ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest pleasant surprise this year for me is Toppin

I agree with Toppin being the best surprise. He will have 2-3 years to become a superstar. The best thing with him is his brother spent 5 years in college and then was a lottery pick.

A few weeks ago Ware was the biggest surprise as he was getting minutes and really improving. He will continue to improve and that duo will be something in 2 years.

Toppin is a quality bench guy. He aint bad. Plays with heart which you gotta do at Kentucky.

If you play with no heart here you will be overwhelmed and humbled.

Topping is number one on this team when it comes to playing with heart.

Coach Cal has failed with just about every other player on this team trying to get them to play with heart.

Tubby didn't always have the talent but man he knew how to get his players to play with heart so he'd have a chance.
Rick never failed at getting it out if his teams.
Shit even Billy Gillespie's teams played with heart.

Reactions: CROCAT
Toppin because he wasn't even expected to play this year ... and when he was declared eligible, I honestly didn't think he'd play this year. Figured he would ride the bench all season.

AA? Let's not get carried away here. I know, hard to say that as UK fans .... but these are the things that create disappointment.

I think if you're All SEC, you're in the AA discussion. He's got the late bloomer thing going on, and he's made huge strides just this season. He's close to his brother, so he's going to have access to top notch training and advice. If his jump shot becomes more consistent, and he gets in that 30-35 minutes per game range, there's no reason to think he can't be a 16 point/8 rebound guy. Add in his above average on ball defense, and again, I think he's got the tools to make a major leap.

Obviously his play will need to translate to wins, but with all that said it's clear he's ascendant in his development.

At the rate he is improving and with his motor, I really think the guy could develop into a superstar. I never would have said that at the beginning of the season.

Frankly, our two best players often times this year have been a transfer from Rhode Island and a transfer from Creighton.

ADVERTISEMENT