ADVERTISEMENT

Beginning of a Dynasty

etownblue25

Sophomore
Jul 30, 2008
I know this is way premature and I usually don't speculate like this but I really feel like this class will be the foundation of Cals greatest run so far. Its a perfect mix of one and done /elite talent with high end 2 and 3 year ball players. I think the table is set for a 3-4 and possibly longer run with more than a couple of championships sprinkled in.

I know this is way premature and I usually don't speculate like this but I really feel like this class will be the foundation of Cals greatest run so far. Its a perfect mix of one and done /elite talent with high end 2 and 3 year ball players. I think the table is set for a 3-4 and possibly longer run with more than a couple of championships sprinkled in.
And I will win the lottery.

I sure hope your right on the championships, because 2 more has UK nipping at UCLA's heels and puts more distance between them and the rest.

I think his current run is already one the greatest runs ever by a coach.

1 Title
2 Title Games
4 Final Fours
6 Elite Eights

All of that in a span of 8 years (especially with a new roster every year) is very impressive/ dynasty type of a run. I understand what you're saying, and I feel we could be poised for more success in the upcoming years with Coach K, Roy, Pitino, Izzo, all seem to be in the twilight of their careers and our recruiting could see a boost (is that even possible?) with Cal coaching the under 19 Team USA team. It will still be hard to have much more success than we've had in Cal's 1st 8 seasons tho.

Last edited:

Yeah but with great success comes that dreaded word, "potential."

Did Higgins announce his retirement?!

I think his current run is already one the greatest runs ever by a coach.

1 Title
2 Title Games
4 Final Fours
5 Elite Eights

All of that in a span of 8 years (especially with a new roster every year) is very impressive/ dynasty type of a run. I understand what you're saying, and I feel we could be poised for more success in the upcoming years with Coach K, Roy, Pitino, Izzo, all seem to be in the twilight of their careers and our recruiting could see a boost (is that even possible?) with Cal coaching the under 19 Team USA team. It will still be hard to have much more success than we've had in Cal's 1st 8 seasons tho.
Not bad at all.

Keep dreaming, Cal can recuit but can't coach

This is a down year for one and dones. Maybe 5 in the class. The good part for Kentucky, you landed one in Knox and may land another in Bamba. With Gabriel and SKJ back, why the pessimism? Why not go for the gold this year?

Really???...wow!!!

I completely agree. The best is yet to come. Calipari + kentucky is a match made in heaven. I think he coaches here til he's 75

It's not a dynasty until at least 4-5 key guys return and don't count on that happening. The trend here is literally one and done. Hell, look at Humphries, the year he became eligible, he bolted. I think Cal gets one more championship at UK and will need another version of AD/MKG for that to happen.

This is a down year for one and dones. Maybe 5 in the class. The good part for Kentucky, you landed one in Knox and may land another in Bamba. With Gabriel and SKJ back, why the pessimism? Why not go for the gold this year?

Yeah but it's a weak draft therefore a lot of freshmen who aren't thought of as one and dones that will throw their name in the draft because there will be open slots. Expect at least 4-5 of our guys to go although only 1-2 should (If we get Bamba).

Reactions: Cychologist
I thought that was a Tv show. I think you are right sir just joking.

Back to back titles...it's coming!

emmy_zps0ipmofhq.jpg

Win two straight NCAA championships in a row and you can begin talking about a new UK dynasty.
^^ this

we have a lot of potential though; but have to NOT get hopes up too high. This incoming class is pretty phenomenal, but at the same time, we never know how a player is going to pan out.
And, honestly - can never count on a 2-3 year player will actually STAY for 2-3 years, anymore.

Keep dreaming, Cal can recuit but can't coach

Yeah... there's not one of the coach in college basketball that can win with young Talent the way he does year-in and year-out not one.

Coach Izzo and Coach K are making Cal look great!

Have to agree with OP on this. We have supreme talent next year and only 1-2 one and dones. More may go, but I can't see it (yes, I know how it goes here NBA wise).

Combine those with the great shape we look in next years loaded class, and UK may get an even better stretch than what we are on now the next 3 years

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
^^ this

we have a lot of potential though; but have to NOT get hopes up too high. This incoming class is pretty phenomenal, but at the same time, we never know how a player is going to pan out.
And, honestly - can never count on a 2-3 year player will actually STAY for 2-3 years, anymore.
Come On BKO get your hopes up right now. We got Bamba, don't worry. So Come On get with the program and band wagon. Don't hold back, we got Cal.

Reactions: Bkocats
Dynasty's are things you talk about in the past-tense or in the middle of. Certainly not beforehand. That's called speculation.
The opportunity to do great things is certainly there. But, we have already missed on a few Championships that were there for the taking.
If we could win just one more while Cal is here, I'd be happy.

Oh, BTW there isn't any way Cal is still coaching at UK when he's 75. LOL!

When will y'all learn. We will have at least 6 departures for the NBA next year. It doesn't mater if they're ready. They come to UK to compete one year for a National Championship. Vanderbilt, Knox, Bamba(potentially) Diallo(potentially) Green, Washington, Gabriel and possibly SKJ all are gone.If we get Cam Johnson and he shoots lights out, he's gone too. My God, we lost Briscoe and Hump this year. No way wil Gabriel or Skj stick around.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
It's not a dynasty until at least 4-5 key guys return and don't count on that happening. The trend here is literally one and done. Hell, look at Humphries, the year he became eligible, he bolted. I think Cal gets one more championship at UK and will need another version of AD/MKG for that to happen.
When will y'all learn. We will have at least 6 departures for the NBA next year. It doesn't mater if they're ready. They come to UK to compete one year for a National Championship. Vanderbilt, Knox, Bamba(potentially) Diallo(potentially) Green, Washington, Gabriel and possibly SKJ all are gone.If we get Cam Johnson and he shoots lights out, he's gone too. My God, we lost Briscoe and Hump this year. No way wil Gabriel or Skj stick around.

So if we have a great season what will be your complaint? You don't sound happy?

I am very happy. It's just funny to talk about a dynasty. That will never happen with the current NCAA rules. If that's the case , North Carolina should be considered in better shape for a "dynasty". They have 3 National Championships in10 years and back to back championship games. Could easily be back to back if not for a desperation 3.

I am very happy. It's just funny to talk about a dynasty. That will never happen with the current NCAA rules. If that's the case , North Carolina should be considered in better shape for a "dynasty". They have 3 National Championships in10 years and back to back championship games. Could easily be back to back if not for a desperation 3.

As long as scouts look at our players differently in the potential bracket then most other teams we will have players leave that are borderline, and will leave for the money. Wish the rules would change but with the pros getting the better of the deals they won't want to change them.

Bottom line, if you really look at our teams since Cal has been here we have went as far as the talent has taken us, it's sure not his X & O's he is really not a good Coach

Bottom line, if you really look at our teams since Cal has been here we have went as far as the talent has taken us, it's sure not his X & O's he is really not a good Coach

Coaches basically an entirely brand new set of players to Elite Eight or better finishes more often than not.

Yeah, he sucks as a coach.

Reactions: CoachZ77
Coaches basically an entirely brand new set of players to Elite Eight or better finishes more often than not.

Yeah, he sucks as a coach.

When it comes down to when the game is on the line and what has to be done Cal. doesn't know what to do most of the time we go as far as the talent take us sorry

When it comes down to when the game is on the line and what has to be done Cal. doesn't know what to do most of the time we go as far as the talent take us sorry

You wouldn't be saying any of this if you were not

1. A rival fan posing as a UK fan, trying your trolling best

and/or

2. Completely ignoring multiple, momentum changing calls by an incredibly inept or completely corrupt official that played a big part in all the games' outcomes you're conveniently blaming on 'your' coach.

ADVERTISEMENT