ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest coaching move impact...

Carter was one of those guys who was a camp warrior, much better on the camp scene than the field, just wasn't very physical, improved but still not a physical player. Anderson, the 18 guy is, his 5A team was probably the best team in Georgia last fall, several P5 signees on it, and will be more in 19. That doesn't mean he will be better than Carter in Athens, but I think he will be a better pass rusher. Otis Reese was the best defensive player in Georgia last year, imo, but wasn't ranked the highest he is suppose to play S, but he is going to be huge for a S.

I keep giving you likes, really like all the info you bring about the rest of the conference, not just Georgia. BUT-----

I am not sure why I give you likes, all you do is give us more bad news about how hard it is going to be to win the SECe in the future.

I agree with you both, I think this is the best staff that Stoops has had so far. This staff has the potential to be the best ever at UK. The ones the Fear had were every good and some of the ones that followed were pretty good. As far as recruiting goes they are one of the best here and may be the best. If Smith and White start doing what a few of the others are doing then look out.
Thank you TheySoSensitive foe starting this post off with such insight on these guy's. FB is my favorite although I never played and am not as up on everything as most of the posters here, it is still my favorite. I was a BB fan for years and got hooked on FB in 1966 when Green Bay was playing Dallas in the ice bowl. I knew nothing about the game but was hooked for life. I have followed UK most all my life in BB.There was no UK FB news very much in those days. So FF is all I had till I went into the US Air Force and got to follow all of the NFL games. Now I am a college UK FB fan for life.

GBB

By the way, while I had to bring up Collier's amazing group of assistants I agree with this being potentially the best group of assistants at UK in a long time. Everyone agrees Marrow is invaluable, we have lost two rapidly rising coaches in Brown and Ainsley, and despite losing those two to better opportunities we are still steadily improving our staff IMO.

Impressive job in recruiting AND improving our coaching staff, IMO, this year and the next should tell us about what the overall coaching does, too early to tell recruits they suck and we should start all over again IMO. And all the negativity in the world isn't going to get rid of them before then.

Last edited:
That happened more than once which you don't seem to want to acknowledge.

That they faceguarded? No. They did it all the time. That's my complaint. Face guarding is a last resort. Much better to get your head around so you can make a play on the ball

In man coverage, young cornerbacks are taught to mirror a receiver’s hip and foot movements so they can put themselves in a good coverage position. The rest of the coverage comes from recovery speed, flexibility, timing, high-pointing, and knowing when to turn your head to the ball. Speed, flexibility, and leaping ability are god-given athletic tools. Everything else I have mentioned here is a learned skill. Covering SEC receivers is difficult. Face guarding happens when a cornerback gets beat and breaks down. There isn’t a cornerback in the country who hasn’t face guarded during a broken coverage. It doesn’t just happen to UK defenders.

I keep giving you likes, really like all the info you bring about the rest of the conference, not just Georgia. BUT-----

I am not sure why I give you likes, all you do is give us more bad news about how hard it is going to be to win the SECe in the future.

This is the year UGA will be down some, how much depends on how quick the soph and frosh who will be stepping into big roles as starters or in the 2 deep, and there will be quite a few. We won't have many sr seeing the field much. 2 on D, and probably 3 on O and one of them will be fighting to keep his spot starting. We will have quite a few Jr starting and playing, and soph too, but at least 10 frosh will be in the 2 deep, maybe more. So a repeat of 17 is probably wishful thinking, 19 we will be tough to deal with.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT