING.

I have no doubts Kansas is going to fight this but let me fill you in on something.

Unc and Duke have made a mockery of the ncaa and broken countless rules only to be allowed free. That’s not good for you, or Louisville. Someone will take the fall so the ncaa can show some strength. Self is a friend of the establishment, but not to the level of K and Roy. You are a perfect program to set an example.

Just get ready. Because you are about to forfeit a final four and 20 wins minimum. Self’s resume just got worse.

I respect your opinion. I simply disagree.

Reactions: OMGHAWK
When a player tries to get eligible mid-season, the NCAA is probably more worried about the academics.

But of course, we’ll still have the attention whore with half naked women as his avatar so everyone knows he’s a hetero male tell us how everything is on the up and up at KU.
The content of his posts notwithstanding, I see no issue whatsoever with his avatar :cool:

Well if cornercuck is right, then every person who was ruled ineligible after the fact is clear I guess.

That’s just about everyone program in history that’s been hit with penalties including every Louisville recruit who was cleared and later ruled ineligible.

Cornercuck can’t be that stupid to throw that out there.

Wow. I’m just realizing. Kansas fans really have no clue how dirty their program is. That’s amazing.
Cornercuck [laughing]

Reactions: Cindog28
Last edited:
I respect your opinion. I simply disagree.
You are a nut job just like me. I have serious mental health issues and live in a mental health hospital. I'm around guys and girls like you all the time, so I can spot a mentally ill person easily. What's your issue? Sounds like you're in denial. Please continue to post so I can better assess your needs.

That means paid to De Sousa's guardian to have said guardian try to persuade/influence De Sousa into choosing Maryland/Kansas.

That does not mean put money into the hands of Silvio De Sousa....

Dude just ... sigh. You used to at least have common sense. It’s incredibly difficult to take you seriously at this point .

Dude just ... sigh. You used to at least have common sense. It’s incredibly difficult to take you seriously at this point .

Yeah, at least he is a confessed ku fan. So many others come on here as UK fans and they are so outed as they know their other programs so much better than they know UK. It is so easy but they think they are fooling the true UK fans on this site...

It's not like this site doesn't have some troll experts. Most here for any length of time at all can spot a troll quickly. I give NOPBIAC at least some credit for being who he is. He has taken it up a notch though lately. I hope he takes his meds.;)

Cal is ruining respected coaches careers. These guys are willing to go down in flames to keep up. Bill Self is following Pitino down a path of destruction just to keep KU even remotely as relevant as UK. If the NCAA was just, KU would have been hit with penalties numerous years in the last decade.

Every year we see scandals, as in more than one, come out of that shithole. I can see why they need to pay recruits to go there. It is no different than Zipp defending Pitino and the rest of his mob. KU fans praise Self while EVERY year we see story after story about how filthy that place really is.

I am thankful our biggest issue was Derek Willis being drunk and probably driving his car.

Maybe De Sousa never directly took money. Neither did Brian Bowen, and you see how that defense helped him. It DOES NOT matter who took the money, the FBI could care less, it is that fact money was paid is the key.

It used to be years and years ago that others would promote the one's doing their best to do the right things. Even if they didn't like them they still wouldn't trash them or work against them.

It seems now that any decency is fought against, and fought against bitterly. Cal and his "ilk" (There are other decent coaches with good character traits). It's a shame they are not at least "given a fair shake".

It used to be years and years ago that others would promote the one's doing their best to do the right things. Even if they didn't like them they still wouldn't trash them or work against them.

It seems now that any decency is fought against, and fought against bitterly. Cal and his "ilk" (There are other decent coaches with good character traits). It's a shame they are not at least "given a fair shake".
Doing the right thing fell out of favor a little at a time over the past several years,it has gotten to the point that those who try to do that are perceived or portrayed negatively by the media and therefore by much of the general public.

If we limit this to just basketball coaches Roy,K,Self and others haven't tried to do a "right thing" in years yet they are media darlings

The academic/athletic scandal at UNC should have destroyed Roy but it didn't faze him,K's language and demeanor on the bench,along with his handling of a half dozen other issues should brand him a bully and a tyrant to the Knight level but it doesn't, the current trial should seal Self's fate but neither it nor the decade of yearly scandals at KU will have any effect whatsoever.

Their hypocrisy truly knows no bounds

Reactions: BBUK
interesting that these poor old kansas basketball players families keep on getting paid. Alexander,De Souza, Preston man what a lack of control by the Rug DR. Sure is one hell of a coincidence.

Doing the right thing fell out of favor a little at a time over the past several years,it has gotten to the point that those who try to do that are perceived or portrayed negatively by the media and therefore by much of the general public.

If we limit this to just basketball coaches Roy,K,Self and others haven't tried to do a "right thing" in years yet they are media darlings

The academic/athletic scandal at UNC should have destroyed Roy but it didn't faze him,K's language and demeanor on the bench,along with his handling of a half dozen other issues should brand him a bully and a tyrant to the Knight level but it doesn't, the current trial should seal Self's fate but neither it nor the decade of yearly scandals at KU will have any effect whatsoever.

I thought I said that..the same but different.:rolleyes:

Sure it does, they just turn their head and cough...

Maybe De Sousa never directly took money. Neither did Brian Bowen, and you see how that defense helped him. It DOES NOT matter who took the money, the FBI could care less, it is that fact money was paid is the key.

I agree with you 100%...Another thing after watching and listening to coach Self he seemed to be very nervous,he knows they should lose Sousa along with those games he played in last season.

Uncaa do your job and make em pay.

Yeah, at least he is a confessed ku fan. So many others come on here as UK fans and they are so outed as they know their other programs so much better than they know UK. It is so easy but they think they are fooling the true UK fans on this site...

It's not like this site doesn't have some troll experts. Most here for any length of time at all can spot a troll quickly. I give NOPBIAC at least some credit for being who he is. He has taken it up a notch though lately. I hope he takes his meds.;)

I am passionate about defending the honor of my woman! :)

Reactions: BBUK
Your posts have improved lately,if you could now work on the content or post a frontal view which ever is easier for you.

Oh dang....the schmidt got real...

Give Doc the shotgun...(Heck, he don't need no gosh darn shotgun...)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT