ADVERTISEMENT

Big Blue Fans Over 55?

60 and still playing city league softball. Team has 5 starters over 50 and we placed 2nd in Class D State last year in Norman OK. Still have a lot of the ache and pains everyone has at this age though, especially after tournament day playing several games. Wake up next day feeling 90.

I will be 64 in June. I am the last person in my family that is alive. They all crapped out on me early. I don't even know if the patriarch is supposed to wear some sort of crown/hat or what.......all of the old folks are gone and can't answer my questions............

Just turned 61 in November. Yes I can feel a difference. My body cannot do what my mind tells it too. My appetite is not what it was. One thing about getting old. Your mind seems to remain young. I'm attracted to women starting at 18 all the way up to 60. Problem is no women 18 - 50 would even give me a 2nd thought. Hey it's my fantasy so I can think about whatever makes me happy. My wife is 61 and still looks great. It is what it is. I suffered a heart attack at 44 years of age and almost died. After that I learned to enjoy everyday and nothing really upsets me anymore. Glad to see we actually do have a lot of the older generation on the board. I was beginning to think most of our posters were younger.

I have noticed a few 57 years of age reply's to this thread.For the men that are 62 plus have you noticed a big change in the way you feel physically?

I can certainly tell a difference in my energy level since I turned 65. The “aches and pains” that I often heard about from others when I was younger have now become a reality for me. In my mind, I feel no different than I was when I was in my 30’s but my body says, “Dude, you ain’t 30 no more, no where close.”

I can certainly tell a difference in my energy level since I turned 65. The “aches and pains” that I often heard about from others when I was younger have now become a reality for me. In my mind, I feel no different than I was when I was in my 30’s but my body says, “Dude, you ain’t 30 no more, no where close.”

I am 69 years old and everything KK said above applies in my case. Every day is a good day, I like seeing the grass rather than the dirt below it. Go CATS !!!!!!!!

56 here. Turn 57 in March. Funny thing, though.....my wife says I act like I'm 12.
Anyway, I go as far back as the Issel teams. Louie Dampier memories are more of a Kentucky Colonels thing than they are UK. Growing up in my house in the late 60s/early 70s, Adolph was practically a God. No ifs, ands, or but(t)s. And I say that as a son of a United Methodist minister. My Dad held Adolph in the highest of esteems! And we ALL hated Ray Mears!!!!!

In 1966, my older brother (9 years older) had pictures of a few players on our bedroom wall. Dampier, Pat Riley and Cotton Nash. Oh, and these four other dudes: John, Paul, George and Ringo. I used to look at those pictures and would think: "Gee, Louie and Pat are girls names....and Cotton? What parent names his/her kid Cotton???" (I had an Aunt Louie and girl-cousin Pat.....so for years, I thought those were girls names only!!)
Only til I grew older did I realize that Louie, Pat and Cotton weren't such bad names after all !!!!! And those four dudes from England? Yeah, I still dig them as well.
There might have been a picture of Elvis, too. But, gee Wally, this was 50-plus years ago!!!!!

GO BIG BLUE!!!

Last edited:
Dang, I'm a young-in on here, will be 58 in April. My mom/ dad always remembered my b-day because it's the same as Pete Roses's!!

Dad got me started early on the CATS sitting around the old AM radio listening to Cawood "The Wildcats will be moving from left to right (or right to left) on your radio dial."

We all gathered around the radio one last time with dad a few days before he passed away listening to UK lose to Arizona in the Pre-Season NIT................

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT