ADVERTISEMENT

Beat Kansas Saturday and we could be in the middle of a 9 win streak

ganner918

All-American
Mar 13, 2004
Gotta get this one Saturday to get to 5, but then the next 4 games are ones we should expect to win if we keep on the track we're on (and NEED to win for our tournament/seeding chances given the tougher run of 6 games at the end of the season). Get this one and we very well might be sitting at 19-6 and ranked.

Was about to post this. Can't look ahead and especially in the SEC. MSU almost beat Bama last night in Tuscaloosa. There are no gimme games in this conference this year. I think SC taught me that we can lose to anyone any night.
And beating #4 UT on Rocky Top should have taught you we can beat anyone too.

The difference Orcat is that we were without Toppin and Wallace (2 starters) v the Gamecocks and still had a chance to tie at the buzzer.

How many games has UK lost when fully heathy? ie Toppin out, Frederick out, Wheeler out or Wallace out?

Last edited:
Gotta get this one Saturday to get to 5, but then the next 4 games are ones we should expect to win if we keep on the track we're on (and NEED to win for our tournament/seeding chances given the tougher run of 6 games at the end of the season). Get this one and we very well might be sitting at 19-6 and ranked.
Honestly, looking at the schedule we could be favored in the rest of our games.

The Benny Five will see to it:

We've lost 2 games each month this season. If that holds we'll finish 25-10.

The game Saturday against Kansas may be our hardest game we have played this season. They will be coming in Rupp for revenge because of the way we defeated them last year. We need to play our best game to win this one.
Agreed. Plus Self has never lost 4 straight while at KU.
That said and most of the guys who played in that game last yr are gonzo. Wont be much to the revenge factor either way.
Kentucky by 1.

We had players out in 3 of our 6 Ls:
V Mizzou Frederick dislocated his finger early on only played 6 min.
V Bama CJ was out
V South Carolina Toppin was out and Wallace only played 8 min w/back spasms

Reactions: Kentucky2022
The team seemed to have a lot of turmoil then Also, seems they have fixed whatever issues they had plus not playing wheeler as much has helped tremendously with spacing..
V Bama CJ was out

Reactions: HerrosHeroes
It does seem UK’s schedule is pretty favorable to end the year. Last few years it has been pretty brutal, but a lot of home games and the road games all look manageable- can’t overlook anyone though. I’ve had some excitement the last couple weeks, lets keep it going, Cats!

Players shouldn’t look ahead. But fans certainly can and do.

We need to keep playing better. Win or lose.

As long as we keep getting better the wins will come.

Kansas is good. But they are not nearly as athletic as SEC teams. Toppin should take advantage of that.

Frederick too.

I expect us to win Saturday night.

We are becoming a good team. Not quite there yet.

Our defense is much improved but still a weakness.

Keeping Wheeler on the bench will be important.

(your) Cats should v Blue Birds every year.
Next%20Big%2012%20Champs_zpsq91cjk2r.png

Yep KU gets us back on track. Will never erase that sc loss though. You look through the net and it’s obvious that game hurt pretty bad. We need to just keep winning let the chips fall where they may. This team can make a March run but need a good draw to do it. We crapped the bed last year but St. Peter’s also took down Purdue to get to elite 8. We don’t want a team like that in the first round. A 5-12 matchup worries the hell outta me. I thought before our ceiling was a 5 seed but now I’m feeling we could get a 3 seed if we won out in reg season and lost conference title game. I hope to hell we beat Ku.

Arkansas and Florida have absolutely brutal stretches ahead. I dont see either making the tournament.

I still think Arkansas will end the year strong. They are high in the NET as well.

On the halftime show, someone said they think the SEC will get 7 tournament teams. I think it's rather obvious that Bama, UT, Auburn, Arkansas, and Kentucky will make it. That's 6. They were thinking Florida , which made no sense to me. Missouri maybe, but I can't see Florida. A&M is right there with them.

UF and Mizz could make a nice leap though with wins this Saturday. Florida is playing @ Kansas St (#17), while Missouri gets Iowa State (#9) at home. Tenn gets #8 Texas and Arkansas plays @ #14 Baylor. Those are big games for our conference too. (Also UK vs KU of course)

One game at a time, this team cannot look ahead, cannot afford to. All the focus on Kansas, then if they win, All the focus on ole miss, Kentucky cannot look ahead

Reactions: Catfan in Tn.
V Bama CJ was out
Yeah. No excuse for losing that SC game. None. Both FB and BB share an inexcusable lost to the worst team in the SEC. Woof.

Reactions: CatOfDaVille
It does seem UK’s schedule is pretty favorable to end the year. Last few years it has been pretty brutal, but a lot of home games and the road games all look manageable- can’t overlook anyone though. I’ve had some excitement the last couple weeks, lets keep it going, Cats!

The end stretch isn't easy. Last 6 games are @State, Tennessee, @Florida, Auburn, Vandy, @Arkansas. We can probably only afford to drop 3 more games regular season, max, so we better not lose more than 1 before we get to that stretch.

The game Saturday against Kansas may be our hardest game we have played this season. They will be coming in Rupp for revenge because of the way we defeated them last year. We need to play our best game to win this one.
I don’t see it that way honestly. KU is very weak on the inside. Wilson will be the best player we face all year though and Grady Dick is solid but outside of those two they are a very marginal team at best. If we play a solid game I look for a 10-15 point win. If Wilson or Dick are having an off night could be even more comfortable win.

Add to that KU has a kid much like the one at Alabama. Several things for the Cats to overcome. I hope the crowd will get behind this team from start to finish

Reactions: westerncat
The end stretch isn't easy. Last 6 games are @State, Tennessee, @Florida, Auburn, Vandy, @Arkansas. We can probably only afford to drop 3 more games regular season, max, so we better not lose more than 1 before we get to that stretch.
I get it, but I’ll take that stretch of games to end the year. Road games are always tough, but I like our chances in all three. Not saying we go 6-0, but all those games will be winnable.

I think uk shoots lights out this weekend and beats Kansas fairly easy..
I actually think UK shoots lights out but Kansas will play well enough to keep it from being a blowout. They will have someone like Dick play annoying well

I don’t see it that way honestly. KU is very weak on the inside. Wilson will be the best player we face all year though and Grady Dick is solid but outside of those two they are a very marginal team at best. If we play a solid game I look for a 10-15 point win. If Wilson or Dick are having an off night could be even more comfortable win.
Hope your are right.

Why stop there? If we win 9 in a row the next game will be Mississippi State and they aren't that good. Then the next game we entertain the dirty low down snitches at Rupp...

We need to force feed Oscar and get their whole front line in foul trouble.

If Toppin wasn’t afraid of contact we could use him like that too.

We need to make them a jump shooting team. We can’t guard their wings off the bounce.

And beating #4 UT on Rocky Top should have taught you we can beat anyone too.

The difference Orcat is that we were without Toppin and Wallace (2 starters) v the Gamecocks and still had a chance to tie at the buzzer.

How many games has UK lost when fully heathy? ie Toppin out, Frederick out, Wheeler out or Wallace out?

I see what you're saying but there is still no way in hell we should have lost to a team as sad as SC, and especially at home. They're just terrible and everyone has destroyed them even at their place. We just played a horrible game and I'm being honest with that. You choose to look at the very bright side of things and I try to be a bit more realistic. Are we playing much better now? Of course, but still tough to get that game out of memory. It wasn't all that long ago.

I see what you're saying but there is still no way in hell we should have lost to a team as sad as SC, and especially at home. They're just terrible and everyone has destroyed them even at their place. We just played a horrible game and I'm being honest with that. You choose to look at the very bright side of things and I try to be a bit more realistic. Are we playing much better now? Of course, but still tough to get that game out of memory. It wasn't all that long ago.
That was an awful game. No way around it. The UCLA game was awful. Alabama embarrassed us and showed everyone how to play us. The Yale game was awful even though we won.

The team is better now. And getting better. Every game. Every practice.

And just as important, gaining confidence.

We have a lot of work to do. Oscar and Toppin can’t guard their man. We have to learn to help on defense. Than help the helper.

It’s not a finished product.

Kansas will be tough. Revenge, looking to get back on track after a three game losing streak, they're a good team, etc.

All that said, Cats by 90.

V Bama CJ was out
I hear you - but the first two were train wrecks where those injuries were irrelevant to the outcome; we should have won the third blindfolded.

I'm not always optimistic ( insert insult here). but I feel really good about where this is .. A few things need to happen for us to be a legit top 10-15 type team .. CJ has to get more consistent . Reeves has to stay warm to hot , and most important Toppin needs to help big O on the boards and get some points as well. Then Wallace breaks this cold spell ... and we become pretty dang good.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
ADVERTISEMENT