ADVERTISEMENT

Ben Howland: "Tennessee Is The Best Team In The SEC"

Bemax dominated Michigan from the tip
Bemax.. the best team we played and smoked them like a BBQ piggie

Also I'm going on the fact Michigan is a preseason top 25 program this year too. Maybe they are way over rated but it is what it is... We were impressive in the bahammas
Agree the Cats were impressive in the Bahama's and Michigan will be decent I suppose, they do have Charles Matthews, but this is all about B Howland, and in his opinion UT is the team to beat.

By SEC he might have meant the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Vols gonna tear that Rec League up this year.

Exactly. Their one area of dominance is totally nullified by this UK team. In fact, I think it is now in our favor, not to mention the change in our shooting. Ben is going to be in for a rude awakening - so is UT.

What awakening?
He died when they kicked his sorry ass out of California.
As far as I'm concerned he can take his opinion and shove it.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
They might be.

Shit, who knows.

2013 UK was getting #1 preseason votes.

He's certainly entitled to his opinion, and there are valid reasons to listen to his point of view. I think I could completely agree with him if he said, "Until someone beats them and proves that they're not the best, they're the defending champion, so they're the team to beat." I have no disagreement with that statement.

I would hasten to add... this Kentucky team not only has great returning players, it also has elite incoming recruits and an elite grad transfer with scoring balance all over the floor and guys built to defend Tennessee, unlike last season. So, while I would agree with the premise, in principle, there are exceptions to the rule.

We'll see Ben, we'll see. :D

The man is entitled to his opinion, no matter how wrong said opinion is. Tennessee is gonna be a top ten team this year but UK is considerably better, IMO.

So, if you take both the ex Tennessee coaches in the SEC, Martin, Pearl.. Do you think they could do better with this team than Rick Barnes? He has underachieved with some pretty hyped teams, with really good players.. But he has also overachieved with, some not so good talent..

The man is entitled to his opinion, no matter how wrong said opinion is. Tennessee is gonna be a top ten team this year but UK is considerably better, IMO.

Think Williams will fold trying to go against this Kentucky team.. He was a sopohmore and SEC POTY, last season, still could barely handle a freshman PJ.. Admiral Schofield could play against anyone in the country and dominate, would love to have him at UK!!

That is his opinion and he is not far from being right. I think it is UK and then UT right behind. This UT team would have kicked last years UK team's butt, because they will be so physical. However, after seeing the Cats handle the really physical team in the Bahamas, UT will not be nearly as physical and I liked how this team punched back. Physicality should not bother this team, and I think we will get up for UT and handle them both games.

Pretty excited that games will settle this and not Howland’s opinion.

Don’t be offended by opinions that don’t affect anything.

ADVERTISEMENT