C Jared Payne
3B Chase Estep
OF Dylan Rogers

RHP Jackson Fristoe
LHP Dawson Lytle
LHP Cooper Jones
OF Houston King

Last edited:
Baseball recruiting really is the most interesting recruiting, IMO. With basketball and football you just go after the best kids and don't have to worry about anything else. With baseball you have to go after the best and weigh the odds that the kid is going to come to college. You might spend all your time on this guy who will never step foot on your diamond. That makes it extremely difficult, and frustrating, I am sure.

Reactions: cat888
Baseball recruiting really is the most interesting recruiting, IMO. With basketball and football you just go after the best kids and don't have to worry about anything else. With baseball you have to go after the best and weigh the odds that the kid is going to come to college. You might spend all your time on this guy who will never step foot on your diamond. That makes it extremely difficult, and frustrating, I am sure.

And not to mention, they can go elsewhere after the draft has completed, like our recruit with FSU. You almost have to overrecruit in baseball in anticipation or scavenge on other school's other committed players.

And not to mention, they can go elsewhere after the draft has completed, like our recruit with FSU. You almost have to overrecruit in baseball in anticipation or scavenge on other school's other committed players.
I think the J.C. Flowers situation had more to do with the coaching change than anything else.

I think the J.C. Flowers situation had more to do with the coaching change than anything else.

Of course. I'm only trying to say that if you recruit at an elite level in baseball, then you have to be prepared to lose half of your class not only to the draft, but also to them attending other schools, especially JUCOs.

Reactions: TheThack
Going back to this year (and it may have already been posted), but Thompson was the fourth lowest draftee not to sign. I would be extremely surprised if he is not a factor next Spring.

I was also going to ask Blake if he could edit his list at the top with the new names, and then I noticed he had already done it. Well done, sir! Well done!

Reactions: TheThack
Added Trae Harmon from Somerset. He's the top prospect in Kentucky for the class of 2018.
A good looking prospect from my area. Kid has light tower power and quick bat, still needs development defensively, but has 2 years to do that in. A older kid for his class so he will mature sooner than later. Somerset/Pulaski area has several nice top tier prospects in baseball coming up in the next 4 to 5 years.

A good looking prospect from my area. Kid has light tower power and quick bat, still needs development defensively, but has 2 years to do that in. A older kid for his class so he will mature sooner than later. Somerset/Pulaski area has several nice top tier prospects in baseball coming up in the next 4 to 5 years.

Perfect Game has this kid listed a a pitcher, but you've only described him as a position player. How does the kid project as a pitcher? Do you predict he'll be a pitcher or a two way player? What position is he playing at the moment and what position might he end up playing in college and beyond?

Trae Harmon has reportedly hit some of the furthest balls ever seen at the prepbaseballreport showcases. BIG time power.

Perfect Game has this kid listed a a pitcher, but you've only described him as a position player. How does the kid project as a pitcher? Do you predict he'll be a pitcher or a two way player? What position is he playing at the moment and what position might he end up playing in college and beyond?
I just saw him pitch one time and was not overly impressed. His fastball is straight and sit around 84-85, average slider, no change. a little to stiff(mechanical) right now. He has a good coach that was former college and pro pitcher so that may change as he develops. My guess at this point is he will be a position player.

I just saw him pitch one time and was not overly impressed. His fastball is straight and sit around 84-85, average slider, no change. a little to stiff(mechanical) right now. He has a good coach that was former college and pro pitcher so that may change as he develops. My guess at this point is he will be a position player.

What position do you think he'd be playing in the field? Is he an outfield type, 3b, 1b?

^ or 3rd - depending on his first step quickness, arm, and hands.

Neither of those two positions 1st or 3rd are high end draft desirables unless there is a quality that he had that is unique to the draft.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT