ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball

Lexington is a tough nut to crack. Great place but can feel very cliquey to outsiders.
I’ve told people Lex is very insular. I guess they have to find out the truth themselves. Even the big churches are cliquish..which is a shame.

does Briar Hill Rd ring a bell to any of you cats?
Rings a bell to me. I live on Briar Hill. Its one of the most beautiful areas of Fayette County. American Pharoah was foaled about a half mile from me at Stock Place farm on Briar Hill and Clarkland farm just sold the sales topper at the Keeneland September sales that brought $8.2 million. Filly was by American Pharoah out of Leslies Lady. Great area!

Last edited:
Reactions: CastleRubric
This was my lovely bride's warning about her down

but I discovered a great blues band while I was there - became their guitar player - and ALSO found the Dark Net / Sllk Road.....so I didn't give a $hit about the JAWWWWWGA mannahs and whatnot

and what do you know -- those asshats fell in love with me
People in Lex are still friendly and cordial for the most part. People are helpful to strangers—but as far as making deep friendships ..that’s another story.

I've always seen lex as a "I want to be a big city" kind of town.

For the OP, I suggest you move to one of the adjacent or once removed counties. Property costs not nearly as inflated, overall better schools, etc... and if you have to go to lex for some reason, good roads and reasonable drive.

Reactions: CatGotMyTongue
So - tell me about these things if you don't mind:

Paris, Ky
Georgetown, Ky
General Commuting patterns around Lex

Where you would live if you worked east of Lex
And have a family w/2 teen kids ~ SR's in HS type age

I'll know more tomorrow but there's a good chance I'll be in town briefly this Wed

Paris, Ky
Georgetown, Ky

I'll know more tomorrow but there's a good chance I'll be in town briefly this Wed
Mt Sterling about 30 miles away via I-64.

Paris, Ky
Georgetown, Ky

How Far East?

I live in Hamburg area and can be on 75 in about 2 minutes from my house. From there it’s a few miles to I64.

Traffic into Lexington in the morning and out of Lexington in the afternoon sucks in all directions.

5749 B. -- r--ia--r Hill Rd, Lexington

hypothetically - if you were going to work near that address

how would you place yourself for a good commute?

That’s 14 mins from my house. I love Hamburg. I never have to cross Richmond road for anything.

That’s 14 mins from my house. I love Hamburg. I never have to cross Richmond road for anything.

So that's outside of Lexington proper then?

I'll know a LOT more mid of this week about all this

if you - or anyone else - wind up being locals to where I may relocate - would you be ok with a swap of phone #'s and a brief convo end of next week ish?

So that's outside of Lexington proper then?

I'll know a LOT more mid of this week about all this

if you - or anyone else - wind up being locals to where I may relocate - would you be ok with a swap of phone #'s and a brief convo end of next week ish?

Sure thing man.

It’s the Far East side of Fayette county. There are plenty of restaurants, shopping, etc within 5 mins of my place. 2 brand new schools (soon to be 3.) Plus with the easy access to the interstate, you can be at the airport in under 20 mins which is handy for me because I fly several times a month.

Reactions: CastleRubric
The traffic on that side of town is ridiculous at certain times of the day, if you end up considering Andover. I don’t know much about the neighborhoods outside of the interstate on Man-O-War. Should be a lot popping up over near Polo Club Blvd. It may already be moving. I tend to stay away from there since I live on the complete opposite side of town. Polo Club area would be pretty ideal if you’re working in the B***r *i*l* area ........... if you like people.

Reactions: KRJ1975
ADVERTISEMENT