ADVERTISEMENT

Bilas: “Tre Jones is the best defender in the nation.”

Zion Williamson is probably a better defender than Tre Jones. He does everything defensively. He can guard, gets steals, snags boards, and blocks shots.

Reactions: Mr_GG and Aike
How bout them orangemen remember that one ?
I remember that one. The best pg in the country got hurt 6 mins in and reddish was out all game and it still took ot less than 48hrs after FSU on the road to get it done.

Hey, Who do you think would win between Syracuse and Alabama?

I remember that one. The best pg in the country got hurt 6 mins in and reddish was out all game and it still took ot less than 48hrs after FSU on the road to get it done.

Hey, Who do you think would win between Syracuse and Alabama?
I would say the team with the most points.

Not sure why most here don't think Jones is that good of a player or defender. I hate the say it, but Jones is probably the most effective pg in the nation, and with him, dook is likely going to roll to another championship. They have the 2 best players, a top 5/8 player, another top-10/15 player, and really good role players. It's going to take a perfect game from a top-tier team (UVA, Gonzaga, UMich, maybe UofT) to knock them out...or a bad game on their part.

Not sure why most here don't think Jones is that good of a player or defender. I hate the say it, but Jones is probably the most effective pg in the nation, and with him, dook is likely going to roll to another championship. They have the 2 best players, a top 5/8 player, another top-10/15 player, and really good role players. It's going to take a perfect game from a top-tier team (UVA, Gonzaga, UMich, maybe UofT) to knock them out...or a bad game on their part.

+1

I hope this is a joke. At Bama is not nearly as bad of a loss as home to Cuse.
A little context please. Play almost any of your games without Hagans and Johnson and it would be a bad day and it wouldn’t take ot to get it done.

Well lets just give them the trophy now. They are very good, but roll to another title. I think not.

Hagans didn’t play starter minutes the first month of the season.

Do better.
Painfully obvious that you don’t understand how advanced stats work but I have a calculator on my phone so I’ll make this easier for you.
If you map out their numbers per 40 mins to control for the fact that Hagans didn’t play as much when green was around (which should tell you something in and of itself), Jones’ win share is still 140% of Hagans despite having to accumulate those stats against a much more difficult schedule (11 vs 83 on the defensive side) and playing much heavier minutes (Performance always drops over time).
Like I’ve been saying, Hagans is a nice player and this isn’t a knock on him. He’s just not close to Jones.

Reactions: UK_born_b_bread
Painfully obvious that you don’t understand how advanced stats work but I have a calculator on my phone so I’ll make this easier for you.
If you map out their numbers per 40 mins to control for the fact that Hagans didn’t play as much when green was around (which should tell you something in and of itself), Jones’ win share is still 140% of Hagans despite having to accumulate those stats against a much more difficult schedule (11 vs 83 on the defensive side) and playing much heavier minutes (Performance always drops over time).
Like I’ve been saying, Hagans is a nice player and this isn’t a knock on him. He’s just not close to Jones.

It's obvious you don't understand basketball. Stats can be padded and Ashton is improving every game, but you do you and play with your calculator.

He even went as far as to say Tre was the best on ball defender in Duke history. I dont know much about Duke history but that seems like a pretty bold statement in itself

Johnny Dawkins would probably have something to say about that.

Reactions: medic930
ADVERTISEMENT