ADVERTISEMENT

Best Laptop Backpack

Here u go f-boi...

442722_K2LVN_9692_001_082_0000_Light-GG-Supreme-backpack-with-Web.jpg

God I love how the Paddock goes right to insults:

"Backpack, you pussy, here' this g** shit is right up your alley"

But yea, "No" to backpacks. Be an adult and get a messenger bag.

Also, those Mission Bags look cheap. They may be a little more functional, but that's a hefty price for something that looks no better than a Jansport bag. Personally, I'd find a nice leather messenger bag that's more of a vintage piece than anything else, something you could pass down even.

Also, those Mission Bags look cheap. They may be a little more functional, but that's a hefty price for something that looks no better than a Jansport bag. Personally, I'd find a nice leather messenger bag that's more of a vintage piece than anything else, something you could pass down even.
They may look cheap, but I don’t care. They are very highly reviewed and it is not a hefty price for me.

Jansport doesn’t make anything close to what I’m looking for. I have used a messenger bag for 15 years and it does not cut it for my job anymore.

Walking a large construction site: Backpacks beat out messenger bags because they fit tighter to, and fully behind, the body.

Transporting a hard hat: It is annoying as hell with a messenger bag. It’s much easier to hang it off the back of a backpack.

Carrying half-size volumes of drawings: They will not fit in a messenger bag, are too heavy for a one shoulder carry, and rolling them on top makes for an awkward carry and still leaves them exposed to the elements.

Passing down a nice leather bag/brief/satchel: This a romantic marketing fairy tale used to sell mass produced goods to a naive and aspirational middle class. If that works for you, buy a bag that uses all of the technology 1815 had to offer. As for me, I need a tool for work not a fake antique for coffee shop cred. Learn Saarinen’s The City | Its Growth, Its Decay, Its Future.

-solid choice, joey. I like the bag in olive...its a little less "now is the time on sprockets when we dance" than the others. I would lean towards the waxed canvas version...but i know thats not your bag.

-200 bucks is not a bad deal considering its made in the good old USofA. MAGA.

-if you wish check out topodesigns.com , may be a bit too outdoorsy for you...but another quality American made product.

-u still carrying around half-sets? I woulda thought you would be all digital at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joey Rupption
How do you go about telling everyone you're an architect carrying around dwgs in a bag?

How do you go about telling everyone you're an architect carrying around dwgs in a bag?
It’s the dude in the room with the elevated sense of self-importance holding the value of poverty above the notion of “selling out”.

The barista at the elite professional’s cocktail party.

Reactions: Elbridge
The High Sierra Swerve has been serving me well for 5 years. They are about $35ish on this little website I found called www.amazon.com.

It has a rain hood, which I have never pulled out of the hidden pocket on the bottom of the bag. Never had a problem with my gear getting wet.

Last edited:
Just got the Timbuk2 Uptown and really like it. Perfect size for carryon.

Our I.T. manager uses this one or one very similar. Inexpensive, well organized, TSA friendly and many features but you are not going to be a fashion plate. Swiss Gear has a full line of these laptop backpacks.

71yP-6U6rvL._SL1000_.jpg

I use a backpack similar to that. It holds 11x17 papers and my 17" laptop, I can also stuff a change of clothes in there with it if going on an overnight trip. been pretty sturdy for me. I've used it for 5 years, Got it at Office Depot I think, work paid for it.
iu

BR-waxed-canvas-briefcase-575.jpg

Grabbed this for nearly free using the Banana Republic card (don't hate, they offer silly rewards). Nice waxed canvas, sturdy as heck. I'd love to find a vintage leather one that's been worn in.

Stance hasn't changed since 2017.. backpacks are for the gym.

Reactions: Get Bucket$
I don't know the brand but my son had one that had a rain cover that pulled out from the bottom and wrapped around the backpack like a raincoat. Pretty nice feature. I believe it had built in charging for your devices as well.

I use that exact swissgear, great bag supremely functional and sturdy, well stitched and padded.

I use a backpack similar to that. It holds 11x17 papers and my 17" laptop, I can also stuff a change of clothes in there with it if going on an overnight trip. been pretty sturdy for me. I've used it for 5 years, Got it at Office Depot I think, work paid for it.
iu
Know the actual brand and style for this one?

ADVERTISEMENT