ADVERTISEMENT

Big Mike Fletcher

Jamal Mercer

All-American
Feb 7, 2008
Michigan
3-star DL has UK in his final 6.

Announcing June 29.

I know him and quite a few of his friends personally. Sounds like it’s between UK and MSU (Mich State). State has been his favorite school since he was little but says he would like to play right away in the SEC.

I’ve seen him play for years and he’s lightning quick with a great motor. Hope he picks the good guys.

Announcing June 29.

I know him and quite a few of his friends personally. Sounds like it’s between UK and MSU (Mich State). State has been his favorite school since he was little but says he would like to play right away in the SEC.

I’ve seen him play for years and he’s lightning quick with a great motor. Hope he picks the good guys.
We would welcome him with open arms.

Piss out my ash.

Seems like we're going to have to chose Ky or Ohio for prospects. Marrow can only be so many places at once and it's clear that Schlarman can't do really anything recruiting wise...totally helpless. I've never seen anything like it.

Imagine if you went into your job and told them the parts of the job you wouldn't be doing anymore, and that your pay was to stay the same. Imagine how that would go over? Allowing that to go on in a SEC football program is flat out embarrassing. Dude refuses to recruit, has done a decent job at his positional teaching but really we had one good season and last year got better as the year went on but was so bad to begin with it was hard to judge, and nobody has told him 'hey bud you need to step it up or you'll be recruiting for someone else next year'

How does that happen this day and age? With all of the private money that goes into the foootball program I have trouble imagining those folks aren't asking questions.

[EDIT: Fletcher removed his tweet about the cancellation of his OV to Wisconsin]

Last edited:
Piss out my ash.

Seems like we're going to have to chose Ky or Ohio for prospects. Marrow can only be so many places at once and it's clear that Schlarman can't do really anything recruiting wise...totally helpless. I've never seen anything like it.

Imagine if you went into your job and told them the parts of the job you wouldn't be doing anymore, and that your pay was to stay the same. Imagine how that would go over? Allowing that to go on in a SEC football program is flat out embarrassing. Dude refuses to recruit, has done a decent job at his positional teaching but really we had one good season and last year got better as the year went on but was so bad to begin with it was hard to judge, and nobody has told him 'hey bud you need to step it up or you'll be recruiting for someone else next year'

How does that happen this day and age? With all of the private money that goes into the foootball program I have trouble imagining those folks aren't asking questions.

You really are so sensitive. It's ok, take a deep breath. It's going to be ok.

You really are so sensitive. It's ok, take a deep breath. It's going to be ok.
He has a point though. Schlarman's OL better be good because if he can't recruit then you better be a heck of a teacher. His OL has sucked for the most part of 4 1/2 out of 5 years (well, run blocking has been good the past two years but pass blocking SMH). He's kind of the opposite of Clinkscale, who's a heck of a recruiter and apparently not much of a teacher considering how bad his unit has been with their experience and talent.

Reactions: Plumbscott452
He has a point though. Schlarman's OL better be good because if he can't recruit then you better be a heck of a teacher. His OL has sucked for the most part of 4 1/2 out of 5 years (well, run blocking has been good the past two years but pass blocking SMH). He's kind of the opposite of Clinkscale, who's a heck of a recruiter and apparently not much of a teacher considering how bad his unit has been with their experience and talent.

He didn't have much to work with his first couple of years, and let's be honest, we haven't had a very good QB or WRs. The run blocking has been excellent. Everybody stacked the box last year but Snell had a great season. Two years ago we had 2 1000 yard rushers. In 2015 the team rushed for nearly 2000 yards with Towles as the QB.

He didn't have much to work with his first couple of years, and let's be honest, we haven't had a very good QB or WRs. The run blocking has been excellent. Everybody stacked the box last year but Snell had a great season. Two years ago we had 2 1000 yard rushers. In 2015 the team rushed for nearly 2000 yards with Towles as the QB.
Yea I understand and agree that run blocking has been very good but pass blocking is half their job and we have been very bad at it. Hopefully this year we turn the corner and it's much improved.

When I was a senior in high school I remember some of the local fans who couldnt let up on Blanton Collier and staff who had assistants go to the Dolphins to coach-Shula, Arnsparger and Snellenburger. Unhappy with Collier, because he wasnt Bear, who did not score on UT in '49,'50 or '51, Collier beat the Vols 5 times. On every staff there are teachers, recruiters, rah rah guys- no staff is perfect, nor is any coach. Enjoy our football team instead of griping constantly. I see coaching mistakes too, and recruiting disappointments but I have followed the Cats almost 70 years and just had open heart surgery and just want see the Cats another season or two.

Last edited:
Imo Coach Gran is the reason for our success in the run game!
Having said that if i had to pick between a recruiter or a teacher in the oline position.I would pick a teacher over a recruiter..

You play with effort and sound technique you may not win every battle. But most times in the end you win the war!

Last edited:
Piss out my ash.

The only evidence that UKFB has improved its recruiting is from recruiting services with the exception of the OL which has performed way above the rest of the team. In fact, there is more high end talent there than on any unit. You don't think Schlarman has something to do with that fact?

Our defense and the rest of our offense has performed in the bottom 25% in college ball. Take away the running game and we really haven't done anything well. Don't take my word for it look it up. Many of these great recruiting "successes" have not panned out on the field. Schlarman has produced on the field with guys who were either not noticed or who weren't that good as prospects. The truth is UK has signed a bunch of kids who were camp warriors (especially in 2014) and didn't pan out very often.

Go on run Schlarman off. We heard the same complaints about Brooks (best coach at UK for decades hands down) when Joker took over and how Joker replaced Brooks' guys who could coach the game but were not good recruiters. We ended up with a totally dysfunctional staff who couldn't recruit or coach. Anyway, if you listed to the guys who play for him they say to a man that Coach Schlarman was a key reason why they came to UK including the only 5 star recruit at UK since Couch. It comes down to the same old argument of what's more important, winning on signing day or on the field.

Easily, the most solid group on the team the last two years has been the O-line . . . . with rushing in two successive seasons the best since 1976/77, and we get these threads?!?!
What you say is true, but the bad part is as good as they run block, they are that bad at pass blocking. If you can't pass in the SEC you aren't winning many SEC GAMES

Reactions: seccats04
Easily, the most solid group on the team the last two years has been the O-line . . . . with rushing in two successive seasons the best since 1976/77, and we get these threads?!?!

The fact that we lost Toth, Mosier and Ramsey and still had a good OLine is remarkable. The fact that the OLine could be a strength this year is a rather novel experience as a Cat fan.

The only evidence that UKFB has improved its recruiting is from recruiting services with the exception of the OL which has performed way above the rest of the team. In fact, there is more high end talent there than on any unit. You don't think Schlarman has something to do with that fact?

Our defense and the rest of our offense has performed in the bottom 25% in college ball. Take away the running game and we really haven't done anything well. Don't take my word for it look it up. Many of these great recruiting "successes" have not panned out on the field. Schlarman has produced on the field with guys who were either not noticed or who weren't that good as prospects. The truth is UK has signed a bunch of kids who were camp warriors (especially in 2014) and didn't pan out very often.

Go on run Schlarman off. We heard the same complaints about Brooks (best coach at UK for decades hands down) when Joker took over and how Joker replaced Brooks' guys who could coach the game but were not good recruiters. We ended up with a totally dysfunctional staff who couldn't recruit or coach. Anyway, if you listed to the guys who play for him they say to a man that Coach Schlarman was a key reason why they came to UK including the only 5 star recruit at UK since Couch. It comes down to the same old argument of what's more important, winning on signing day or on the field.

Boom and Snell were bottoms dwellers? That is news. I suspect Conrad and Riggs have not been bottoms dwellers.

I see OLine, RB, and TE as positions of SEC strength this year. I have hopes for a Baker, Richardson, Bowden, Epps - plus - WR corps. Time will tell as to our QB(s).

Reactions: cat888
Boom and Snell were bottoms dwellers? That is news. I suspect Conrad and Riggs have not been bottoms dwellers.

I see OLine, RB, and TE as positions of SEC strength this year. I have hopes for a Baker, Richardson, Bowden, Epps - plus - WR corps. Time will tell as to our QB(s).
I never said that Boom and Snell weren't first class backs but the running backs can't run without blocking. I also never called anyone bottom dwellers but look at the passing game production. We haven't been able to properly use the TE due other problems on offense.

I never said that Boom and Snell weren't first class backs but the running backs can't run without blocking. I also never called anyone bottom dwellers but look at the passing game production. We haven't been able to properly use the TE due other problems on offense.

After giving props to the OLine, “Our defense and the rest of our offense has performed in the bottom 25% in college ball.”

After giving props to the OLine, “Our defense and the rest of our offense has performed in the bottom 25% in college ball.”
OK, rushing involves backs and blockers so that's true but I specifically complimented both Boom and Benny in the thread. I didn't mention the TE's who have played well but are seldom utilized as receivers.They function as part of the OL most of the time. I think they have done a nice job. You know the point I was making. The OL is the most productive unit on the team over the past few years. We have good backs but they need a hole to run through.

Reactions: jauk11
We haven't exactly had great passing QBs lately either, so I'm not sure you can put all of the blame on the OL.

If you can't pass in the SEC you aren't winning many SEC GAMES

We've won more SEC GAMES in two successive seasons [and the highest %] since, again, 1976-1977.

Please tell me the secrets that HOF coaches Brooks and Claiborne possessed, failing to win half their league games in successive seasons, that Coach Stoops is missing in having actually done so.

Announcing June 29.

Would like to sign Fletcher. Appearance from afar has been that it's UK or MSU, so interesting to see you confirming this. Good test for Clink. Thanks!

Fletcher was supposed to visit Michigan this past weekend. Does anyone know if that happened?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT