ADVERTISEMENT

Best country music you will not hear on the radio?

Jul 4, 2015
Kentucky
I'm probably like most of you, can't stand todays country radio. I have a list of some of my favorite artist you wont hear on the radio. I'd love to get some more to listen to. The ones with an asterisk are Kentucky artists.

Sturgil Simpson*

Tyler Childers*

Dillon Carmichael*

Wheeler Walker Jr*

Halfway to Hazard* (Southern Rock)

John Moreland

Cody Jinks

Colter Wall

Last edited:
0004264948.jpg

Reactions: mailman85
Reckless Kelly

Micky and the Motorcars
Stony LaRue
Turnpike Troubadours
Cross Canadian Ragweed

Whiskey Myers
Randy Rogers
Two Tons of Steel (rockabilly but a really tight, fun band to watch live)

Last edited:
I'm probably like most of you, can't stand todays country radio. I have a list of some of my favorite artist you wont hear on the radio. I'd love to get some more to listen to. The ones with an asterisk are Kentucky artists.

Sturgil Simpson*

Tyler Childers*

Dillon Carmichael*

Wheeler Walker Jr*

John Moreland

Cody Jinks

Colter Wall

Yes a million times. This is country music. If its no t the radio and calling itself country its pop

Not the biggest Jinks fan but That's more on me than him. Need to listen to more. Not a big Walker fan at all, but I respect his grind

I've seen Moreland live probably 12-15 times. Very cool dude. Got high with him a time or two as well

Reactions: TheKentuckyKid
Yes a million times. This is country music. If its no t the radio and calling itself country its pop

Not the biggest Jinks fan but That's more on me than him. Need to listen to more. Not a big Walker fan at all, but I respect his grind

I've seen Moreland live probably 12-15 times. Very cool dude. Got high with him a time or two as well
I only listen to Jinks if I'm drinking, and Wheeler is more to make me laugh he's actually a comedian named Ben Hoffman.
600x600bb-85.jpg

If you like old country check out WFLW 95.7 app. They play nothing but old stuff. The newest thing you hear on there is some of the 90's stuff like Tracy Lawrence, Brooks and Dunn, etc.

Sturgil Simpson*

Tyler Childers*

Dillon Carmichael*

Wheeler Walker Jr*

John Moreland

Cody Jinks

Colter Wall

Outstanding post. Tyler Childers is ****ing amazing. I'd add Whitey Morgan and the 78s to this awesome list. His family is from Booneville.

Outstanding post. Tyler Childers is ****ing amazing. I'd add Whitey Morgan and the 78s to this awesome list. His family is from Booneville.

Good stuff.
We're proud of Tyler Childers here in Irvine. He's not originally from here but we've claimed him since he moved here. His wife will be playing at Ravenna Railroad Festival in Estill county here soon, I bet he will be there too.

Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT