ADVERTISEMENT

Big man Kofi Cockburn wants to visit UK

Kofi Cockburn

Coffee+Tan+Lap.JPG-800.jpg

I don't want anymore players who can't shoot. Villanova and a few other teams have taught us that 5 shooters on the floor are impossible to defend regardless of the other team's athleticism.

Hami could outrun or out jump a gazelle. He'll have some highlight poster dunks, but he couldn't hit the ocean 35% of time while standing on the beach. (I wish him the absolute best in NBA. He'll be a monster if he ever develops a shot.)

JVandy was similar. He had a V-12 motor, but he could damage the rim and backboard with some bricks he threw up.

Today's game requires shooters. If a player can't shoot then he better have another skill that is absolutely off the chart.

This kid may be able to shoot. (I confess to not seeing any stats.) My point is generic, but applies to all recruits. Pass on all non-shooters. (Pun intended!) They don't have to be dead-eye shooters, but must be respectable and able to make teams pay for leaving them open.

Reactions: Stonewall12
Feel bad for the kid. Can’t help your last name but you know he has been made fun of for ever and that will continue in to college. Knew someone with the last name Poop once and always wondered why they didn’t change it to Popp or Pope or Hoop.

This man be a formidable opponent for weynen. I’m sure he’s living it up in sac town with the kings of course. I want him just for the name and what he brings to the table

Feel bad for the kid. Can’t help your last name but you know he has been made fun of for ever and that will continue in to college. Knew someone with the last name Poop once and always wondered why they didn’t change it to Popp or Pope or Hoop.
You and I both know nobody teased a man of his stature about his last name. They would not be around to speak on the matter

If origins of the last name were associated with ones occupation-say Smith for Blacksmith, what the hell is the story behind a name like Cockburn?
Scholars maintain the translation was lost years ago but I believe it has something to do with his family originating in South Carolina many moons ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT