ADVERTISEMENT

Better Call Saul..

It would probably be going to the well one too many times, but a series about Jesse‘s adventures and misadventures in Alaska could have some potential.
I agree, there could be more viable spinoffs, I think they are ready to put a bow on the BrBa universe and wrap it up.

Kim lived in Nebraska as a kid. Jimmy/Saul/Gene is in Nebraska now. not a coincidence I say. She left New Mexico after all this shakes out and returns home to carry out her lawyering there. Gene's luck runs out and he gets arrested. They have a reunion as she runs back into him after his arrest? maybe?

Got 2 more episodes of BB left.. Just got done with Ozymandias and.. wow.

Starting BCS after this, so not reading anymore..

lalalala.gif

Got 2 more episodes of BB left.. Just got done with Ozymandias and.. wow.

Starting BCS after this, so not reading anymore..

lalalala.gif
Oh man you're in for a treat. In it's early seasons BCS is a very different show than BB is. The evolution of the show since the first season has been incredible and it very well might be better than BB is. The story these writers have crafted while being constrained some by what happens in BB (e.g. if a character is in both shows you know they can't die in BCS) is really impressive. It's a really really great show.

Kim lived in Nebraska as a kid. Jimmy/Saul/Gene is in Nebraska now. not a coincidence I say. She left New Mexico after all this shakes out and returns home to carry out her lawyering there. Gene's luck runs out and he gets arrested. They have a reunion as she runs back into him after his arrest? maybe?
I'm really hoping the Kim being from Nebraska and Gene working there is a red herring. These two don't deserve a happy ending.

I'm really hoping the Kim being from Nebraska and Gene working there is a red herring. These two don't deserve a happy ending.
they wouldn't have it in the show if it wasn't going to play a part. However, I really doubt Gene/Saul gets a happy ending. As for Kim, who knows. I can't really predict what Gilligan and co. have in store for this storyline.

The entirety of the two shows has ended in tragedy for all the characters. Jessie gets away but he has lost every thing. Most everyone else is dead in the end so I doubt they have any happy endings in mind.

Well, one thing we DO know is that Lalo kicks the bucket in the underground construction site. That became clear when Gus hid the gun on the tread of the heavy equipment (the deliberate way in which he did it wasn't for nothing)

At this point, it's 50/50 whether or not Kim take a bullet down there, or if she, shaken by Howard's death, decides this isn't for her and just drops out.

People seem to think that Kim was living in the lavish house that was being packed up at the beginning of season 6. I didn't see much evidence of that. I think that:

Kim dies in the construction site.

or

Kim, who is snapped back into reality by Howard's death, uses some of the Sandpiper money to re-locate via the vacuum cleaner salesman (Jimmy, motivated to get Kim out of there and give her a fresh start, seeks out a person of that ilk, and that is how/why he found him in the first place)

Option 2 seems much more likely to me.

She's from Nebraska, and I think she goes back there, and why jimmy ultimately decides that is the place for him, when HE has to go on the lam.

Reactions: parrott
Pretty sure Walt was the only one who didn't pick where to relocate, because he was so high risk. Saul even joked about managing a Cinnabon in Nebraska before they considered disappearing.

Edit: I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Pretty sure Walt was the only one who didn't pick where to relocate, because he was so high risk. Saul even joked about managing a Cinnabon in Nebraska before they considered disappearing.
In Granite State, Season 5 episode 15 when he's talking to the vacuum cleaner guy he says "Nebraska, what's in Nebraska", vacuum cleaner guy says "you, from now on".

Howard's end was good television but man....what a cruel last several episodes. Jimmy and Kim just continually trying to ruin a fairly decent person. It took him all the way til the end to finally figure out why.

Jimmy at least always had a monetary incentive for his hustles but Kim just destroyed Howard for fun.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
Howard's end was good television but man....what a cruel last several episodes. Jimmy and Kim just continually trying to ruin a fairly decent person. It took him all the way til the end to finally figure out why.

Jimmy at least always had a monetary incentive for his hustles but Kim just destroyed Howard for fun.
I think Howard was one of the best written characters on television. His arch was great. You hate him in the first season because it seems like he's just being an asshole to Jimmy. Then you learn it was Chuck all along and Howard seemed to have a soft spot for Jimmy. You realize Howard is a pretty straight laced, by the book guy who was just stuck between a rock and a hard place between Chuck and Jimmy. Then this season you just felt for him. Between what Jimmy and Kim were doing, his home life (his wife pouring that latte into a mug was such a gut shot), and his ending, he turned into an incredibly sympathetic character. Quite the turnaround from where he started out.

Never felt any empathy for a guy who is born on third base and every want or need is met, including Howard. The difference between me and Kim is I don't want him ruined other than by his own actions.

• Haha
Reactions: Mdnerd
No idea how this will end up. I think perhaps Saul/Gene ends up getting arrested as no one else went to prison. So many of these shows seem to never let the characters go to jail and have to find other more "creative" endings like with the Dexter revival.

Think Kim...she's more conniving than Saul.

Jimmy/Saul ALWAYS knew what he was and who he is...he does it because he can't help himself. It's not really a choice for him.

