ADVERTISEMENT

BBN lost a huge fan

What a wonderful legacy your father leaves behind. So sorry for your loss. Praying for you and your whole family.

Reactions: BlueSince92
My Dad passed away, early this morning. He introduced me to UK and taught me to love the Cats. He joined the Committee of 101 with me, in 1983, and he worked until his health would no longer allow it, a couple of years ago. Over the years, he traveled to the Great Alaska Shootout, to the Maui Classic, Puerto Rico, New York, New Orleans, and many other places to cheer on his beloved Cats. I sat next to his bed, on Saturday, and even though he could not speak, and was in and out of consciousness, we had the game on. I knew it was the final time that we would be together for a game. He and I watched approximately 750 live UK games together, and I wouldn't trade the memories for anything. He lived in Louisville all his life, and detested the Cardinals, and everything wrong with college sports, that he thought they represented. I already miss him and I guess I always will. All of you who still have a loved one who loves the Cats, call them and just talk BBN with them. You won't have them forever.
Glad you had those memories Ben. My dads still with me but getting older too and also worked in the 101 club. will never forget the nights watching or listening to games at home with him and my brothers. Kentucky basketball IS family to most of us in a unique way for sure.

It will take a while but ever time you think about him no longer being here think about the memories while he was here.It has helped me a lot.

Reactions: jedwar
My Dad passed away, early this morning. He introduced me to UK and taught me to love the Cats. He joined the Committee of 101 with me, in 1983, and he worked until his health would no longer allow it, a couple of years ago. Over the years, he traveled to the Great Alaska Shootout, to the Maui Classic, Puerto Rico, New York, New Orleans, and many other places to cheer on his beloved Cats. I sat next to his bed, on Saturday, and even though he could not speak, and was in and out of consciousness, we had the game on. I knew it was the final time that we would be together for a game. He and I watched approximately 750 live UK games together, and I wouldn't trade the memories for anything. He lived in Louisville all his life, and detested the Cardinals, and everything wrong with college sports, that he thought they represented. I already miss him and I guess I always will. All of you who still have a loved one who loves the Cats, call them and just talk BBN with them. You won't have them forever.
Sorry for your loss, but be thankful for your time together...I lost my dad at seven to TB. I'm now 66.

Last edited:
Ben my friend I am so sorry for your loss. But glad you have all those memories! I will keep you and your family in my prayers! God bless all of you!

Sorry for your loss Ben.

I'm sorry for your loss sir. Our deepest condolences.

Sorry for your loss. Lost my Dad almost 10 years ago. Big UK fan as well. Miss him more every day.

Sorry for your family's loss brother.

We worked so many games together..Bennie always had that smile after a UK win..Will miss that..Godspeed to him a true Gentleman..
See you at the Funeral Home

:cry:

Dad's are Dad's even when they are gone. Daily reminders will keep the love in your heart. Lost my Dad years ago, an avid UK fan, it will get easier but it will never be better than those days with your Dad. My prayers go out to you and I am sorry for your loss.

God bless you my friend. But he already did, by giving you such an awesome dad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT