ADVERTISEMENT

Battling Bama for top WR

*Bleedingblue*

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 6, 2009
Brown had tentative dates to commit over the last few months, but has yet to pull the trigger in what looks like an SEC battle between Alabama and Kentucky. That seems like a Crimson Tide win and the word is that they should be considered the leader but the Nashville (Tenn.) Pearl Cohn standout loves the coaching staff in Lexington and the Wildcats’ success this year cannot be hurting their chances. There were some rumors TCU was also making a run, but this looks like a battle of SEC teams.

Their are several WR that I don't see why we can't grab. The kid from St. Louis who is looking at FSU could be a guy we can grab. Obviously he's wanting to leave the area and FSU is not very good and hasn't been for some time.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
This guy and Goodwin may tell us where our program is going. At least in the short term. I have to imagine it's a lot harder to tell us no now than it was when Harris, Wills, and Mac were making their decisions.

Reactions: *Bleedingblue*
Think he's visiting Ole Miss this weekend so this may be premature.
It is supposedly down to UK and Ole Miss. Ole Miss has the offense any wr would want to play in. So you never know
The article said it was between UK and Bama.
Bama dropped out. There is info in the 22 recruiting thread. The Bama insiders are predicting him to UK

He’s been suspended from his HS team for grades. Maybe y’all can place him the JUCO of your choice because he’s not coming to real college out the gate.

Reactions: YaketySax
Maybe on your way back to Knoxville you can stop at Winn-Dixie for a bottle of Fleischmann’s to stick up your ass to soothe the pain. Clip some coupons and save a few cents while you’re at it.
Hot damn. It’s just a game, guy.

Lol says the UT fan filling up multiple threads on a UK message board.

You should contact that high profile attorney in Knoxville you mentioned in the other thread and see if he can file internet assault charges. I’ll Venmo you the $50 fine lol
I don’t get tore up over words and actions that don’t effect me. Sorry. Glad you enjoy my post tho.

I don’t get tore up over words and actions that don’t effect me. Sorry. Glad you enjoy my post tho.
In all honesty, enjoyed it immensely.

But let’s be real. If you weren’t affected by the Ole Miss loss would you be here tonight posting? On a UK message board? “Piggly Wiggly Field”?

Serious question.

In all honesty, enjoyed it immensely.

But let’s be real. If you weren’t affected by the Ole Miss loss would you be here tonight posting? On a UK message board? “Piggly Wiggly Field”?

Serious question.
I’ve posted here for months. The Ole Miss loss sucked but it is what it is. Poor officiating will continue to plague the league until they hire real full time officials.

I’ve posted here for months. The Ole Miss loss sucked but it is what it is. Poor officiating will continue to plague the league until they hire real full time officials.
I know you’ve posted here for a while. But you started in with the Piggly Wiggly bs and then play the ‘Rowland said I can post here if I’m respectful’ angle when people call you out on it.

There are tons of examples of rival fans posting here respectfully. Try to emulate them.

I don’t care about smack talk, just don’t be two-faced about it and act like you’re some exemplary rival fan looking for intelligent discussion while trying to badmouth UK on a UK board.

I know you’ve posted here for a while. But you started in with the Piggly Wiggly bs and then play the ‘Rowland said I can post here if I’m respectful’ angle when people call you out on it.

There are tons of examples of rival fans posting here respectfully. Try to emulate them.

I don’t care about smack talk, just don’t be two-faced about it and act like you’re some exemplary rival fan looking for intelligent discussion while trying to badmouth UK on a UK board.
Y’all ran the UNC and UGA fan off. They don’t even want to post here anymore. I’m only posting here because I believe Tennessee’s next winnable game is UK and I said something on this post because most people tied into recruiting think Brown is a JUCO casualty.

Y’all ran the UNC and UGA fan off. They don’t even want to post here anymore. I’m only posting here because I believe Tennessee’s next winnable game is UK and I said something on this post because most people tied into recruiting think Brown is a JUCO casualty.
UT will get smashed into pieces. Take it to the bank. Y’all have a false sense of hope beating the 2 worst teams in the SEC by a bunch. The Vols don’t play big boy football anymore. UK isn’t winnable this year, hate to break it to you.

UT will get smashed into pieces. Take it to the bank. Y’all have a false sense of hope beating the 2 worst teams in the SEC by a bunch. The Vols don’t play big boy football anymore. UK isn’t winnable this year, hate to break it to you.
Why didn’t UK beat them by a bunch? Not smack. Honestly curious.

Well firstly, because early in the year they were turning the ball over like crazy each game. Secondly, UK doesnt play a style offensively that will score 100 points. They play ball control offense to shorten games, limit possessions and play good defense which lends itself to closer games more times than not if they aren’t super efficient that particular game. However, if they are efficient and take care of the ball you will see them blow people out like they did against LSU occasionally.

Reactions: satcheluk
Well firstly, because early in the year they were turning the ball over like crazy each game. Secondly, UK doesnt play a style offensively that will score 100 points. They play ball control offense to shorten games, limit possessions and play good defense which lends itself to closer games more times than not if they aren’t super efficient that particular game. However, if they are efficient and take care of the ball you will see them blow people out like they did against LSU occasionally.
I think UKs offensive style plays heavily into UTs defense. Live in the backfield. Blow up runs and screens. It’s why they have so many TFLs.

I think UKs offensive style plays heavily into UTs defense. Live in the backfield. Blow up runs and screens. It’s why they have so many TFLs.
On paper it seems that way but when I watch the games I don’t think UT has the DL to do that consistently against UK. UK will have the best O Line UT has seen this year.

On paper it seems that way but when I watch the games I don’t think UT has the DL to do that consistently against UK. UK will have the best O Line UT has seen this year.
Ehhh Mizzou allows less sacks and moved the ball on the ground well before they faced us. Don’t get me wrong, UK has a very good OL but Tennessee lives in backfields and gets these TFLs at a high clip.

I’ll bring em to PIggly Wiggly Field in a few weeks.
Kroger is the largest grocery chain in the U.S. and the second largest retailer. I will gladly take them as a corporate sponsor. Lots of money available to throw to the University. Maybe it's a better alternative than letting the Flying J guy make your coaching hires..

Reactions: travisbickle
Ehhh Mizzou allows less sacks and moved the ball on the ground well before they faced us. Don’t get me wrong, UK has a very good OL but Tennessee lives in backfields and gets these TFLs at a high clip.
Don’t compare Mizzou to UK. Kentucky is much much better. You will see come game time my friend, I know history won’t allow you to view UK as legitimate but this is a very real UK program now.

ADVERTISEMENT