Kim does it because she enjoys it.

Kind of makes Saul the anti Walt in that he always knew what he was...and Kim the anti Skyler who did it out of necessity.

Can see both getting the opposite ending of how things ended for each of them respectively.

Also, I would think we see Lalo getting killed...but Saul won't know because of him comments in BB when he asked Hank and Jesse when they brought his out to the desert if Lalo sent them.

That would also be good for Mike and Gus to know Lalo is gone, but keep it from Saul as a manipulation tactic.

That said, no idea how it's going to go...and I love it.

Kim is definitely the darker of the two. Jimmy had serious misgivings about doing this to Howard and Kim pressed it at every opportunity.

In fact, upon reflection, I think Kim is going to get taken out. It seems deserved, given what happened to Howard, and how the show has bent over backwards to emphasize that she's the heavy in that whole scheme.

Call it Gilligan kharma.

We'll absolutely see Lalo killed, and we know where it's going to happen.

The only person in Gus' operation that Lalo is wary of/respects is Michael and although I wouldn't say Lalo is afraid of Mike, his mission will go a lot easier if he can separate him from Gus.

It's impossible to speculate how he'll do it, but I'd bet it involves pressuring Saul into luring Mike away, by using Kim as a hostage/threat.

While Mike is heading to deal with whatever, Lalo takes Kim (as I said to insure Saul's cooperation) with him to the cleaners, and ultimately, the underground construction site.

At this point, who knows how it actually goes down, but at this point I really doubt that either one of them (Kim or Lalo) survive.

Last edited:
I'm probably most curious about the current day "Jeff" storyline. That confrontation in the mall scene was captivating af.

You think Gene is gonna take out Jeff? I know he cancelled the relocation and said he was going to take care of it himself.

I thought the same at one point, but when they showed the raid on Saul's home, I completely changed my mind. Kim would not live in such a tacky, mini-mansion.

My prediction: What happened with Howard scares Kim straight and she decides she's had enough. But now that she's known by the Cartel she can't just leave. I think she survives but gets relocated by the vacuum man, and that's how Saul becomes familiar with disappearing people. Gus ends up killing Lalo and burying him under the lab. So all throughout Breaking Bad Lalo is just chilling under the lab.

Kim being from Nebraska relocating Saul to Nebraska is just misdirection to lead the view to believe there might be a happy reunion at the end, but there won't be.

I wonder how they are gonna work in Cranston and Paul at this point as well. Only 6 episodes to go and years away from BB timeline still.
It has got to be one of their teasers. If there is the gap between the 2 series it has to be some flash forward teaser.

Never felt any empathy for a guy who is born on third base and every want or need is met, including Howard. The difference between me and Kim is I don't want him ruined other than by his own actions.

If that isn’t the most Jameslee32 comment I’ve seen on this board. You’re one pathetic individual. How one is born should play no role at all in how you feel about them or what kind of person they are.

Feeling no empathy for someone based on their circumstances at birth is actually pretty evil. Sad you can’t see that.

The fact Saul thought Lalo sent men after him years later really makes this difficult to predict. I can’t imagine a scenario where Lalo lives and the chicken man operates in peace like he was apparently doing in the same moment Saul was worried about him. That said, you’d think Saul knew of his death and wouldn’t still be worried about him. So who knows, going to be fun to watch.

As for Kim, it could go a few different ways, none of which would be surprising. Can’t see her being killed, but I can’t give a good reason to say that.

I wonder how they are gonna work in Cranston and Paul at this point as well. Only 6 episodes to go and years away from BB timeline still.

Agree. Plus more on his modern day story with his new ID, life, etc.

Sure feels like we're getting short on runway to get it all in. I'm confident they will but we're probably going to see a breakneck pace.

Agree. Plus more on his modern day story with his new ID, life, etc.

Sure feels like we're getting short on runway to get it all in. I'm confident they will but we're probably going to see a breakneck pace.

I’d wager Cranston and Paul just have cameos. Something obscure like being in the checkout line at a store or maybe coming in for some chicken.

I’d wager Cranston and Paul just have cameos. Something obscure like being in the checkout line at a store or maybe coming in for some chicken.

Imo depends on how they handle the mike/gus storylines. If they are there solely to advance the Saul story, I agree a cameo or office visit will do.

However it seems like their characters are more than that. If so it will take more because Walt was a huge part of Gus' overall story arc.

If that isn’t the most Jameslee32 comment I’ve seen on this board. You’re one pathetic individual. How one is born should play no role at all in how you feel about them or what kind of person they are.

Feeling no empathy for someone based on their circumstances at birth is actually pretty evil. Sad you can’t see that.
lol, Someone who doesn't understand word meanings.

Imo depends on how they handle the mike/gus storylines. If they are there solely to advance the Saul story, I agree a cameo or office visit will do.

However it seems like their characters are more than that. If so it will take more because Walt was a huge part of Gus' overall story arc.

I just want to see how they try to have Paul pill off being a mid to late 20 something in his 40s now. Put a beanie on him hopefully. As a fellow high hairline big forehead individual but minis his good looks, I get the struggle. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: bigblueinsanity
ADVERTISEMENT