ADVERTISEMENT

#BBM Attendance Figures

baseballattendance.jpg

Reactions: JasonS.
^ Interesting. I've been to ten of them and have never seen many empty seats. People arrive late because of the women's event, but usually it's packed by the end.

They do modify the seating arrangements obviously to stage the floor.

Reactions: RipThru
That wasn't the question. I was wondering about actual number of attendees.

I'm pretty sure no one will ever know. I doubt they even cared what the numbers were. Its considered a sellout no matter what.

Whatever Rupp Arena holds. 23,000+.

Rinse and repeat, every year.
23,000 is the number of tickets sold. They sell that many because they give them away. I was there and it wasn't nearly full. I'm guessing somewhere between 18k and 19k actually showed up. I was 5 rows up on the sideline upper deck and there was at least 20 or so empty seats in my general area. That's why I believe they should sell Madness tickets the same way they do Blue White scrimmage tickets. That way the people that actually want to be there will claim them rather than have someone claim the seats that may or may not show up.

It's probably not even 23,000 sold tho when you factor that the stage takes up so much space that several sections they don't sell at all.

I was in the upper - upper arena and there were lots of empty seats around me. Had plenty of room all around to stretch out.

It really irks me when someone gets the Big Blue Madness tickets and do not show up. That's ridiculous! I watched on television this year and I thought from looking at it I saw more empty seats than normal. I'm sure that really helps recruiting perception.

I'm all for the give away the ticket it has a barcode on it. If you don't come to Big Blue Madness and your ticket is not scanned in then you receive a bill. Either that or sell them

23,000 is the number of tickets sold. They sell that many because they give them away. I was there and it wasn't nearly full. I'm guessing somewhere between 18k and 19k actually showed up. I was 5 rows up on the sideline upper deck and there was at least 20 or so empty seats in my general area. That's why I believe they should sell Madness tickets the same way they do Blue White scrimmage tickets. That way the people that actually want to be there will claim them rather than have someone claim the seats that may or may not show up.
Unless some rules have changed in the last few years they have to be given away per NCAA rules. Not allowed to sell tickets for Madness events.

Unless some rules have changed in the last few years they have to be given away per NCAA rules. Not allowed to sell tickets for Madness events.

Tickets were free. The Ticketmaster processing fee was not, lol! :p

I'm not sure on the rules but I can't imagine that the NCAA has any control on how you sell tickets. The event isn't at midnight on the first day of practice anymore. There really no difference than this event and the blue white game.

ADVERTISEMENT