ADVERTISEMENT

Ben Simmons to Possibly Get $100 Million Shoe Deal

1.) Cart
2.) Horse

Anybody able to design a limited-edition NIT version shoe?

Link

Comfortable walking shoe since he doesn't try on defense?

1353326181-35835000.jpg

It's a good investment.

Everyone wants to hype him so badly that it hurts. OMG WHAT A CHEST PASS. He threw that pass like he's been passing all his life.

Skal would later throw an equally good chest pass. Not one mention.

Sonny is about as relevant to the shoe market today as Oscar Combs is to insider info for UK. Twenty years ago they were still in touch, but these days they are not needed and just begging for someone to ask them for an opinion. Simmons might get a big deal, but his skill set is nothing like Lebron's coming out of high school. Not a threat to shoot from 3, good passer, and can finish at the rim. $100 million?

Reactions: ukalum1988
Sonny Vaccaro is senile. Knock a zero off that and we'll talk.

How many 100 million dollar shoe deals can there possibly be? Ridiculously over priced.

Wiggins got $12 million. Simmons won't sniff $100 mil.

Sonny is about as relevant to the shoe market today as Oscar Combs is to insider info for UK. Twenty years ago they were still in touch, but these days they are not needed and just begging for someone to ask them for an opinion. Simmons might get a big deal, but his skill set is nothing like Lebron's coming out of high school. Not a threat to shoot from 3, good passer, and can finish at the rim. $100 million?

I'd agree LeBron was better, but their descriptions are very similar. Great athletes, great passers, can't shoot.

The dude has no jumper and no brains, why would you want millions of big blue nation fans pissed off at you over your trashing of Ulis. I ain't buying them shoes and I am going to particularly relish seeing him fail at next level.

Can't wait to find out which company is stupid enough to pay this kind of cabbage to a punk kid like Simmons, at which point I'll make a note not to buy it.

I'd agree LeBron was better, but their descriptions are very similar. Great athletes, great passers, can't shoot.
What? Did you ever see Lebron play in high school. I can't stand Lebron,, but wow, he was light years above Simmons.

Reactions: 420grover
What? Did you ever see Lebron play in high school. I can't stand Lebron,, but wow, he was light years above Simmons.

I said he was better.

Simmons plays a lot like him though. Simmons may not be LeBron great, but he's going to be a superstar.

Labron wasn't much of a shooter coming out out high school. Simmons is bigger, quicker, and a better rebounder. His shooting will improve, just like Labrons did. He's just as good a prospect. Will he end up as good as Labron? Probably not, but you never know.,

Sonny Vaccaro is senile. Knock a zero off that and we'll talk.

You are both insanely wrong

Simmons does not seem that popular by fans, even with the hype machine. He's not very charismatic. He's not getting a 100m shoe deal.
He's not going to be a superstar in the nba and isn't half the athlete Lebron was.

You are both insanely wrong

Coming from someone who said Cal was 100% lock to be coaching in the NBA this year, I'll take your opinion with a grain of salt.

Shoe companies aren't handing out $100 mil deals to rookies anymore.

If he goes to the Lakers he will get a bump, but his first deal will not sniff the $100 million range.

Everyone is setting this kid up to be a bust...I haven't seen hysteria like this for a player since Lebron coming out...Never really understood it...yeah he's really good...yes he has great potential...

nothing I saw this season led me to believe that he is the second coming...and $100 million shoe deals are reserved for the very upper crust...I don't think there was ever talk about that kind of deal for KAT and he's a skilled big, who went 38-1, and is one of the best young players in the league...

he didn't really elevate LSU in the SEC where there aren't a lot of 6'10 skilled bigs or great teams...how is he going to elevate the 76ers in a league that is full of them?

didn't crack first team all america...not going to make the tourney...

again, not saying the kid isn't really good and that he won't be something big in the league...just saying at this point with all the hype that was put on him, he is really going to have to be great...

Coming from someone who said Cal was 100% lock to be coaching in the NBA this year, I'll take your opinion with a grain of salt.

Shoe companies aren't handing out $100 mil deals to rookies anymore.

If he goes to the Lakers he will get a bump, but his first deal will not sniff the $100 million range.

LOL when did I ever say Cal was 100% lock? Ohhh...I know when, it was never.

LOL when did I ever say Cal was 100% lock? Ohhh...I know when, it was never.

You said you had hoped we would have him for 2-3 more years but it's not happening.

You tried to make a bet with another poster that you would delete your account if Cal stayed this year.

Own it man! Everyone overreacts from time to time.

yeah he played on a terrible team for a terrible coach. He didn't go to class, he was a sore loser, but I can't hate or feel bad for the kid cause he's gonna be F.U. rich in a couple months....poor kid.

You said you had hoped we would have him for 2-3 more years but it's not happening.

You tried to make a bet with another poster that you would delete your account if Cal stayed this year.

Own it man! Everyone overreacts from time to time.

I don't recall that at all, doesn't sound like something I would say.

I thought it was funny in the UK game the analysts wanted to brag on Simmons but struggled to have anything to brag about. At one point he got a defensive rebound and threw the ball ahead to a guard (not an assist, just a normal play moving the ball up the court). The analyst said look at the way he looked and ahead and threw that pass with 2 hands. Are you kidding me? Call it like it is. Simmons is a great talent but had a bad game. He play uninspired and would have had a terrible game if the refs had not got him points at the free throw line with touch fouls.

I think Simmons will be a good NBA player, but he better learn how to shoot and play defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT