ADVERTISEMENT

Beat Ga

check out my posts last year before we played Florida, I was picking the upset in June of 2018. Again I am not picking Kentucky to win the game but it's going to be closer than experts think.

well, I’ll betcha a Coke it’s not. I think if we keep it within 3 touchdowns it’ll be a miracle

Or 26-24 UK.

Seriously, I'd take a moral victory if we can hold it to under 15.

There are NO moral victories! You either WIN or Lose. Moral victories would not win a war, and Congress give us a moral victory in Korea and Viet Namn, when I was flying in the USAF. WW2 and WW1 were WINS. Show me a person who is satisfied with a "Moral Victory," and I will show you someone who is satisfied with losing. That $hit is NOT for me.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

That's why our D sucked when Stoops took over, then when we went to 4-3 we saw a significant improvement. Perhaps this D should follow suit.?

We have never run a 4-3 during Stoops’ tenure. Our best year on defense was ‘18, and we were definitely running a 3-4. Josh often lined up at or near the position for a traditional DE, but was a Jack backer often with pass coverage responsibilities, as is Josh Pascal and Jordan Wright, today.

We have never run a 4-3 during Stoops’ tenure. Our best year on defense was ‘18, and we were definitely running a 3-4. Josh often lined up at or near the position for a traditional DE, but was a Jack backer often with pass coverage responsibilities, as is Josh Pascal and Jordan Wright, today.
I could have sworn we went with a 4-3 Stoops' first or second year. Zadarius moved down to a hand in the dirt DE during that year before he graduated. It was really for year before he had the personnel he wanted and switched again.

There are NO moral victories! You either WIN or Lose. Moral victories would not win a war, and Congress give us a moral victory in Korea and Viet Namn, when I was flying in the USAF. WW2 and WW1 were WINS. Show me a person who is satisfied with a "Moral Victory," and I will show you someone who is satisfied with losing. That $hit is NOT for me.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!
Didn't mean to piss in your cheerios, man! My point was of course we play to win, but, a respectable showing against a 25 point favorite on their home field would show continued progress of our Cats. A 50 point blow-out could set us back morale-wise.

As a Navy vet, (and son of a Pearl Harbor surviver and Navy lifer) I appreciate your point, and thanks for your service!

Was the lost to SC by UK a fluke?

No but the fluke was UGA's loss to SC which isn't likely to happen again.
SC earned their win over UK but in fairness UK was in a really bad spot with the QB position in that game. Starter playing injured and no viable Plan B.

The question for this week is, how effective will our offense be using a platoon system of Smith and Bowden. We can match up physically with UGA and the defense may be just good enough, but the offense really has to unleash it for something like 35 points IMO.

SC earned their win over UK but in fairness UK was in a really bad spot with the QB position in that game. Starter playing injured and no viable Plan B.

The question for this week is, how effective will our offense be using a platoon system of Smith and Bowden. We can match up physically with UGA and the defense may be just good enough, but the offense really has to unleash it for something like 35 points IMO.

Hold Georgia to under 200 yards, they will be in the game. I know that seems like a pipe dream, but I think our D line is better this year than last. The LB do worry me a bit about setting the edge. Their play so far this year has been rough.

Has it been established that SS and LB will both play at QB? If so, and the packages are right, that could give us the best chance to win. Trust in CMS and Gran!

Has it been established that SS and LB will both play at QB? If so, and the packages are right, that could give us the best chance to win. Trust in CMS and Gran!

I am seeing this as a close game, because Georgia has to prepare for a near 100% healthy QB who was almost flawless against Florida for 3 quarters sans that pick in the red zone and one who absolutely dominated an SEC team never playing QB in college ever.

Reactions: CatEye2010
Hold Georgia to under 200 yards, they will be in the game. I know that seems like a pipe dream, but I think our D line is better this year than last. The LB do worry me a bit about setting the edge. Their play so far this year has been rough.

Hold them to under 200 yards? What team have you been watching? I’ll have whatever you’re having.

Hold them to under 200 yards? What team have you been watching? I’ll have whatever you’re having.
Don't mean to speak for uksam but I think what he may mean is hold GA under 200 rushing yards. That's an ambitious goal as Swift could get 200 yds on his own unless UK's run D tightens up. For whatever reason Smart got away from his running game vs SCAR, think that'll likely be a focus for them Sat plus apparently rain is likely.

That is essentially what Hinshaw said in his presser yesterday. He didn't come right out and say they were platooning these two but that was the impression that was left.

Reactions: CatEye2010
UGA simply doesn't take the L to South Carolina in Athens if they are all that and a bag of pickled eggs.

I think UK goes down there and fights hard and has a chance to win late.

Reactions: uksam21
Not true. Early in his tenure when he took over play calling from DJ Eliot we ran 4-3. And that's when the D improved. Not greatly but did improve.

Weather might be a factor tomorrow night, Georgia is coming off a game where they committed 4 turnovers.

I
Didn't mean to piss in your cheerios, man! My point was of course we play to win, but, a respectable showing against a 25 point favorite on their home field would show continued progress of our Cats. A 50 point blow-out could set us back morale-wise.

As a Navy vet, (and son of a Pearl Harbor surviver and Navy lifer) I appreciate your point, and thanks for your service!

I'm sorry if I come across as an A-Hole. I didn't mean it to be that way. I guess I'm still Pi$$ed off about not letting us win in Namn, and how we were treated when we got back. I just want to win at anything I do. Sports is only a game, and I don't get upset when we lose. War is, and was different. I lost some classmates in Namn, for nothing. I still have not seen the WALL, and probably never will. I have been offered several trips on the "Honor Flight", but have not gone. I hurt to much.
Thanks very much for your service.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Sure glad we are not playing Justin Fields. Wow. UGA would probably be undefeated if he was still there.

Nothing is over till its over. I definately saw a reason for optimism last week. I think with Lynn at QB he gives their D coordinator fits.I think Lynn is uber comfortable under center,he did it all through high school so like they say about riding a bicycle. Once you learn you never forget.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT