ADVERTISEMENT

Better get ready for no season

For your consideration, there are various metrics:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/us-...te-lowest-world-trump-claim/story?id=71647615

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsa...-covid-19-deaths-per-capita-and-by-case-count[/QUOTE
Yes, there are different ways to look at it. Deaths/100,000 do not take into how many cases a country has. The US cases/100 is 1497. You are more likely to get it if you live in the US, But less likely to die from it than if you get it and live in one of the countries I mentioned. I suspect the average age of the population infected and the robustness of the health care system are important factors in the death rate.

Not a single one of the virus fans has a word to say against hundreds of thousands of rioters and protesters jammed up like sardines, screaming their lungs out, and completely failing to social distance in late May and early June. But let's get rid of football and close down restaurants and bars again. Disgusting.
What is a virus “fan”?

Flu deaths average between 12,000 in a good year to 50,000 in a bad year. This thing has took out 165,000 in five months. We have better treatments now and are losing 10,000 every 10 days. That's almost the amount of a good flu season.. We will be lucky to play this spring..You can go ahead and play , but I predict that it would last two weeks at most.
The flu killed 50M in 1918-19. Life went on. We now have a vaccine for flu. Life went on. This thing is entirely new. Would expect it to be most severe starting out. Life needs to go on.

OK. And it killed 50M people, not <1M. Our virus mini second wave deaths appears to be petering out.

So what is your point?
Not really a point to be made, just sharing for information, keeping in mind that we are still in the first wave. Mortality rates for the first wave in 1918 were not above normal rates in previous years. It was the second wave that was so ominous. The obvious hope would be that a second wave does not occur this time, but if one arrives ... let’s hope it is not more viral and deadly, like the Spanish Flu was during its second wave.

In total, it is estimated that 28% of U.S. citizens were infected and between 500,000 - 800,000 died, with the general consensus being around 675,000, it seems. That was, of course, with far less knowledge, technology, communication and overall capability than we have now.

It is also interesting to note that there were actually four (4) waves ... geez, that sucks.

Last edited:
This country is now a joke....

I'm sure canceling the season will happen. We don't want to offend any members of Cancel Culture or BLM with the "toxic masculinity" of football.

Just becausr you hate people of color doesn't mean BLM or cancel culture have anything to do with cancelling the season.

Good lord mods, cAn you please clean up the overt racism that is taking over this board.

Reactions: mrschwump
I was a teacher, spent 34 years teaching/coaching. During those years we had staff development days led by someone who had never set foot in a classroom with 32+ kids attempting to tell me how to teach them. They didnt have a clue. I see Fauci in that same light, the man has spent his entire career snuggling up to the new administration and looking at test tubes has he ever treated a patient? How does he have any idea how it is going to react outside a lab?

Just becausr you hate people of color doesn't mean BLM or cancel culture have anything to do with cancelling the season.

Good lord mods, cAn you please clean up the overt racism that is taking over this board.
So who's the idiot here ...those of us who are trying to do what's asked vs those being allowed to protest by the thousands, those looting, rioting and burning down businesses, having MASS funerals in several cities with thousands in attendance, injuring and killing police and elderly people...recently my MIL' s neighbor of 55 years passsed.They were like sisters and very best friends. She couldn't even go to pay her respect because of stupid rules...God help us if there are enough stupid people in this country to give the COMMUNIST DEMOCREATIC PARTY to have that much power.

Maybe there’s history here I’m not aware of....but where is the racism in what he said? He posted something generally critical of BLM - is that where we are? To criticize is a racist act?

Can’t have a conversation with someone so narrow minded so I want try. But riddle me this Batman. How did Obama and Biden handle H1N1. Over 600,000 infected. Did we shut down any hot zones or the entire country? Any mask mandates? Any churches closed? There were over 1,000 Americans died before they even declared it an Emergency. This is all a game.
Actually, there were over 60,000,000 infected with H1N1. Crickets from the media and Libs.

Actually, there were over 60,000,000 infected with H1N1. Crickets from the media and Libs.

Part 1- H1N1 vs COVID (with bonus Ebola)

H1N1(2009)- 274,304 dead of 60.8 Million cases
.02%death

Ebola(2014)- 2 dead of 11 cases. 18.18% (super small sample size)

COVID(2020)-162, 000 deaths of 5.05 Million cases 3.2% deaths

Part 2- Biased Media Coverage

Reactions: jameslee32
Yeah, we ain’t seeing football this fall. Or basketball in November. Time to look ahead to 2021, if we’re lucky.

.02%death

The mortality rate from COVID 19 is really less than the number being reported. First, there are almost certainly way more cases of infection than has been reported because so many are asymptomatic and have not been tested. As a result, the death rate is artificially high. Second, it’s a fact that many deaths that have been attributed to the virus have been falsely reported as such either due to error or intentional or both.

Last edited:

.02%death

Is there any video of CNN, MSNBC, ABC, blaming or Not blaming Barry for the Pigflu?

That’s the point, we hardly heard about it.

BTW, there are probably a lot more than 5 million cases of Coronavirus.
Last I checked 274k is more than 160k.

Did those cities see a big increase in the numbers of infections? Now compare that to Florida and Texas during that time.

You moron. Texas and Florida had protests as well.

And everyone protesting didn't live IN the city they went to protest in. Good lord.

Try harder.

Reactions: CatPatrick13
Trevor Lawrence wants to play, that's enough for me.

He is the number one overall pick in the draft, and has as good of a reason to sit home this season as anyone could possibly have. I.e. his draft stock isn't going anywhere, unless he gets hurt. (Or catches the covid, lol).

Suit up, and play some football!!!

And all you virus fans can stay home and fret for the rest of your miserable lives, for all I care.

Not really a point to be made, just sharing for information, keeping in mind that we are still in the first wave. Mortality rates for the first wave in 1918 were not above normal rates in previous years. It was the second wave that was so ominous. The obvious hope would be that a second wave does not occur this time, but if one arrives ... let’s hope it is not more viral and deadly, like the Spanish Flu was during its second wave.

In total, it is estimated that 28% of U.S. citizens were infected and between 500,000 - 800,000 died, with the general consensus being around 675,000, it seems. That was, of course, with far less knowledge, technology, communication and overall capability than we have now.

It is also interesting to note that there were actually four (4) waves ... geez, that sucks.
The US population back then was around 100 million. Now it’s around 330 million. Multiply that death toll by 3 to 4 in today’s numbers.

People trying to ignore this virus away are beyond reason or hope. We are the prime example throughout the world what stupidity can do to a nation. It can destroy it from within, and that is exactly what is happening to the USA.

People trying to ignore this virus away are beyond reason or hope. We are the prime example throughout the world what stupidity can do to a nation. It can destroy it from within, and that is exactly what is happening to the USA.

Exactly!! When a political protest takes precedence over a GLOBAL PANDEMIC, this is what we get. Up until all of the protesting, the virus was spreading at a reduced rate. Then when cities across the country ALLOWED these protesters to YELL and SCREAM with ZERO social distancing, these same people went back home and spread it to their families and co-workers.

In Fl, Texas and California, the places with the biggest jump in numbers are the cities where the protests were the biggest(Miami, Houston, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco).

It's ridiculous how the MSM REFUSES to address these FACTS!!

Now we can't have College Football because of the irresponsible way the mayors of these cities allowed these large gatherings with ZERO regard for the consequences of SPREADING Covid-19.

The mortality rate from COVID 19 is really less than the number being reported. First, there are almost certainly way more cases of infection than has been reported because so many are asymptomatic and have not been tested. As a result, the death rate is artificially high. Second, it’s a fact that many deaths that have been attributed to the virus have been falsely reported as such either due to error or intentional or both.

Absolutely true. It may be far lower than flu.

But now the focus is on heart muscle damage and long term health, as well as liability. How prevalent that is, is anybody’s guess but just like with “positivity rate”, we should all have learned that the goalposts will just keep shifting.

Appearing on ESPN’s “Get Up” program, SEC Network talk show host Paul Finebaum said he was hearing from sources that the league still planned on playing in 2020 despite the coronavirus pandemic.
“There is plenty of pushback,” Finebaum said. “I talked to an SEC source yesterday, who said ‘we’re still planning on playing. We have our schedule release coming up in a couple of days.’ Remember, Friday the SEC released the two additional conference games.”
Meanwhile, Arkansas AD Hunter Yurachek became the first athletic director to publicly back the #wewantotplay movement initiated by some of the top college football players on Sunday night.

Read more here: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/spt...john-clay/article244848672.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:
Reactions: Sawnee Cat
ADVERTISEMENT