UK

Cons:
No downtown
News media sucks.
Property taxes
Fat people
Traffic flow
boring.
It’s tough to make quality friends if your not from there.

Last edited:
Pros:

Safe
Inexpensive
Decent schools
Keeneland
Proximity to Cin Lou Ind
Proximity to Gorge
Raven Run
Place to raise kids
UK

Cons:
No downtown
News media sucks.
Property taxes
Fat people
Traffic flow
boring.
It’s tough to make quality friends if your not from there.

No downtown? Funny, but I have worked in what appears to be a "downtown" for about 40 years, has bars, restaurants, banks, lawyers, accountants and condos. Who knew there is no downtown in Lexington. :smiley:

Reactions: P19978
No downtown? Funny, but I have worked in what appears to be a "downtown" for about 40 years, has bars, restaurants, banks, lawyers, accountants and condos. Who knew there is no downtown in Lexington. :smiley:
It has one—but it’s lame.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Assuming you're single, no family?

Get a condo downtown. Contrary to the opinion in this thread, downtown Lexington has gotten substantially better over the last few years. There is plenty of good food and lots of good bars.

If you've got kids you need to take schools into consideration.

Assuming you're single, no family?

Get a condo downtown. Contrary to the opinion in this thread, downtown Lexington has gotten substantially better over the last few years. There is plenty of good food and lots of good bars.
OP is coming from Atlanta.

Reactions: chroix
You would looooooooove the Masterson Station area. They need a neighbor like you.

Real answer: Buy some land out in the 'country' somewhat near your work and build your own place. I love this city, but I hate driving in this city.
I know nothing of Lexington at this point other than UK was one giant construction zone when I visited about 3 years ago. The place did seem to be booming. I do think driving in just about any metro area in America is hated. If you want great two lanes to drive on move to Wyoming. Just watch out for the cattle, they have the right of way.

I know nothing of Lexington at this point other than UK was one giant construction zone when I visited about 3 years ago. The place did seem to be booming. I do think driving in just about any metro area in America is hated. If you want great two lanes to drive on move to Wyoming. Just watch out for the cattle, they have the right of way.
That’s true, we just have a few antiquated portions of major roads that don’t make a lot of sense. Little too late to fix it now though. They’re trying at least.

For city living, Lexington isn't bad. It's relatively clean and doesnt have the crime, gang and prostitution rates that alot of cities are plagued with. There is enough to do without having to deal with alot of tourists. Traffic can be bad at times but that's expected. Weather is bearable.

ADVERTISEMENT