ADVERTISEMENT

Bengals

I am not sure which organization is worse in evaluating talent the Bengals or the Reds and I am a fan of both teams..
The Reds do have some good, young talent, however, it remains to be seen if Bell can pull it together. The number of one run games they lost this season was unreal, which comes down to the manager. Win half of those games and it's a pretty good season for them.

They definitely need a franchise QB, but they need a lot more as well.

They should trade Green when healthy and try to get more picks for the draft.

At his point in my fandom, I don't think anything they do matters as long as Mike Brown is main check signer.

I will say, Taylor hasn't been playing with all his weapons. No Green, Jonah Williams, Cordy Glenn, Ross, etc to be fair.

No idea what kind of coach Taylor can be until he at least has all the starters available.

I really wish Brown would sell the team and stop destroying what fanbase there is left.
Agreed.

If the Bengals get the first pick, I think they have to take Tua.

The do need to consider trading Green for a first round pick though and take an OL, LB, a WR, and DB (mostly safety) with every other pick they have for the rest of the draft.

Their offensive woes are 100% the result of having no OL.

Yeah they are going for TUA and LAVISKA Senault jr. Is what couple of their local media guys were saying the other day. Replace DALTON and Green in next draft.

Reactions: TNTUK
Are the Bengals taking their time sifting thru all of those first round offers they have received for AJ Green ? I mean I am sure that is the reason why they have not traded him yet, it has to be.
They're not going to trade him. Its either a resign or he walks. My money is on the latter.

Old poster returning havent checked boards in awhile and because of new phone lost old acclunt info.

You are what ylur record says you are. We are 0-6. We suck complete ass. And I understand why outsiders think its a complete rebuild and why bengala fans are tired of the garbage and think its best everything jist get blown up. But if you want to be real. This team isnt far from being great they could be in the mix for the class of the division as soon as next season. Many will think that sounds dumb. But honestly. There have been tons of decimating injuries forsure, but of all the injuries if you just had AJ green out there this team would likely be 4-2.

I refuse to believe any team with Green/Boyd/Ross/Tate at WR. Mixon/Bernard at RB. Eifert/Uzomah. Is in a rebuild. And i really believe the defense is mostly pretty stout with talent minus the absolutely miserable LB corps, I think if they werent on the field 247 theyd be pretty decent. Also. Green aint getting traded. Nor should he.

The man more times than not is the best player on the field any game he plays in, if a team offered a first rounder we still shouldnt do it because no matter what we get in return they wont make the impact green makes. Hes been out awhile and I feel like people are truly undervaluing just how dominant of a player he is due to the injuries that have kept him sidelined. But dont get it twisted these havent been by any stretch of the imagination major injuries that should alter his production upon his return. Last time he played he was the best football player on the field every game he played in, and theres no reason to believe that to not be the case upon his return.

You wanna know something that would really really set this franchise back further? Let green walk and welcome to the true dark ages of bengals football. Its no coincidence we are 1-13 in the games since his injury vs the bucs (1-14 since last season in games he didnt play the second half). And since last season we are 5-2 in games hes played. His worst game last season was vs the panthers. He had about 60 yards that game and didnt play the second half so even his worst game last season he still dominated the entire time he was on the field before his injury, dude was on pace for a record type year before the injury last season.

Stupidest thing ive ever heard lately are the suggestions bengals should trade green for picks who wont make 1/100th the impact he does. Its hard to really judge taylor right now as a play caller due to the fact the OL is so bad we cant get a run game going and that's what his system mostly relies on in order to open up everything else. Are we bad? Yes. But legit if green was out there wed likely be 4-2 right now even without all the other guys we are missing. If we had Jonah and glenn available at LT and LG this season like the plan was along with green/ross/boyd/Tate eifert and mixon on the field together (green been out and ross has also been out after showing out first few games) then this would probably be one of the elite NFL offenses.

Right now I dont see a case of a rebuild needed in any way shape or form I see more so a snakebitten roster that has put the plans for this team on hold. Once we have Jonah I think the OL will at least be decent with us being an LG away from being a really good OL (assuming Glenn is gone at least, if he stays then we just really need Jonah back for us to have a pretty solid OL). And once that happens, the LB corps will truly be the only position group on the team that needs to be revamped.

I dont want to call it an over reaction because 0-6 is just pathetic, but I feel like a lot of people have lost sight of the big picture and dont realize the pieces are in place for this roster to be something special, this is no rebuild (outside of tbe LBs), we just need the pieces suited up and ready to go. In the meantime. Lets tank and get tua. I think Andy is a good QB, and I believe if he had a run game and any protection at all along with an AJ out there that hed probably be putting up huge numbers right now like in 2015, coincidentally the last time hes had any protection whatsoever. But for a couple years now I have believed tua to eventually become the best if not then one of the best QBs of all time, and id easily sacrifice 0-16 if it meant getting tua.

