ADVERTISEMENT

Beau Allen

Bill Ransdell , Rick Norton , Mike Fanuzzi and Billy Jack Haskins did pretty well in my lifetime

Reactions: cat888
We havent had a QB like Gatewood since Lorenzen.
Stoops is loyal to a fault.
Cant wait for Joey to light up Jawja...

Heard the same thing about Drew Barker, Patrick Towles, Morgan Newton, I could go on and on. I don't get my hopes up until they prove they can perform at a high level in the SEC. Woodson, Lorenzen, and Couch are the only UK Quarterbacks that could in my lifetime.
Hell, people were calling for Amani Gilmore to get snaps last year.

I would add Mike Hartline his senior year to your list of QB’s.

Reactions: Mr.Morris
Hell, people were calling for Amani Gilmore to get snaps last year.

I would add Mike Hartline his senior year to your list of QB’s.
That kid must have been REALLY bad . Only healthy quarterback on the team and still couldn’t get in the game .

If by 2 4-stars and a 5-star you mean 2 4-stars and a 3-star, then you’re right. No 5 star QB’s on this roster.

As for Allen, he’s our future, but you 100% give Joey the first shot. You don’t throw a first year QB to the wolves unless he is your absolute best option, and I don’t think he is.
I thought Gatewod was a 5-star, top 50 recruit out of high school. After losing the job at Auburn to Nix (true freshman), he transferred and was listed as a 3 star.

I thought Gatewod was a 5-star, top 50 recruit out of high school. After losing the job at Auburn to Nix (true freshman), he transferred and was listed as a 3 star.
Transfers don’t get stars. He was a 4 star by ESPN, Rivals and 247.

On Rivals, he was 62 overall (still a very good ranking) and the top 33 guys were 5 stars.

If he was defense, I would put some credit on what Coach Stoops said. Since he is a QB, I would trust Gran or Hinshaw a lot more. Coach Stoops never seen a throwing QB he liked. I would like to see Gatewood get a full half playing, not just a couple of snaps.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!
I like the way Stoops Recruits and Coaches Defense but I think he needs to let his Offensive Coaches Coach offense.

Both Gatewood and Allen should get a shot. This season is basically a bit of a throwaway...feels like an exhibition with all the BS. Treat it as such.
Well said plus whoever agrees we should play at least 9 SEC games going forward needs their Covaid mask checked for the green stuff!

Last edited:
Reactions: cat888
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT