ADVERTISEMENT

Bell off the team?

Yeah that sucks. Hope it's nothing major he can't come back from or at least get a new start somewhere else. Seems like a good kid.

Hate to hear this. Hope he does not face some legal trouble as well. Loss of scholarship is enough of a problem at that age. Any rumblings as to cause?

Hate to hear this. Hope he does not face some legal trouble as well. Loss of scholarship is enough of a problem at that age. Any rumblings as to cause?

Just got an alert on my phone from a sports app source saying he has been dismissed from team for violation of team rules and I don't think they reveal those types of things, privacy of student issue I think.

Sucks to hear about Bell. Losing him hurts depth but I dont know how much off an impact he would have made this year recovering from knee surgery.

Hate to hear this, but better now than right before the season starts. We have to get the young kids ready now.

Dang it, my heart sunk when I saw this. We need an injury and stupidity free offseason. This is a huge year and we need all hands on deck. I liked what I saw of him in spots last year. Really disappointing news.

Hate to hear this for any player. BUT, football teams as a whole (I'm painting with very broad strokes) have been living like they're above the law. (Again, that's a very general statement.)

Hate it for the kid and it certainly couldn't be at a worse position for the team. Kudos to Stoops for making a decisive, yet difficult decision. I hope this sets the tone for the team as they move ahead.

Reactions: CB3UK
If you recall Alvonte Bell tore his ACL and MCL in bowl game injury and had surgery. It was a long shot that he'd play anyway. Still, hate to see it for someone who overcame a lot to play.

Reactions: *Bleedingblue*
Maybe he lost concern for team rules after recognizing he was losing ground quickly. I feel pretty good about the youth movement at DE.

Better it happened now than just before the opener, At least they will get time to evaluate some step ups.

He knew the rules, whats bad is that he was a starter. Kentucky has always had it's share of these things too and lost some good players with loads of potential. How did he make it this far and now this, I don't understand.

Sucks to hear about Bell. Losing him hurts depth but I dont know how much off an impact he would have made this year recovering from knee surgery.
I wasn't expecting much from him this year because of that injury. He could of been help down the stretch if we had injuries at DE. He was looking at 4th on the depth chart going into fall camp though.

I hate to hear this about this young man. He overcame much adversity just to get here and for it to end this way makes me feel bad for him. I wish him the best in the future for both his personal and football endeavors. Is he the last "Joker" recruit still on the team. And yes, i know that Stoops signed him, but so did Joker!

This is why you over sign every year. We are now at 83 schollies (84 if you count Luke Wright). We lose usually 7-10 guys every off season for various reasons. 2-3 will get booted, 2-3 will give up football for medical reasons and 2-3 will transfer. I know Stoops is a stand up guy and this was the first class where he oversigned. If he hadn't we would be down to about 75 scholly players. Glad he learned from the past.

This is why you over sign every year. We are now at 83 schollies (84 if you count Luke Wright). We lose usually 7-10 guys every off season for various reasons. 2-3 will get booted, 2-3 will give up football for medical reasons and 2-3 will transfer. I know Stoops is a stand up guy and this was the first class where he oversigned. If he hadn't we would be down to about 75 scholly players. Glad he learned from the past.

I don't think those who leave team for medical reasons lose their scholly and still count against the 85.

BUT, you are 100% right about natural reduction of team size. Previously, losing 1-2 key players would be a death knell to UK. Never want to lose good players, but I'm hoping this is where we see 3-4 good recruiting classes in a roll begin to pay dividends.

Someone else mentioned Paschal as a possible replacement. Any word on why he's not on campus? Hoping he gets on campus soon.

Hate it for depth puposes, but he wasn't gonna beat out TJ Carter at DE. Add in Paschal and we will b alright

Yeah Carter showed spurts last year. If Paschal is as good as advertised we should be ok. But then we're in a position of where one injury could spell disasyer. And giving Paschal a RS year coulda been huge down the rd. Not sayin he's gonna need it but it woulda been a luxury we never woulda had in the past.

I don't think those who leave team for medical reasons lose their scholly and still count against the 85.

BUT, you are 100% right about natural reduction of team size. Previously, losing 1-2 key players would be a death knell to UK. Never want to lose good players, but I'm hoping this is where we see 3-4 good recruiting classes in a roll begin to pay dividends.

Someone else mentioned Paschal as a possible replacement. Any word on why he's not on campus? Hoping he gets on campus soon.

Thought I read where Paschal made it on campus yesterday. Think they're just waiting on Bowden and one or two more now.

This should also be an instructive moment for other players down on the depth chart who consider transferring b/c they don't get the playing time they feel they deserve. You are always an injury or a violation of team rules away from getting a chance to move up. Keep up the hard work, and be ready when and if you get your chance.

Paschal is not ready to play. He needs a year on the weights, per JR around signing day.

Since this is a thread about guys leaving.... Did the Hatcher kid get a pro gig?
I had high expectations for him (see what I did there?).....

Anyone heard this or know what happened?
Hate it when this happens to any player. It's particularly unfortunate in this case because Bell had to go to juco, then redshirt, and is now rehabbing a serious injury. That's a long path. So from Bell's of view, it's a disaster. But he knew the rules. Hope he lands on his feet. From the team's point of view, TJ Carter has the straightest path to the starting job with Kengera Daniel and Calvin Taylor also figuring at the position (and maybe Josh Paschal). Carter won the job in April, and probably would have nailed down the position anyway by the time Bell fully recovered from his injury. But Bell would still have seen the field plenty. Unfortunate.

Hate it when this happens to any player. It's particularly unfortunate in this case because Bell had to go to juco, then redshirt, and is now rehabbing a serious injury. That's a long path. So from Bell's of view, it's a disaster. But he knew the rules. Hope he lands on his feet. From the team's point of view, TJ Carter has the straightest path to the starting job with Kengera Daniel and Calvin Taylor also figuring at the position (and maybe Josh Paschal). Carter won the job in April, and probably would have nailed down the position anyway by the time Bell fully recovered from his injury. But Bell would still have seen the field plenty. Unfortunate.

He's had a tough road for sure. Being a Sr and having already used a RS year and a transfer I'm guessing this is the end of football for him. Hate it for the guy.

Ugh damn. Stupid stuff, how hard is it to do what is expected of you? All these young men hear is how they are 1 in a million, lucky, privledged, have the world at their finger tips. Nothing worse than hearing this crap.

By this time in Alvonte's life he should know better. He let his family,coaches, teamates, team, and fans down but most importantly he let his self down. He rightfully earned this criticism, we needed him totally uncalled for, and unnecessary.

So what was the team rules violation? Has anything been confirmed or is it just speculation?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT