ADVERTISEMENT

Benny is more than half way to the SEC rushing TD record.

BigBlueFanGA

All-American
Jun 14, 2005
He's only 18 behind H. Walker. Benny has a great shot at 5000+ rushing yards and 60+ rushing TD''s if he pays for 4 years. His records at UK may never be broken.

Reactions: 80 Proof
I'm happy for him but his 4th Quarter yards were empty yards. Would've preferred Rose to have gotten those carries.

As for leaving next year, I hope he goes the Chubb/Michel route and return for his senior year.

I'm happy for him but his 4th Quarter yards were empty yards. Would've preferred Rose to have gotten those carries.

As for leaving next year, I hope he goes the Chubb/Michel route and return for his senior year.
I didn't like Stoops leaving in the starters when it was clear the game was over. Let Rose and maybe even Hoak get a few snaps.

Reactions: brianpoe
Whereever his yards came from, he brought it the whole game.

I'd be willing to bet he was hit prior to the line of scrimmage 50% plus, but he pulled 10 yard gains out of thin air, repeatedly.

Reactions: mattrudd
I think he’s gone after next year

With that said, I’m sure there’s an allure to coming back for a Senior year and taking target at Herschel’s records. At minimum, if he stays all 4 years and stays healthy he’ll pass McFadden for 2nd.

Whereever his yards came from, he brought it the whole game.

I'd be willing to bet he was hit prior to the line of scrimmage 50% plus, but he pulled 10 yard gains out of thin air, repeatedly.
That run where he dragged 2-3 players to the one yard line was one of the best runs I've ever seen by a UK RB. It looked impossible.

That run where he dragged 2-3 players to the one yard line was one of the best runs I've ever seen by a UK RB. It looked impossible.

Agreed. My favorite was where the d-line got deep penetration, and Benny got bumped hard, maybe by the rear end of our O-lineman, shifted hard left, and went around the left end for ten yards. On one replay, it looked like his body was tilted more than 45 degrees, as he cut around the end . . . . like a bullet bike on a steeply inclined curve.

Reactions: screwduke1
Agreed. My favorite was where the d-line got deep penetration, and Benny got bumped hard, maybe by the rear end of our O-lineman, shifted hard left, and went around the left end for ten yards. On one replay, it looked like his body was tilted more than 45 degrees, as he cut around the end . . . . like a bullet bike on a steeply inclined curve.
He needs to be 1st team All American next year IMO. He really is that good. But because hes at UK he gets overlooked.

Put him on Bama and hes probably a 2000 yard rusher and a heisman candidate.

Benny is one of the best players in the SEC. Period.

Only 5 SEC players have rushed for over 1,000 yards in three seasons. Chubb became the fifth, against us, yesterday.

Anybody want to bet against Benny becoming the Sixth, next season?
As long as UKs run blocking stays how it is, no doubt he gets 1000+ again. Probably in the first 8-9 games.

I have absolutely no idea what Snell's plans are, but if he stays four years (and stays healthy), he's looking at a legendary collegiate career.

Sonny Collins is our all-time leading rusher with 3,835 yards. Snell would be a lock to break that (and he might get that in his 3rd season). With 29 career rush touchdowns, Snell is already #1 on Kentucky's all time list.

If Snell can average 150 yards per game over the next two (U of L and the bowl game), that would put him at 2500 yards for his career (and 1400 for the season). If he were to follow that up with two more 1400 yard seasons, he would become the #1 rusher in SEC history (to date, only one back SEC back has ever rushed for over 5,000 yards...Herschel Walker with 5,259).

Snell is 44th in SEC history in career rushing touchdowns. Tebow has the record with 57. Snell will probably finish this season with around 32, so he'd be well over halfway there.

GBB!!!

Thanks, Eric. Amazing the possibilities for Snell.

I doubt he stays four years, but who knows. Immortality might outweigh pro riches for a year.

With 29 career rush touchdowns, Snell is already #1 on Kentucky's all time list.

With two games left in his sophomore season . . . . having not played the first two games of his freshman season . . . .

He needs to be 1st team All American next year IMO. He really is that good. But because hes at UK he gets overlooked.

If UK can be a 8-9 win team with Benny getting 1500 yards and 15-20 TD’s next year, he could get an invite to New York, doubt he wins, but could at least be in the Heisman conversation, but it’s generally been a QB award of late.

Saban recruiting pitch to running backs now is that he is going to allow you limited carries to up your stock for the NFL. Said the NFL bases your status on the carries you make and not the ones you don't. Running Backs only can take so many hits in their playing window and getting hit a bunch in college is not going to do you any favors. Snell would probably be like Harris and get 1/3 of the carries he does here. Running him for garbage yards in the 4th quarter is not helping the kid.

I have absolutely no idea what Snell's plans are, but if he stays four years (and stays healthy), he's looking at a legendary collegiate career.

Sonny Collins is our all-time leading rusher with 3,835 yards. Snell would be a lock to break that (and he might get that in his 3rd season). With 29 career rush touchdowns, Snell is already #1 on Kentucky's all time list.

If Snell can average 150 yards per game over the next two (U of L and the bowl game), that would put him at 2500 yards for his career (and 1400 for the season). If he were to follow that up with two more 1400 yard seasons, he would become the #1 rusher in SEC history (to date, only one back SEC back has ever rushed for over 5,000 yards...Herschel Walker with 5,259).

Snell is 44th in SEC history in career rushing touchdowns. Tebow has the record with 57. Snell will probably finish this season with around 32, so he'd be well over halfway there.

GBB!!!
Benny has a reasonable chance at 5 more this season. Ul''s rushing D is pretty bad. I could see Benny finishing the year with 3/2. Going 2/1 is very likely.

I think he leaves after his JR year. That's a high work load/a lot of mileage for a RB these days and the NFL looks at things like that.

Jmo though
Hope he leaves after next year for his sake
Don’t honk 1200 college carries bodes well for an NFL career

ADVERTISEMENT