ADVERTISEMENT

Baron to UT

The kid didn't look like he was really excited about it, totally forced.

In his position with his stepdad and keeping his job, it was expected.

Reactions: TM2013
Imagine Fullmer told daddy not to show up at work tomorrow if he doesn't sign with UT.

Top DL in TN went elsewhere...Rybka to UK, Dallas Walker to A&M and Jay Hardy to Auburn. Had to give daddy a job to get Baron.
Rybka is way done the list from Hardy, who by the way is not signing until Feb., O. Thomas, Baron are ranked much higher. Walker no longer in top 250 and Rybka never was. Walker was not a take for whatever reason but UT would like to have had Rybka but he choose UK. Hope it works out for him. OBTW, Baron's father not stepfather is on the staff at UT. Have different last names but are father and son.

Last edited:
Let them brag. They were sweating keeping a recruit in their backyard with a dad for a staffer. Good for him to go where he wanted. We have plenty of guys who want to come here on the same talent level or better. If he wouldve picked UK, he wouldnt of been a take for them. Same story every day. We are stacked at LB. BTW MrsShwump... they screenshotted your post at VolNation and are finding the truth amusing for some reason?

He handled the commitment well. Didn't do any of the unnecessary trolling or dissing that some recruits do and I respect him for it. Best of luck to him.

Crazy thing is that we're more than fine without him. Obviously it would've been even better if we got him, but in years past this commitment would've been a "make or break" situation for our class. Nowadays we have a plethora of other 4* and 5* linemen to make this not really sting at all.

With the recent assumption that Ox is ours and once we got Hayes today, I think that sealed it in my mind 100% Baron was out. That’s 5 DL

Rybka is way done the list from Hardy, who by the way is not signing until Feb., O. Thomas, Baron are ranked much higher. Walker no longer in top 250 and Rybka never was. Walker was not a take for whatever reason but UT would like to have had Rybka but he choose UK. Hope it works out for him. OBTW, Baron's father not stepfather is on the staff at UT. Have different last names but are father and son.
I know you pretend you're elite but if a guy can play at A&M chances are he can play for TN.

Reactions: theTcat
Let them brag. They were sweating keeping a recruit in their backyard with a dad for a staffer. Good for him to go where he wanted. We have plenty of guys who want to come here on the same talent level or better. If he wouldve picked UK, he wouldnt of been a take for them. Same story every day. We are stacked at LB. BTW MrsShwump... they screenshotted your post at VolNation and are finding the truth amusing for some reason?
Good, maybe they'll learn something.

In making that announcement, he looked like he was about to bust out crying. Puts on a hat 3 sizes too small then immediately took it off. Hope he was left to make the best decision for him but part of me says this story isn’t over yet......

You can't name a single time a teenager was pressured into something and then ultimately didn't give full effort in that situation because their heart was elsewhere.

Ok thanks. So it’s his Dad, not Stepdad, that UT threatened if he didn’t commit there

“Way done” There is that toothless, Tennessee education showing.

Imagine Fullmer told daddy not to show up at work tomorrow if he doesn't sign with UT.

Top DL in TN went elsewhere...Rybka to UK, Dallas Walker to A&M and Jay Hardy to Auburn. Had to give daddy a job to get Baron.

I fully expect Fat Phil to fire off a "confidential" letter (on UT letterhead) to the SEC Commissioner whining and "ratting" out those teams who dared recruit his state this year!!

Saw on Twitter Baron sent OO a congrats for signing with UK complete with a heart and "Family" comment. Those 2 must've gotten to be close friends during the recruiting process.

UK Recruiting class was great. I would hope my kid would join me. Landed more 4 stars in two days than ever. Just thankful Stoops stayed to pull this off. SEC again asserted itself in recruiting but UK class combined with the redshirt FY has a monster group with 4 years if eligibility. Never a better time to be a Cat.

Saw on Twitter Baron sent OO a congrats for signing with UK complete with a heart and "Family" comment. Those 2 must've gotten to be close friends during the recruiting process.

I bet. Marrow said Ox made him work on signing day. Back about 6 months ago, UT was reported as Ox’s fav. UK did a good job keeping him at home. I think Baron and Ox were truly torn. I think it worked out well. I know our staff has a lot of respect for Baron. Seems like a good kid. Marrow said Ox has some of Bowden’s dog in him. That is really good news for a guy who plays on the DL.

You can't name a single time a teenager was pressured into something and then ultimately didn't give full effort in that situation because their heart was elsewhere.
I sure can, but it didn't involve sports(I hope that was just sarcasm on your part)

Reactions: GonzoCat90
Bama might beg to differ, have you read his last letter? Where he had to hide under his desk in fear of the Crimson Tide??!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT