ADVERTISEMENT

BBN Petition to CMS

BIG BLUE GURU

Sophomore
Feb 10, 2007
Open up the dang offense. Now is not the time to get stagnant or complacent. Proud of what you have done to get Kentucky to where it is currently at but you have to be willing to change and adapt to keep the momentum going. Put the best passing quarterback in the game who can hand the ball off from time to time or rush for 4 or 5 yards if needed. We are just to one dimensional right now and everyone knows what is coming or what they have to stop in order to be successful.

Georgia will slaughter us if he doesn't mix things up and make them cover the whole field.

Reactions: willievic
Open up the dang offense. Now is not the time to get stagnant or complacent. Proud of what you have done to get Kentucky to where it is currently at

You do realize where Stoops has Kentucky “currently at”? Staring down the barrel of a 3 win season. You’re proud of that? I keep hearing people say they’re “proud” of where he has the program. I mean it’s better than the Joker years but that ain’t exactly saying much. Winning 3 games in year 8 and being one of the worst teams in the conference ain’t very good. You can be “proud” of that all you want.

You do realize where Stoops has Kentucky “currently at”? Staring down the barrel of a 3 win season. You’re proud of that? I keep hearing people say they’re “proud” of where he has the program. I mean it’s better than the Joker years but that ain’t exactly saying much. Winning 3 games in year 8 and being one of the worst teams in the conference ain’t very good. You can be “proud” of that all you want.

A 3 win sec schedule is equivalent to a 8 win regular season with the 4 stinky teams + Louisville . I think Stoops has reached his peak at UK but I at least want to point that out. I think under Stoops UK is a pretty consistent 7 win team with an occasional 6 win year but also the occasional 8-9 win year (I’m not including bowls).

If you're not proud of where the program is from where Stoops inherited it, you're just silly. You know what the OP meant. Calm down.

A 3 win sec schedule is equivalent to a 8 win regular season with the 4 stinky teams + Louisville . I think Stoops has reached his peak at UK but I at least want to point that out. I think under Stoops UK is a pretty consistent 7 win team with an occasional 6 win year but also the occasional 8-9 win year (I’m not including bowls).
Great post. People need to realize this and the sooner they do the sooner they can come off the ledge.
Factor in we have at Bama and at Auburn on the schedule this season instead of Arkansas and you get what you get.

Great post. People need to realize this and the sooner they do the sooner they can come off the ledge.
Factor in we have at Bama and at Auburn on the schedule this season instead of Arkansas and you get what you get.
I don't disagree with you completely. But some would argue that playing the 10 game SEC schedule this year is a truer test of where this football program actually stands in the pecking order. UK has come a long way, but this year is reality smacking UK football fans in the face.

This:

Playing the way UK played against Mizzou, they won't win another game....and if we had the 4 cupcakes and UL...there is no guarantee the Cats would win all those...I don't think they'd beat loserville right now.

Reactions: racehorseowner

I am proud of where he has taken UK after replacing Joker, especially the recruiting. Can he take us to the next level? Yes, I believe he can, if he will quit being hard-headed, and realize the game has changed a LOT since he played. He will have to prove to wide receivers and a QB that he has changed, and his play has progressed into the 21st Century, instead of the 1950's. I haven't given up on Coach Stoops, but the remainder of this season, and next season will tell us about the future of Coach Stoops at UK. Are we going to continue winning 6 or 7 games, and going to a bowl, which will please some of the fans, or is the program going to continue to grow.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Of course we did have the advantage of playing the 2 worst teams in the west . Anyway you slice it , this was the year we should have beaten teams like South Carolina , Ole Miss , Mizzou, Miss st, Ark, and yes even Tennessee.

I don't disagree with you completely. But some would argue that playing the 10 game SEC schedule this year is a truer test of where this football program actually stands in the pecking order. UK has come a long way, but this year is reality smacking UK football fans in the face.

Iferg, I think your exactly right. Beating 4 cup cakes and Louisville does not really show us how much we have progressed. We all know we have improved over Joker's years, but without playing teams in the Top 5 Conferences, we really don't know how much. We had great years because of three or four players, who were spectacular. I don't see any of them this year.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Iferg, I think your exactly right. Beating 4 cup cakes and Louisville does not really show us how much we have progressed. We all know we have improved over Joker's years, but without playing teams in the Top 5 Conferences, we really don't know how much. We had great years because of three or four players, who were spectacular. I don't see any of them this year.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Confused a bit by the 4 cupcakes plus UL I’ve seen twice in this thread.

Isn’t it 3 cupcakes plus UL and 8 SEC games?

Of course we did have the advantage of playing the 2 worst teams in the west . Anyway you slice it , this was the year we should have beaten teams like South Carolina , Ole Miss , Mizzou, Miss st, Ark, and yes even Tennessee.
Ok well, we haven't played USC yet, ole Miss is better than what was talked about due to a coaching change (Their Alabama game proves that), we did beat Miss. St CONVINCINGLY. We did beat UT CONVINCINGLY. And we don't play Arkansas, so not quite sure why you mentioned them. So that leaves Missouri. So that looks to be the only "bad" game we had. But let's give you Ole Miss too. That would make us 2-2 against the teams you mentioned. So yeah, like a normal year for us in the SEC as Stoops has consistently had us at .500 or a little above for the last 4 years.

Reactions: The-Hack

Looking at original schedule we were slated to play Toledo, Eastern Michigan, Kent State, and Eastern Illinois

Edit: the schedule on WLKY must be wrong, that’s 13 games, lol.

Ok well, we haven't played USC yet, ole Miss is better than what was talked about due to a coaching change (Their Alabama game proves that), we did beat Miss. St CONVINCINGLY. We did beat UT CONVINCINGLY. And we don't play Arkansas, so not quite sure why you mentioned them. So that leaves Missouri. So that looks to be the only "bad" game we had. But let's give you Ole Miss too. That would make us 2-2 against the teams you mentioned. So yeah, like a normal year for us in the SEC as Stoops has consistently had us at .500 or a little above for the last 4 years.
This should be an ABOVE normal year for us . Even the coaches were hyping the team before the season . THIS YEAR 2-2 against those teams is disappointing . You capitalizing CONVINCINGLY means nothing , a win is a win and a loss is a loss . Thanks for giving me Ole miss , they are 1-4 by the way . Guess who’s the only team they’ve beaten .

This should be an ABOVE normal year for us . Even the coaches were hyping the team before the season . THIS YEAR 2-2 against those teams is disappointing . You capitalizing CONVINCINGLY means nothing , a win is a win and a loss is a loss . Thanks for giving me Ole miss , they are 1-4 by the way . Guess who’s the only team they’ve beaten .
You are wasting your your breath. (Fingers)

And the administration (Mitch) is fine with this...so the ceiling is fixed for now

I've always thought Vandy was a Cup Cake. I know their in the SEC, but as soon as they get a decent coach, he leaves for a better job. I don't call UofL a Cup Cake, even though I hope we always kick their A$$.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Reactions: UKat1
It should have been if everything went as planned. With the regular season we were supposed to have, with TW being at least as good as he was before injury, with Coach Schlarman not taking a turn for the worst, with Chris Oats playing and not having his health issues. Our locker room as had a lot of emotional issues come there way. And not ones that you just suck up and go on. Ones that take you on emotional rollercoasters if you have any heart at all.

Sometimes things stand in the way of being at your best. Some you can get over and some stick with you, weigh you down and takes longer to get over. I know how much I loved my coaches and I am telling you right now if one of them was going through what Coach S is, I wouldn't be at my best either. As motivating as he has been, it still isn't easy and the emotions for those guys are still there. Every time they ask Stoops about it he immediately drops his head and the sadness is undeniable. This team is going through a lot of things bigger than football.

This should be an ABOVE normal year for us . Even the coaches were hyping the team before the season .

The schedule we had originally broke very well for us. Caught the big SEC teams at good times in their and our schedules. That changed quick with the cancellation of spring football. Got a 2nd dose of bad news with the all SEC schedule, and another with the addition of Bama. Then got another bad break with playing Georgia after a bye week.

I can see where the hype went, but I've watched a lot of football and a lot of football teams. A lot is going on with this year and this team. How they respond will tell us a lot going forward. Not worried about anything right now.

Just glad they're playing football and hope they get and stay healthy

Reactions: yoshukai
This game is going just as I suspected and wished it wouldnt. Trying to run the dang ball on one of the best run defenses in the league. A dang 10 year old could tell you that isnt a good game plan. Open up the offense coaches. Dang

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT