ADVERTISEMENT

Be ready! Kansas likely to pass UK in all-time wins this season.

As if this season hasn't been torture enough Kansas is only 6 games behind UK in all-time wins. With UK not going to tournament and likely losing 1st SEC tournament game, Kansas will probably win the weak ass Big 12 again and pass UK in wins. Unacceptable IMO.
Baylor will win the conference

It was no big deal when I cheat passed us and it won’t be if ku does it. We will get it back. There are more important things to fret about. Like, how to reunite the fan base.

You represent that smallest fragment of the fan base that doesn't think it's a big deal.

And losing the all-time wins lead to Kansas is a surefire way to continue to split the fan base.

I warned you guys this was VERY possible this season. Several responded by saying all would be OK after the NCAA investigation and verdict against KU was handed down. They said wins would be vacated and UK would again have the all-time wins lead.
Who wants to be #1 like that? We should demand excellence on the court and measure our successes based on that.

It was no big deal when I cheat passed us and it won’t be if ku does it. We will get it back. There are more important things to fret about. Like, how to reunite the fan base.

He can reunite the fanbase either by resigning at the end of the season, or winning 30 games next year/ being top ten most of the year/ going to the final four. We are Kentucky, and the excuses are worn tf out. Perform or hit the road.

Going to be tough for Kansas to catch us this year.

JB
It’s really not that tough. We could literally not win another game. Kansas still plays utep. That will get them within five. They will most likely win 2 to 3 in there conference tourney.
then all they’ll need is one or two in the tourney

Reactions: CROCAT
It’s really not that tough. We could literally not win another game. Kansas still plays utep. That will get them within five. They will most likely win 2 to 3 in there conference tourney.
then all they’ll need is one or two in the tourney

UTEP is a gimme. Then they would have to win the B12 tourney, make the elite 8 and we would have to lose the next three for them to pass us. I admit I did say "catch us" instead of "pass us" but I still think that will be tough for them. Especially away from home. Not that I like having to even do the math on this but still.

JB

UTEP is a gimme. Then they would have to win the B12 tourney, make the elite 8 and we would have to lose the next three for them to pass us. I admit I did say "catch us" instead of "pass us" but I still think that will be tough for them. Especially away from home. Not that I like having to even do the math on this but still.

JB

If not this year then before December of next year.

I warned you guys this was VERY possible this season. Several responded by saying all would be OK after the NCAA investigation and verdict against KU was handed down. They said wins would be vacated and UK would again have the all-time wins lead.
Who wants to be #1 like that? We should demand excellence on the court and measure our successes based on that.

I'd say 98% is perfectly fine with being #1 "like that"

Whether the NCAA has balls or not to hammer Kansas (they don't) it should not be any solace to us to have to rely on that as means for the lead being cut this close. Should be trying to to add to that lead by wins, not some false hope that a corrupt organization is going to take matters into their own hands to do the right thing.

kywildcat, excellent post. Why in the heck would we want to back into leading. Real WINNERS don't back in, they play in. I remember what Ted Williams said, when the Manager wanted to bench him for the final game, so he would finish the season over 400 in batting average. He said, "I don't back in to anything. I want to play." His final at bat, they were going to give him and intentional walk, which would have prevented him from hitting over 400. They got one to close, and he hit it into the stands for a HR, and that give him over 400 batting average. He was the last player to hit over 400. That's how real WINNERS think. Be the man, not the excuse!

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

the team should be better, as long as we get a D1 point guard.

That is true. I would hope the team will be better but being better doesn’t even mean we will be good.

KU could easily bring the wins within Say 3 or so by seasons end.

With only a 3 win advantage starting out next year I don’t feel confident at all holding onto it. I’d say by December is likely but definitely by seasons end.

We will be “better” next year but winning more than 8-9 games is still pretty awful, all things considered.

kywildcat, excellent post. Why in the heck would we want to back into leading. Real WINNERS don't back in, they play in. I remember what Ted Williams said, when the Manager wanted to bench him for the final game, so he would finish the season over 400 in batting average. He said, "I don't back in to anything. I want to play." His final at bat, they were going to give him and intentional walk, which would have prevented him from hitting over 400. They got one to close, and he hit it into the stands for a HR, and that give him over 400 batting average. He was the last player to hit over 400. That's how real WINNERS think. Be the man, not the excuse!

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!
Not sure where you heard that Ted Williams story about being intentionally walked. Ted was indeed hitting. 400 last day of season and manager did ask him if he wanted to sit down. Williams did say nope I am playing. It was a Doubleheader. He went 6 for 8 and finished season hitting. 406 closest competitor only hit .359.
So no he didn't swing and homer at a bad pitch in his last at bat to win batting title.
Not trying to be a jerk as I always enjoy your posts. But whoever told you that Williams story made it up.

Last edited:
That is true. I would hope the team will be better but being better doesn’t even mean we will be good.

KU could easily bring the wins within Say 3 or so by seasons end.

With only a 3 win advantage starting out next year I don’t feel confident at all holding onto it. I’d say by December is likely but definitely by seasons end.

We will be “better” next year but winning more than 8-9 games is still pretty awful, all things considered.
Kansas will be bad next year. Their cupboard is really sparse.

Amazing stat for Kansas this year. They have played 18 games. 13 of those games were against teams that were ranked when they played them.

They only lose one player off this years team, Marcus Garrett. They will be loaded next year. Jalen Wilson, Ochai Abaji, David McCormack, Christian Braun, Bryce Thompson. They were missing a true PG this year, I expect Self to pick up a solid PG transfer to resolve that issue.
loaded?

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
They only lose one player off this years team, Marcus Garrett. They will be loaded next year. Jalen Wilson, Ochai Abaji, David McCormack, Christian Braun, Bryce Thompson. They were missing a true PG this year, I expect Self to pick up a solid PG transfer to resolve that issue.

None of those names, who helped Kansas to one of it's worst years in the last decade, equate to "loaded".

Reactions: RunninRichie
If only UK had a season that bad. :rolleyes:

I knew this type of post was coming lol.

What does this have to do with Kentucky? A Kansas fan said they'd be LOADED next year, with a bunch of Kansas holdovers off of a very mediocre team. It was a laughable statement.

I know we're not in a good way at the moment.. but if you can't talk about other teams individually, without bringing up Kentucky, than just stick to bashing Kentucky.

I knew this type of post was coming lol.

What does this have to do with Kentucky? A Kansas fan said they'd be LOADED next year, with a bunch of Kansas holdovers off of a very mediocre team. It was a laughable statement.

I know we're not in a good way at the moment.. but if you can't talk about other teams individually, without bringing up Kentucky, than just stick to bashing Kentucky.
KU was predicted to suck THIS year and they will end up at worst a #4 seed in the NCAA tourney. Why would I believe Self won't get his team to play at least as well next year? The dude maybe slimy but, he can coach basketball.
I see the posts bashing KU but, when our program is 8-15 there isn't much high ground.

KU was predicted to suck THIS year and they will end up at worst a #4 seed in the NCAA tourney. Why would I believe Self won't get his team to play at least as well next year? The dude maybe slimy but, he can coach basketball.
I see the posts bashing KU but, when our program is 8-15 there isn't much high ground.

They were?

6th, 8th, 8th in the preseason polls I'm seeing.

No one is bashing them. But no one here is going to listen to their "We're going to win it next year!" stance they seemingly take every season. Kentucky's record has nothing to do with that.

They were?

6th, 8th, 8th in the preseason polls I'm seeing.

No one is bashing them. But no one here is going to listen to their "We're going to win it next year!" stance they seemingly take every season. Kentucky's record has nothing to do with that.
KU was not predicted to win the Big 12 this year but, they very well may end up winning their conference tourney. They always seem to be right there.
It just comes off a little sad for fans of a program that has stunk to high heaven, to be dissing ANY other program right now. Especially one that will have a decent seed in the NCAA tourney while we sit home on our thumbs.

KU was not predicted to win the Big 12 this year but, they very well may end up winning their conference tourney. They always seem to be right there.
It just comes off a little sad for fans of a program that has stunk to high heaven, to be dissing ANY other program right now. Especially one that will have a decent seed in the NCAA tourney while we sit home on our thumbs.

It's clearly a Kansas Troll thread, with other Kansas fans hoping in. What do you suggest we do then?

And since when did "They seem to be right there" matter? All I've heard this year (maybe not from you), is that being a contender doesn't count one bit. You have to DELIVER Final 4's!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT