ADVERTISEMENT

Bennett AP COTY couldn’t beat a 16 seed

Be tough for Bennett/UVA to live down the f'irst 1 seed to lose to a 16' label.

Ok so its a regular season award and these dummies wait till now to announce it then? Brilliant.
Yup, like they do every year. Like in 2015 when Cal won it and we got bounced by Wisconsin the next day. I guess some of y'all think Coach K should've won that year. I guess Kevin Ollie should've won in 2014.

The criteria in college basketball for awarding such things, whether that be COY, POY, HOF, is such a joke I'm not sure why anyone would take anything seriously anymore.

Reactions: preacherfan
The criteria in college basketball for awarding such things, whether that be COY, POY, HOF, is such a joke I'm not sure why anyone would take anything seriously anymore.
Is there a criteria for it? I’m curious to see it.

Is there a criteria for it? I’m curious to see it.

I'm sure it's weighted heavily on season accomplishments.

He lost as the top overall seed to a 16. I wouldn't give him an award that insinuates the best coaching job of the year.

But instead of recognizing that, they operate like a programmed robot that was a prototype in 1988.

Reactions: Fgpoe03
when you’re style of play is shorten the game then you have a chance against any team. the problem is unless a team gets frustrated by your defense and forces bad shots any team has a chance to beat you. what stands out about umbc is they were too quick for uva although happy to slow it down. and uva could not stop them in that second half.

I'm sure it's weighted heavily on season accomplishments.

He lost as the top overall seed to a 16. I wouldn't give him an award that insinuates the best coaching job of the year.

But instead of recognizing that, they operate like a programmed robot that was a prototype in 1988.
I agree. Not sure why tourney performance isn’t weighed in as well. I believe the same for the player of the year.

Reactions: morgousky
Here's a breakdown of the votes: Bennett 50; Rick Barnes 5; Chris Holtmann 4; Chris Mack 2; Chris Beard, Eric Musselman, Nate Oats, Bruce Pearl 1 each.

Who's the only men's COY/ACC Champion/#1seed to lose to a 16 seed?

That's where this is headed! To a punch line!

Had this happened to Cal, the media would have this on their ticker for another month!

Maybe so but he had a garbage roster compared to most other power 5 schools he coached them up to a top ranked team .

I'd say he's deserving of it. Who else would be mome deserving? Only one I could think of would be Loyola's coach.

Yup, like they do every year. Like in 2015 when Cal won it and we got bounced by Wisconsin the next day. I guess some of y'all think Coach K should've won that year. I guess Kevin Ollie should've won in 2014.
Yeah sport, lets give out awards before the season is over. Makes perfect sense, right? Yeah best coach might be the team that ended up being the best. Crazy talk i know. You win a national titlle and some how you're less than best? What?

Maybe so but he had a garbage roster compared to most other power 5 schools he coached them up to a top ranked team .

I'd say he's deserving of it. Who else would be mome deserving? Only one I could think of would be Loyola's coach.

Just shows again what a joke these awards are. It is a popularity contest. Loyola had an incredible season but their coach wasn't even considered for this award.

Yeah sport, lets give out awards before the season is over. Makes perfect sense, right? Yeah best coach might be the team that ended up being the best. Crazy talk i know. You win a national titlle and some how you're less than best? What?
Yeah sport, they've only always dont the Friday before the Final Four. NFL hands out awards before the season is over too. They dont base the award on a single elimination post season tournament full of flukes.

Why are you so upset, who should win coach of the year since you never said.

Yeah sport, they've only always dont the Friday before the Final Four. NFL hands out awards before the season is over too. They dont base the award on a single elimination post season tournament full of flukes.

Why are you so upset, who should win coach of the year since you never said.
Idgaf who wins but to do give out an award before the season is over is fuqin stupid and fuq the NFL too while you're at it

ADVERTISEMENT