ADVERTISEMENT

Bennie and SJ should be able to run wild again this week

Seriously, I think you have to have the written consent of Springsteen to play any of his music. American Idol contestants in 15 years sang ONE Springsteen song, and Springsteen liked the contestant, and gave permission.

Ole Mrs. Is 126 out of 129 against the run, giving up 260 yards per game on the ground. Hopefully we only pass on 1st down one or two times all game.
Just give me 35-40 and lots of first downs...OM qb is very, very good and we will have to outscore them.

Reactions: BlueTick2
Yes, Slugger, and I'm a Springsteen fan from a long way back. He has the worst voice of a singer who gained fame, with the possible exception of Dillon (sp?)

Like a few others of the more folksy strand of music, it was the writing that carried him. His success is all the more remarkable given that he has allowed only one prominent signer to cover one of his songs . . . . Pink Cadillac.

Last edited:
Check out this string of defenses we are going up against

Run Defense Rankings

Tenn 124
Vandy 121
Ole Miss 126

Benny should rake up 600 yards in these 3 games

Offense should cure a lot of its issues.

Offensive line should be pretty damn pumped.

These guys move the ball and score points.
This game will be a shoot out.
A good running QB, you know that's trouble for UK.

Don't pencil in a win until it's a done deal.

And what happens when they put another man in the box and crowd the los? Can we hit the TE across the middle, to loosen them back up? It's going to take more than just giving the ball to Benny every down.

Yes, Slugger, and I'm a Springsteen fan from a long way back. He has the worst voice of a singer who gained fame, with the possible exception of Dillon (sp?)

Like a few others of the more folksy strand of music, it was the writing that carried him. His success is all the more remarkable given that he has allowed only one prominent signer to cover one of his songs . . . . Pink Cadillac.
Fan as well and you are right Dylan's voice is worse but then Springsteen was/is a Dylan fan.Their writing overshadows their singing ability.I have seen both in concert(Dylan multiple times) in various stages of his career and they put on a good show in different ways.

Reactions: HCaulfield
Rope a dope. We grind, there o scores quick, repeat three or four times then their defense is worn out.

Lol....gosh, I hope no coach in their right mind is thinking that.

but then Springsteen was/is a Dylan fan.Their writing overshadows their singing ability.

Yes. And both were huge fans of Woody Guthrie, and God Knows I could sing better than Guthrie . . . . but, again, writing, writing, writing.

I think Springsteen's whole career was based upon his repeated references to the restlessness of the American soul . . . . "Baby We Were Born To Run" was just his clearest expression of the same theme in half his songs. (And Guthrie . . . "I roamed and rambled, I followed my footsteps . . . .").

Hope that King can get a few carries, he has to hold onto the ball. He can get to the corner, would like to see him run the option pitch a time or two

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT