ADVERTISEMENT

Big George

Caveman Catfan

All-American
Sep 1, 2002
Big George came to UK and has been a tough customer on the OLine since his early days. He has seemed a relatively consistent player. It surprised me a bit to hear the coaches praise him for his leap. And, then, Bunchy backs it up with comments about George having a better understanding and bringing energy. I love to see these bigs develop. Schlarman and Gran have really worked well together to bring our OLinemen along. I will not be surprised when Bunchy and Big George are in an NFL camp next summer trying to make a team. Both have the potential to get paid if they land with the right team after having a nice senior campaign.

I don't know if this kid will get drafted or sign as an UDFA. If kids are picked in the first 3-4 rounds its sometimes better to be an undrafted player and have some choice about where you go. A little research and you can sign with a team that needs your skill and gives you a much better chance of making the squad instead of being best player available during the late rounds.

This should be our best OL of the past 3 years and the last 2 were pretty damn good at supporting a legit SEC run game.

Need improvement on the pass game, but Young has really grown into his frame and should come into his own this year. I was always impressed by the footwork and balance by the former state champion wrestler, just needed to mature and get some experience.

Big George came to UK and has been a tough customer on the OLine since his early days. He has seemed a relatively consistent player. It surprised me a bit to hear the coaches praise him for his leap. And, then, Bunchy backs it up with comments about George having a better understanding and bringing energy. I love to see these bigs develop. Schlarman and Gran have really worked well together to bring our OLinemen along. I will not be surprised when Bunchy and Big George are in an NFL camp next summer trying to make a team. Both have the potential to get paid if they land with the right team after having a nice senior campaign.

GAA's more natural position is OG but he was forced to OT because another guy didn't develop(looking at you Tate). Will it help or hurt him on the NFL level? We'll just have to wait and see.

GAA's more natural position is OG but he was forced to OT because another guy didn't develop(looking at you Tate). Will it help or hurt him on the NFL level? We'll just have to wait and see.
I think it helps make a roster. If your not a starter you better have position versatility

I think it helps him because the NFL loves guards that they can also swing out to tackle when they need to. I think his position at the next level will be guard but having the ability and experience to play tackle is a big plus for GAA.

Well, I am no expert on his more natural position, but history in the NFL shows that it is common for college OTs to transition to OG in the NFL.

ADVERTISEMENT