The wait til next year shtick gets really damned old, but if we can get Jonah and green out there along with ross boyd and tate at the same time, then teams will need to watch out.

Last edited:
Old poster returning havent checked boards in awhile and because of new phone lost old acclunt info.

You are what ylur record says you are. We are 0-6. We suck complete ass. And I understand why outsiders think its a complete rebuild and why bengala fans are tired of the garbage and think its best everything jist get blown up. But if you want to be real. This team isnt far from being great they could be in the mix for the class of the division as soon as next season. Many will think that sounds dumb. But honestly. There have been tons of decimating injuries forsure, but of all the injuries if you just had AJ green out there this team would likely be 4-2.

I refuse to believe any team with Green/Boyd/Ross/Tate at WR. Mixon/Bernard at RB. Eifert/Uzomah. Is in a rebuild. And i really believe the defense is mostly pretty stout with talent minus the absolutely miserable LB corps, I think if they werent on the field 247 theyd be pretty decent. Also. Green aint getting traded. Nor should he.

The man more times than not is the best player on the field any game he plays in, if a team offered a first rounder we still shouldnt do it because no matter what we get in return they wont make the impact green makes. Hes been out awhile and I feel like people are truly undervaluing just how dominant of a player he is due to the injuries that have kept him sidelined. But dont get it twisted these havent been by any stretch of the imagination major injuries that should alter his production upon his return. Last time he played he was the best football player on the field every game he played in, and theres no reason to believe that to not be the case upon his return.

You wanna know something that would really really set this franchise back further? Let green walk and welcome to the true dark ages of bengals football. Its no coincidence we are 1-13 in the games since his injury vs the bucs (1-14 since last season in games he didnt play the second half). And since last season we are 5-2 in games hes played. His worst game last season was vs the panthers. He had about 60 yards that game and didnt play the second half so even his worst game last season he still dominated the entire time he was on the field before his injury, dude was on pace for a record type year before the injury last season.

Stupidest thing ive ever heard lately are the suggestions bengals should trade green for picks who wont make 1/100th the impact he does. Its hard to really judge taylor right now as a play caller due to the fact the OL is so bad we cant get a run game going and that's what his system mostly relies on in order to open up everything else. Are we bad? Yes. But legit if green was out there wed likely be 4-2 right now even without all the other guys we are missing. If we had Jonah and glenn available at LT and LG this season like the plan was along with green/ross/boyd/Tate eifert and mixon on the field together (green been out and ross has also been out after showing out first few games) then this would probably be one of the elite NFL offenses.

Right now I dont see a case of a rebuild needed in any way shape or form I see more so a snakebitten roster that has put the plans for this team on hold. Once we have Jonah I think the OL will at least be decent with us being an LG away from being a really good OL (assuming Glenn is gone at least, if he stays then we just really need Jonah back for us to have a pretty solid OL). And once that happens, the LB corps will truly be the only position group on the team that needs to be revamped.

I dont want to call it an over reaction because 0-6 is just pathetic, but I feel like a lot of people have lost sight of the big picture and dont realize the pieces are in place for this roster to be something special, this is no rebuild (outside of tbe LBs), we just need the pieces suited up and ready to go. In the meantime. Lets tank and get tua. I think Andy is a good QB, and I believe if he had a run game and any protection at all along with an AJ out there that hed probably be putting up huge numbers right now like in 2015, coincidentally the last time hes had any protection whatsoever. But for a couple years now I have believed tua to eventually become the best if not then one of the best QBs of all time, and id easily sacrifice 0-16 if it meant getting tua.

The wait til next year shtick gets really damned old, but if we can get Jonah and green out there along with ross boyd and tate at the same time, then teams will need to watch out.

"This team isnt far from being great they could be in the mix for the class of the division as soon as next season."
Good post but I take exception with this. Unlike owners of other franchises....NE, Dallas, maybe Pittsburgh to a degree....whose ownership focuses on being a championship team, the bengals and Reds ownership simply longs to be competitive.
We've read accounts of the Reds ownership in the past knowingly drafting less talented players because they didn't want to pay salaries demanded by more talented players (Schott era). Since then, things have changed somewhat with the draft, with each first round position (for all intents and purposes demanding a specific contract...but still, it's apparent that the Browns are NOT dedicated to putting a champion on the field to the point of doing whatever is necessary to have a championship team. Nor are the Reds owners.
For the bengals, it's not a matter of having the money. They are just not willing to spend it. Look at coaching hires over the years. Neither consistently go after top-notch, high dollar coaches/managers, generally speaking. There have been rare exceptions.

I will love the Reds even if the go 0-162, but the bengals have done little to give me reason to be a fan.

ADVERTISEMENT