ADVERTISEMENT

Big Blue Fans Over 55?

bigbluecaleb is your relative? How nice.:D

Now listen...snagglepuss...exit stage left...

snagglepuss2.jpg

Reactions: awf
So born in 1963 or earlier...that's about the minimum age one could remember the Rupp era?

I'll be 38 this March 22, that's bad enough! :(

So born in 1963 or earlier...that's about the minimum age one could remember the Rupp era?

I'll be 38 this March 22 (I was in 5th grade during the infamous 1992 Puke game...I remember everyone making a HUGE deal about it the day after but I didn't follow sports at all back then), 38 is bad enough! :(

Well Sir, It seems like you are the winner of this age group. I imagine you have seen and heard a lot over the years. Congrats

Reactions: railroadkat_1
QUOTE="blubud, post: 6499037, member: 11924"]Welp! My birth certificate tells I'm 63, my eyes tell me I'm 73, my ears tell me I'm 83, and my knees tell me I'm 93. So, I'm not exactly sure! :confused:[/QUOTE]

LOL.............[laughing]....... I can relate to that!.........:basketball:

Reactions: Simple_Man
Thanks to all of my fellow 55+ members for replying.Its good to know that our age group is so well represented on RR.Makes me curious to know how many more are on the board that did not respond.:sunglasses:

Last edited:
QUOTE="Kampus Korner, post: 6496943, member: 5706"]I can certainly tell a difference in my energy level since I turned 65. The “aches and pains” that I often heard about from others when I was younger have now become a reality for me. In my mind, I feel no different than I was when I was in my 30’s but my body says, “Dude, you ain’t 30 no more, no where close.”[/QUOTE]

Same here KK In my mind I think I'm young. Then your out and run into friends and you and your wife say they look so old. Oh well!..........[laughing]...............:basketball:...... I love UK!

Reactions: Kampus Korner
70. Been following the Cats since I was 10. Went to the same school as Bobby Slusher (Lone Jack, I was in 6th grade when he was a senior) and Larry Pursiful was playing at Bell County High.
I'm 77 and I have been an avid fan since 1957. I was a freshman in 1958-59 and I remember both Slusher and Pursifal. Ky beat SMU that year after being behind 3 points with 3 seconds to go. [There was no 3 point shot then.] Rupp called a timeout and told Benny Kaufman to drive for a layup and get fouled which he did! Game went to overtime and KY won a game that they should have lost. Great memories!

ADVERTISEMENT