ADVERTISEMENT

Best steak you’ve ever had

Yeah, that's false. I'd cook circles around you and anyone else that's posted so far in this thread. Better stick with Claims, bub.

I have a Big Green Egg & and an Anova...and cook a very nice steak -- but not dumb enough to think I can match an 1800 Degree Broiler and the quality of beef the best steakhouses hand pick...not to mention their aging processes.

You're a simpleton, bub. Don't fret, there are TONS of them around here.
What if I get my steak out of the case at Kroger? Is it the same? It's CHOICE meat after all.

Yeah, that's false. I'd cook circles around you and anyone else that's posted so far in this thread. Better stick with Claims, bub.

I have a Big Green Egg & and an Anova...and cook a very nice steak -- but not dumb enough to think I can match an 1800 Degree Broiler and the quality of beef the best steakhouses hand pick...not to mention their aging processes -- and any home cook that thinks they can is dumb.

You're a simpleton. Don't fret, there are TONS of them around here.
Damn, you’re ruthless. I like you. Lol

giphy.gif

I have a Big Green Egg & and an Anova...and cook a very nice steak -- but not dumb enough to think I can match an 1800 Degree Broiler and the quality of beef the best steakhouses hand pick...not to mention their aging processes -- and any home cook that thinks they can is dumb.

I am not big on steaks. never have been so, can't really say what the best one I ever had was but, If you make me a good one it will get that distinction.

Last edited:

I have read enough of your 80k posts to know that would be your reply. I didn't compare my ability to cook a steak with Jeff Ruby. Even a "simpleton" knows how the aging process works and how you can't replicate that. You are the one you said that anyone who thinks they can cook a good steak needs to get out more.

Not everyone has the means to go out every night and get a $50 steak at a high end restaurant. But most can get a sous vide and cook a very high quality meal. I worked at Malone's for 3 years and fully understand how an 1800 broiler works. Tell Mr. Drake I said Hello.

I don't mess with claims, bub...

Reactions: UK-BILL
I use my anova weekly and almost never use it on a steak. I can produce a quality steak on my grill without destroying it and it's not really worth the extra time unless you've go a really good cut.Prefer strips/ribeyes on the grill b/c the combo of charcoal/smoke and fat is delightful. Feel like the anova doesn't do well with those types of cuts in a time effective manner. Maybe a thick filet or a whole cut for a party.

You are right though, anova + food saver is an excellent tool. Took me a bit to figure out how to use it everyday life but it's absolutely one of my favorites now. I really wish I had a 2nd one.

To answer the question -> SW at the Wynn. Waygu strip but I've had plenty of excellent steaks at Ruby's, Bob's, Tony's, Craft Steak, Bar American, etc etc. Hard to pick a favorite.

Reactions: drxman1
I tell you what... it's kind of hokey, but gosh damn do I like the garlic butter Ruth's Chris throws on their filet.

Reactions: RonEJones
RC isn't at the very top but they are very consistent across the country. Eaten at several and all really good. Props to them, as that is difficult to maintain.

1) Wards steakhouse in Milwaukee.

2-15) Any number of high end chains (Smith & Wollensky, Morton’s, Ruth’s Chris, Malones, etc.) As someone above pointed out, it’s hard to screw up a good cut of meat. These places are all sourcing top 2% beef, and as such are putting a good meal on the table.

I use my anova weekly and almost never use it on a steak. I can produce a quality steak on my grill without destroying it and it's not really worth the extra time unless you've go a really good cut.Prefer strips/ribeyes on the grill b/c the combo of charcoal/smoke and fat is delightful. Feel like the anova doesn't do well with those types of cuts in a time effective manner. Maybe a thick filet or a whole cut for a party.

You are right though, anova + food saver is an excellent tool. Took me a bit to figure out how to use it everyday life but it's absolutely one of my favorites now. I really wish I had a 2nd one.

To answer the question -> SW at the Wynn. Waygu strip but I've had plenty of excellent steaks at Ruby's, Bob's, Tony's, Craft Steak, Bar American, etc etc. Hard to pick a favorite.

Since I got my sous vide, I refuse to eat eggs any other way. Not the most time efficient way to cook eggs, but hot damn they are good.

Yeah, that's false. I'd cook circles around you and anyone else that's posted...I have a Big Green Egg & and an Anova...
Well look at you Mr. Sophisticated Gourmet with your big bad Big Green Egg. Great work, you really put the insurance junkie in his place.

200.gif

Peter Luger's
Best steak I've ever had, and the sides were incredible too.

Not worth the money, but the best I had was the Mizayaki Filet at Le Moo. Followed by the Waygu filet at Ruby’s a couple different times.

American Waygu is typically one of two types. One is pure Waygu, raised in the U.S from Japanese cattle imported in the 90s. The other is a hybrid of the pure blood waygu and higher grade Angus. Both are pretty tasty but sometimes not worth the cost. The Japanese Kobe and waygu is crazy. Looks like they were covered in spider webs, but it’s just crazy fine marbling.

Columbia’s on Broadway has always been a mom and pop favorite. Like one said maybe atmosphere and fond memories influences some opinions

Columbia’s on Broadway has always been a mom and pop favorite. Like one said maybe atmosphere and fond memories influences some opinions
That’s about all it has going for it. It’s My wife’s favorite because it used to be her and her parents’ big going out place. It is waaaay too expensive for the quality of food. I’d rather drop that money at Logans.

Reactions: Rupp'sRunt
Best steak I ever had was at a private steakhouse in the Hagi Archipelago islands. They cooked a Mishima porterhouse in an 1801 degree broiler. It was both posh and exclusive.

Like nothing any of you stupid assholes will ever eat. The primest of the prime, if you will.

That’s about all it has going for it. It’s My wife’s favorite because it used to be her and her parents’ big going out place. It is waaaay too expensive for the quality of food. I’d rather drop that money at Logans.
Logans is ass tho

Reactions: drcats2013
I wish my town had a good steakhouse. You have to drive 100 miles to get a decent one. There was a time that the local huddle house advertised “best steaks in town.” More like only...
Where do you live that a decent restaurant is 100 miles away?

Best steak I ever had was at a private steakhouse in the Hagi Archipelago islands. They cooked a Mishima porterhouse in an 1801 degree broiler. It was both posh and exclusive.

Like nothing any of you stupid assholes will ever eat. The primest of the prime, if you will.
I assume the beast was raised and slaughtered in such fashion that stress hormones minimized and the meat was subsequently properly aged, right?

Each calf is raised in its own Buddhist Tranquility Room, slaughtered under the guidance of Dr. Temple Grandin, and then dry-aged 240 days for optimum flavor intensity.

Probably need to move from that hell hole then my man. Next you'll tell me the nearest Walmart is an hour away. Part of my family lives in redbay, AL. Pretty much own the whole town besides McDonald's and piggly wiggly

Probably need to move from that hell hole then my man. Next you'll tell me the nearest Walmart is an hour away. Part of my family lives in redbay, AL. Pretty much own the whole town besides McDonald's and piggly wiggly
Nah we have a Walmart. Lol. I like the people. It’s a close knit place. Love the mountains and wildlife. It just sucks having limited food/shopping.

Reactions: Willy4UK
Nah we have a Walmart. Lol. I like the people. It’s a close knit place. Love the mountains and wildlife. It just sucks having limited food/shopping.
There are some great people up there, but I could never live there again. As far as eating, you may as well eat Mexican or Rax.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT