ADVERTISEMENT

Beat Ga

acacbd0098d95c9f35d5c8411a800729.jpg

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Hope we can keep it close. SCAR has a beast of a D'line and very talented secondary. Don't know what Muschamp put in the water cooler, but the light seems to have come on for his defense. Extremely physical bunch!! UK needs to get back to that physical type of play on D and on O'line!!

Actually I do know....SCAR went to a 4-3 scheme whereas they were running 3-4. 3-4 scheme seems to be very tough for inexperienced D's to grasp. And requires extremely intelligent and speedy LB's and secondary. That's why our D sucked when Stoops took over, then when we went to 4-3 we saw a significant improvement. Perhaps this D should follow suit.?

Looks like we're about 3 1/2 TD under"dogs" in this one. A little more than I expected. I think we beat the spread, but doubt we will win outright.

On topic: Cats can win this game if they want.
If ya want to do something, you don't look for approval, you just do it.
We have the talent. We need the work.

Last edited:
Why would I not be serious? It is you that is hiding behind the veil of the team vs UK is GA.

If you don't think we can win, then you expect us to lose.

yes, I absolutely do expect us to lose. And that doesn’t make me a bad fan. I’ll be cheering my ass off hoping to be shocked. But nothing I’ve seen from this team this year makes me think we can go on the road and beat Georgia. Maybe you’ve been watching a different team than me.

yes, I absolutely do expect us to lose. And that doesn’t make me a bad fan. I’ll be cheering my ass off hoping to be shocked. But nothing I’ve seen from this team this year makes me think we can go on the road and beat Georgia. Maybe you’ve been watching a different team than me.

Salute your thoughts. Your lemmings thinking just lines up.
Growth is hard and long.

Hope we can keep it close. SCAR has a beast of a D'line and very talented secondary. Don't know what Muschamp put in the water cooler, but the light seems to have come on for his defense. Extremely physical bunch!! UK needs to get back to that physical type of play on D and on O'line!!
With the way the zebras get flag happy Golf is more physical than Football these days.

Reactions: CatClause

3 quarters against Florida until our QB got hurt?

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Kentucky needs to play on Saturday the way that 2016 team did in Tuscaloosa. People forget that the Cats had a 3-0 lead and Conrad was wide open on a pop pass that SJ could never hit. The next play SJ was sacked and that was the end of that. After the game Bama players said Kentucky was the most "physical" team they had played in the last few years. Said they were hit harder and it was a tough game. That Alabama team would smoke this Georgia team.

BTW that Kentucky team wasn't coming off a 10 win season either.

3 quarters against Florida until our QB got hurt?

I’ll bite. We looked like a real SEC team for those 3 quarters, no doubt. IF we could play like that team again, maybe I’d change my tune. Also, that QB isn’t playing anymore. I liked what Bowden gave us last week. Doing that against the Georgia defense is going to be a totally different challenge. The problem is we’ve played 3 more games since then and we haven’t looked like that team since. Secondly we haven’t seen anything from this team that says they can win on the road. They’ve been pretty bad in road games, especially the last one in South Carolina.

I’m just being realistic, man. There has been nothing, save 3 good quarters against Florida to make me think this team has even a punchers chance at going between the hedges and winning.

Reactions: MEMEBLUE
Kentucky needs to play on Saturday the way that 2016 team did in Tuscaloosa. People forget that the Cats had a 3-0 lead and Conrad was wide open on a pop pass that SJ could never hit. The next play SJ was sacked and that was the end of that. After the game Bama players said Kentucky was the most "physical" team they had played in the last few years. Said they were hit harder and it was a tough game. That Alabama team would smoke this Georgia team.

BTW that Kentucky team wasn't coming off a 10 win season either.

A game we lost by 4 touchdowns is our model, then. Nice. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That was the signal that Stoops had turned program around, that allowed us to go to Louisville and win as a 27 point underdog.

That win against Louisville was awesome! It’s not going to help us this weekend @ Georgia though I’m afraid.

I am just saying this team needs to go to Athens with same attitude as that team in 2016. Not the one we saw in Starkville or Columbia.

I’m with ya there. Just haven’t seen anything from this team to expect that.

Reactions: uksam21
So, so much of sport is mental. The actual physical abilities between the best football teams and decent football teams are minimal. I hope that the coaches & upperclassmen can somehow put together a perfect storm of motivation this week and come out Saturday with a pissed off, chippy, “me against the world”, ready to brawl, nothing to lose mentality. I hope our linemen play with that calm yet half-crazed aggression that stuns the georgia players and kinda freaks ‘em out. I don’t expect us to win, but I will be ready & hoping to be shocked. I don’t understand (nor will I ever understand) those who concede losses to anyone.

So, so much of sport is mental. The actual physical abilities between the best football teams and decent football teams are minimal. I hope that the coaches & upperclassmen can somehow put together a perfect storm of motivation this week and come out Saturday with a pissed off, chippy, “me against the world”, ready to brawl, nothing to lose mentality. I hope our linemen play with that calm yet half-crazed aggression that stuns the georgia players and kinda freaks ‘em out. I don’t expect us to win, but I will be ready & hoping to be shocked. I don’t understand (nor will I ever understand) those who concede losses to anyone.

Nice post—and I feel pretty much the same way about conceding a loss. I firmly believe this team thought they could win the SEC East crown—and probably have to beat Georgia to do it. I think the injury to Sawyer, the late loss to Florida was a real mental blow to this team and contributed greatly to the losses to Miss St and So Carolina! It took the comeback against Arkansas to get their minds back and I believe they will come out physical against Georgia on Saturday—and if they play a clean game and get a few breaks can certainly win!!

UK +24. We got 'em right where we want 'em.

I was surprised at the O/U; only 49.5

Go Cats!

check out my posts last year before we played Florida, I was picking the upset in June of 2018. Again I am not picking Kentucky to win the game but it's going to be closer than experts think.

ADVERTISEMENT