ADVERTISEMENT

Bengals

I listened to the game while in my car for a bit, sounded like there were about 50 fans in attendance, have heard bigger ovations at senior golf tournaments.

Reactions: KYNC89
I listened to the game while in my car for a bit, sounded like there were about 50 fans in attendance, have heard bigger ovations at senior golf tournaments.
I saw a “highlight” of the game while watching Ravens - Steelers and there were definitely many empty seats.

They definitely need a franchise QB, but they need a lot more as well.

They should trade Green when healthy and try to get more picks for the draft.

At his point in my fandom, I don't think anything they do matters as long as Mike Brown is main check signer.

I will say, Taylor hasn't been playing with all his weapons. No Green, Jonah Williams, Cordy Glenn, Ross, etc to be fair.

No idea what kind of coach Taylor can be until he at least has all the starters available.

I really wish Brown would sell the team and stop destroying what fanbase there is left.

I think we really are the worst team in the league. Not convinced we beat Miami.

You’re not even close to being the worst team in the league. At least the Bengals have been competitive in the 3 of their 5 games. My Dolphins are absolutely pitiful, and they are deliberately tanking which is an embarrassment. To be out scored in their 4 games 163-26 is disgraceful and indicative of what a horrible franchise the Dolphins have become. At one time, Miami was one of the premier franchises in the NFL. Right now, they are a laughing stock.

Last edited:
You’re not even close to being the worst team in the league. At least the Bengals have been competitive in the 3 of their 5 games. My Dolphins are absolutely pitiful, and they are deliberately tanking which is an embarrassment. To be out scored in their 4 games 163-26 is disgraceful and indicative of what a horrible franchise the Dolphins have become. At one time, Miami was one of the premiere franchises in the NFL. Right now, they are a laughing stock.
Oh Im not upset, I expected us to be awful this year. We have a lot of issues to fix. But the Dolphins seems to show a little more fight each week. By the time we play Xmas weekend y'all might get us down in Miami.

By the time we play Cincy, I fully expect Miami to be sitting at 0-14. With that being the case, there will be no way they would jeopardize losing the #1 pick. They will lay down in that game. I think it is criminal what the organization is doing. If I were a season ticket holder in Miami, I would be asking for my money back.

Nah, I figure the Broncos will still find a way to lose. And Elway will draft yet another QB. Not Tagovailoa though. That would be a smart pick.

Your Broncos look good today against the Chargers and are better than their record indicates. I don’t think they will be in the sweepstakes for the #1 pick.

Dolphins probably worst. Bengals have been in a few games without a few key guys. BENGALS 3 - 13. Dolphins 2 - 14. True separation. BENGALS vs Redskins for worst owner.. pickem

Bengals have been easy money on the moneyline bet to lose all season, 5-0. Take that money to the bank baby.

Reactions: CB3UK
The Steelers May be in the hunt for the overall number one pick too. They’re down to their 3rd option at QB.

The Bengals need a mahomes, murray type mobile qb, who could that be in the next draft?

My Dolphins May end up being the only team ever in professional sports to have an undefeated season and a totally defeated season. Only way it doesn’t happen is if the Bengals and Dolphins play to a 0-0 tie! That would suck even more!

Reactions: TIE543
I wouldn't draft Tua with the 1st pick. The Bengals have too many other needs, along the lines of scrimmage. I don't see Tua as a franchise quarterback.
I tend to agree. We need to finish fixing the OL and revamp the secondary first and foremost. We have a great front 4 on D. Id much rather spend the next draft or two focusing on all of those key positions, bolster the trenches, resign AJ, and then worry about Andys replacement.

Andy isnt the answer, but he can get us to the playoffs if we have everything else squared away. Do that and then go get his replacement.

Nah, I figure the Broncos will still find a way to lose. And Elway will draft yet another QB. Not Tagovailoa though. That would be a smart pick.
I'd rather have Trevor Lawrence over Tua. Either way, the Bengals have a chance to draft an elite player but watch Brown find a way to screw it up. I'm not sure what the answer is but the team needs a complete overhaul.

Reactions: Cawood86
I gave up the NFL and could care less about the team I rooted for since their very first season. Mike Brown is only interested in making money is my opinion. As long as he can do that and lose, then they will keep on losing

Reactions: Pulaski Cat Fan
I saw a “highlight” of the game while watching Ravens - Steelers and there were definitely many empty seats.

"Official" attendance was 46,012, 20,000 empty seats, and just a few thousand more than UC packed in on Friday night at Nippert vs UCF. Reds and Bengal fan bases are growing really tired of "wait til next year"

Reactions: blubo
The one poster that said trade AJ Green, well unfortunately he is too old and suffered a few injuries to get anything back. Nobody will give up anything of value for a rental with a high salary. MIGHT get a 4th or 5th round pick.

Bengals need to do what the Cowboys did a few years back. It is not the sexy, wave making choice, but build the OLine first and protect what QB you do have. Amazing how a good offensive line will make the RB's, WR's and average QB look. They have some talent (Mixon, Ross, Boyd), just need to get someone to block and keep the QB upright. You can't really tell how good / bad the defense is, they are on the field a ton and eventually wear down. When the Cowboys got Elliott after they established the offensive line, the defense suddenly looked better. They where fresh at the end of the game and because the offense controlled the clock, they where masked a bit because they where not on the field a ton.

I gave up the NFL and could care less about the team I rooted for since their very first season. Mike Brown is only interested in making money is my opinion. As long as he can do that and lose, then they will keep on losing
I left the area 35 years ago.Then we had to deal with his dad Paul Brown.The Apple never fell from the tree.

Reactions: Cawood86
"Official" attendance was 46,012, 20,000 empty seats, and just a few thousand more than UC packed in on Friday night at Nippert vs UCF. Reds and Bengal fan bases are growing really tired of "wait til next year"
I’m one of those fans. I have no interest in watching the game this coming Sunday. I’ll use my Sunday ticket to watch the other games, the ones that actually matter.

I’ve been a devout Bengals fan for my entire life. I’ve never seen them or the Reds advance in the postseason. It’s just not worth watching and investing emotionally into anymore. The Reds seem to be somewhat on the track. The Bengals aren’t on a track at all it appears. I suspect we’ll start seeing some 2012 Vandy crowds at the remaining Bengals home games this season. My hope is that the empty seats and dying fan base will force Mike Brown to make some changes and try to compete. I doubt it’ll happen, and that’s why I won’t watch anymore this season.

Reactions: Tskware
1st round pick, but,,,,,,,,,,,,,

1. Would have to be healthy (see comments about injuries)
2. AJ would have to renegotiate his contract (see comments about salary too high)

So what you are saying is, if he is healthy (he is not), and IF he would play for less money (why would he, he has a fat contract with the Bengals), then a team MIGHT offer a 1st round pick. Of course they would. He can / would help a contender as he is still one of the best in the game. Boy, you nailed that one. But let it all happen, then come thump your chest and say you was right. Until then, he is a past his prime, injured, highly paid WR that is still WHEN HEALTHY, one of the best in the game. I am sure teams are lining up to trade their first round pick for a huge gamble.

Funny how you left out a few minor details of the article.

If they try to draft a qb, they will whiff. IMO, should they get the first pick, trade it for multiple draft picks. Heck, call Peyton Manning. I heard he was still interested in playing.

Reactions: Pulaski Cat Fan
Until that bastard Mike Brown is dead and in hell the Bengals won't be worth a damn.

Bung holes will NEVER win the SB. They are cursed and rightfully so for depriving us of the opportunity to watch Bo have a full career.

I tend to agree. We need to finish fixing the OL and revamp the secondary first and foremost. We have a great front 4 on D. Id much rather spend the next draft or two focusing on all of those key positions, bolster the trenches, resign AJ, and then worry about Andys replacement.

Andy isnt the answer, but he can get us to the playoffs if we have everything else squared away. Do that and then go get his replacement.
Lawrence the next season would be nice

The one poster that said trade AJ Green, well unfortunately he is too old and suffered a few injuries to get anything back. Nobody will give up anything of value for a rental with a high salary. MIGHT get a 4th or 5th round pick.

Bengals need to do what the Cowboys did a few years back. It is not the sexy, wave making choice, but build the OLine first and protect what QB you do have. Amazing how a good offensive line will make the RB's, WR's and average QB look. They have some talent (Mixon, Ross, Boyd), just need to get someone to block and keep the QB upright. You can't really tell how good / bad the defense is, they are on the field a ton and eventually wear down. When the Cowboys got Elliott after they established the offensive line, the defense suddenly looked better. They where fresh at the end of the game and because the offense controlled the clock, they where masked a bit because they where not on the field a ton.
I agree but the Bengals have been investing in quite a few high picked OL- problem is, most of them have sucked. Perhaps they should just splurge on FAs who they already know aren't busts- then again, if they do that, those guys will either get hurt or bust anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT